Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 16, 11 5:28 AM
The graphic is very good, also the hog-scenes. The dialogues are a little bit to much, but I am interested in the storyline. For me its a buy

[Post New]by Coronagold on May 16, 11 5:40 AM
Meh.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on May 16, 11 5:47 AM
No , cant say this one is for me, it is very simple, but I am not a big fan of the conversations.The graphics are beautiful,and the hogs are clear and very easy.Just a no buy for me , good for a rainy day, if we ever get any rain here in the west.

linda603
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by linda603 on May 16, 11 6:00 AM
I do not feel this game was ready to be published. the mini games are the worst i have ever played or attempted to play. they have no directions, reset button and the only way i got through most of them was with the skip button. game was slow, dialog was way too long and i am extremely sorry i purcashed this game. I have come to rely on Big Fish as a quality game site. This is so below your standards

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 16, 11 6:03 AM
This story doesn't interest me. I don't mind this type of conversation in a game if it appeals to me. Another thing is that for some reason I was unable to change the options to play in a window so I could use my magnifying glass on the dark hidden object scenes. I'd prefer to be able to do that than just using hints.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on May 16, 11 6:09 AM
I played about 40 minutes of this game. Initially I liked the overall look of the game and it filled my widescreen monotor. Hidden objects are easy to locate and I found the minigames simple but fun. There is way too much dialogue and and the objectives were not always clear. The hint system was not very helpful. I did not find the game to be very interesting or challenging. It is not a bad game and is worth trying, I am sure some people would like it. I think I will pass for now but will keep it in mind.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 16, 11 7:24 AM
Welcome to the pond Linda603!!

I'm a history buff, so this is right up my alley, sort of. Graphics are crisp and clean. I don't recall seeing any modern conveniences in any of the H0 scenes, but as I've only had one cup of coffee this morning I could be wrong, so please don't bite my head off, if I am. I did play the full hour and did not have any technical issues what so ever. I play on a laptop running windows 7 home premium. The hint recharges quickly-40 seconds according to the tutorial. For those that don't like a lot of dialogue you might not care for the game. I don't know if you have to go through it all or not in order to meet objectives. I don't mind the dialogue the vast majority of the time so I went through it all. You can skip mini games-though I don't recall how long it took. There was little to know instruction that I could see when it came to the mini games. When I clicked on the hint for the coin mini game it did give some guidance, but with another it only gave a hint and the hint did not make any sense to me nor did it provide any clue as to how to proceed with the mini game. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but not one I'm willing to spend any money or game credits at this point. Have fun, Y'all

[Post New]by irishblueeyes3 on May 16, 11 8:05 AM
I liked the first one, but this one is not as good. It's a shame, too, because some newer features like the map and hints with it was kinda cool. If you didn't pay attention to the dialogue then you missed things that you needed to find/give which is a pain. (usually skip through dialogue) No buy for me.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on May 16, 11 8:10 AM
played only couple minutes and just uninstalled game. screen problems, curser wont click on the 12 daggers in hos. too much reading. black screen. wont even buy or finish playing.. but have fun anyway. hope BFG fix dark demensions though.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 16, 11 8:12 AM
Thanks for all the reviews. I can neither "praise" nor "bury" Caesar--it's on my DD At 2.99 list. just okay for a rainy day.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on May 16, 11 8:21 AM
sinshack wrote:
ADTech wrote:Why do some people insist on saying that they Beta tested a game? This is useless informattion. Mabye it is their EGO. I have Beta tested many games but do not feel the need to tell everyone unless I noted problems with the game and they were not adressed by BF. Just to say that you Beta tested the game serves no usefull purpose. I am back to reading game reviews and wish I had never stopped. I will write my own game review as soon as I have finished the free download. Also we do not need to know that you are downloading the game as others have mentioned. Do not mean to offend anyone, only expressing my opinion. There are many excellent game reviews provided and for one really appreciate them. I hope I can do as well as others. Everyone have a great day and I thank you all for the time and effort you put in to these reviews.

I always mention that I've beta'd a game when it comes up. I compare the beta to the actual release and say whether or not I liked either or both. I think it's important information, and I'm glad when someone says they have beta'd any game. At the very least, it shows that BGF is testing their games, since they are often accused of releasing games without adequate testing. In some cases, it shows that BFG and the dev's are listening when they make positive changes based on the beta.

If you don't like the posts, don't read them, but please don't dictate what others can post. "I beta'd this" or "I'm downloading" are comments, and this is a Comments and Reviews thread, not a Reviews Only thread.

Very well, put sinshack! I totally agree! I felt there was some humorous Irony in the post anyway! LOL! Complaining that it had nothing to do with a review and yet the complaining had nothing to do with a review! HA HA HA! I don't mind at all reading that someone is downloading a game OR that they have beta'd a game. If I don't like a post I can skim right past them and find something that has information I find useful

Anyway, I also am sitting on the fence about this one. The graphics were nice enough, but as others have stated the objectives were not very clear on this game. MAYBE I'll get it if it comes out on a $2.99 DD someday.

sharon4778
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sharon4778 on May 16, 11 9:24 AM
I bought the game and played the whole thing in under 2 hours.. I don't like games with lots of dialogue and found the game too easy overall. Luckily I use a game credit because it wasn't worth the money

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 16, 11 10:44 AM
I want be buying the game, The wow was not there, Maybe tomorrow BF will have a wow for us..Good Luck Fishes..

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 16, 11 12:22 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I like this game. But then again I'm a fan of the time period and story. I think the graphics are good and I like the interactive dialogue. Widescreen and great overall adjustments. I'm very much looking forward to playing this game. Do I think everyone will like this game, NO. But I really do. I think there are many other's who will like this game also. But please at least give it a try for yourself. You never know what might strike your fancy.

I rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

While I love your rating system, I'd like to suggest on extra one for games that are truly as horrendous as a game can possibly get: PIG PUCKEY, in honor of the phrase used in the really bad but sweet remake of The Little Rascals. This game is not quite that awful, but it does stink pretty badly. Cheers!

Thanks for your suggettions. That's a geat one!

[Post New]by gamineannie on May 16, 11 12:32 PM
[u]Well, played for about 40 minutes and am not that interested in buying this one. The game was very unclear as to objectives, with no mini-game instruction most of the time. The coin game did have minimal instruction, but it was basically a no-brainer as to what needed doing with it. Other mini-games were more obscure and I only solved the one with GREEK letters because of the high-lighted four squares.
After you leave the Senate, you are told that the mystery is just beginning. This led me to think I was now supposed to track down clues or something similar. However, after stumbling around the library, all I know is I am looking for missing pieces for a statue hall (WHY?) and I am now trying to get into a race at the Circus Maximus (again WHY?) Nope, this one does NOT float my boat. Maybe as a DD sometime, when nothing else comes closer to floating the boat. Hopefully, tomorrow's offering is better. Happy gaming, Fishies!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on May 16, 11 12:39 PM
With in 15minutes I was wondering around in circles not knowing where to go. I play for fun, not frustration.

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on May 16, 11 12:46 PM
I lasted 12 minutes and couldn't take anymore of the BORING dialogue. I hate games that have more dialogue than actual "game" in them.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on May 16, 11 1:33 PM
jennsmom wrote:OK, but nothing spectacular. Nice clear graphics, H/Os are not (so far) junk pile, and the background music didn't annoy me but although it's interesting, it isn't absorbing. Perhaps I would purchase it as a DD, but not now.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on May 16, 11 2:42 PM
Coronagold wrote:Meh.

Can you elaborate?

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on May 16, 11 2:56 PM
OK, just downloaded the game. Tried to change the volume of the music, which was really loud. No luck! Deleting! If I have this much trouble at the beginning, imagine when I start playing.

Go to: