yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by yve501 on May 20, 11 4:14 AM
Sorry this is a no-buy for me.
I groaned when she turned up at grandpa's house to find the gate locked - NOT AGAIN
I could have lived with that if I had enjoyed the game more. I found the pick-up cursor and magnifying glass huge and irritating yet the hidden objects were tiny, but you couldn't use the magnifying glass!
There was no skip but the puzzles were ridiculously easy.

I finished the demo in 30mins and looking at the walkthrough I'm nearly half-way through the game! Far too short.

I've got 2 punchcard credits still burning a hole in my pocket, unheard of for me at this late in the month. Come on BFG you can do better!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 20, 11 4:27 AM
Having finished the demo, I probably will not purchase this myself, but it has a lot of good points. This would be a delightful game for a family; because children would greatly enjoy it. In the demo, there was one scene in which a scarab beetle scuttled across the screen several times, and one in which a rat walked back and forth on a pipe near the ceiling. (That might deter some folks.) Other than those scenes, I found nothing that could be considered even remotely scary. The story is imaginative and fun. The music is absolutely perfect, and gorgeous. The voice acting for Grandfather was wonderful. The graphics are beautiful. I did not notice a "skip" button on the mini-games, but the ones in the demo were not really difficult. You do need to pick up on clues which are clearly left in various spots to solve the mini-games. This would make a fabulous team game for a family, because the kids could solve most of it, but if there are very young ones involved, adults or older children could be useful for reading the journal and noticing those clues for the mini-games. It would probably be a fairly short game; because I finished the demo in 36 minutes (not rushing, at all), and when I scrolled through the walkthrough, that is about half of the game. If I had kids, I would have bought this before I even finished the demo.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 4:32:35 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 20, 11 4:44 AM
Umm...seems like it is a short game!

However, i loved this game. The graphics are great, i loved all those mechanics stuff in the game. The game may too easy but the liked the story and everything else. Played for half and hour then quite to buy!!!!

Another GREAT HOG!

KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KelLew34 on May 20, 11 4:49 AM
I've played for about 30 minutes. Nicely designed game. It does seem to be a bit short by looking at the walkthrough. The sparkles are a little irritating, but not a deal breaker.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 20, 11 5:22 AM
Checked the WT and it says 3 chapters, so that looks very short. Good graphics, not too keen about the story, as for mini games, I managed to solve them up to now (Played 20 minutes) but if there's no skip button -looked all over the place for one- and they get harder, it is a no buy for me. What am I going to do with my PC credits ??

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on May 20, 11 5:27 AM
Thank you Goofy and all of you for your comments..........this looks like one I will check out specifically to use with our kids in the summer program. I am excited to begin demo'ing!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 20, 11 5:27 AM
Don't know what's wrong with BFG today, third time I try to post...and nothing. Even had troubles downloading the game.
Anyway, checked the WT, it says 3 chapters, that sounds very short.
Good graphics, not too keen on the story, managed to solve the mini games up to now (played 20 minutes), couldn't find -looked all over the place- a skip button so if the games are getting harder this is a no buy for me.

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on May 20, 11 5:33 AM
yve501 wrote: [snip]
I've got 2 punchcard credits still burning a hole in my pocket, unheard of for me at this late in the month. Come on BFG you can do better!

I've got two left, myself, and I can't remember having any this late in the month. Yesterday's CE was probably the first HOG CE I haven't bought since BFG went to the lower price. I feel as if I'm wandering around in a desert but, hopefully, not for 40 years.

I'm not wasting a punch credit on this game. I know that some people liked the graphics but I did not. They, quite obviously, came from My Giant CD of Royalty-Free H0 Objects, although some of them were new. I turned off when I saw an ice skate hanging in mid-air. Didn't H0 artists stop doing that years ago? I was bracing myself for the dreaded cheese grater when I decided that I didn't care enough about ol' Gramps to finish the demo.

I was so hoping for a good game, today. Yesterday, my riding mower ran out of gas and I had to push it up a slight incline into it's "home". (I'm 67 and small.) So...I hurt everywhere and need to do something sedentary until my muscles go back to pretending they are 18 years old.

Luckily, I have umpteen really good games in my purchase history so I guess I'll pick one of those to download and play.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 20, 11 5:39 AM
You're right Tredzwater, I used one of my credits and the lenght of this game was disappointing. Would make a great buy for a DD.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on May 20, 11 5:54 AM
I shall not try too big for me can not spare the time to download it, there are a lot of negative comments as well

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 5:56:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on May 20, 11 6:33 AM
How do certain game studios manage to pack nearly a gigs' worth of download into an hours' worth of gameplay?

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on May 20, 11 6:47 AM
I totally agree Coronagold. Usually try to figure out the length of game by download time and amount of Megs. Sure got fooled today.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 20, 11 6:57 AM
I played the demo and if they hadn't stopped the demo when they did, I could have finished it in one hour. It's a no buy for me due to that reason.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 20, 11 7:03 AM
I played 40 mins of demo and enjoyed the game. The music is wonderful and the graphics are clear and concise. The screen resolution is a tad off for my monitor but not enough to deter me from purchasing the game. However, due to its short length (as others have posted), I will wait until it is a DD.

Faylyn

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on May 20, 11 7:09 AM
Already posted technical problem (game runs EXTREMELY slow). Looks to be quite short. Very disappointing - looked like a good one.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on May 20, 11 7:32 AM
I really liked the demo finished it and it looks like it is a fairly short game. nice graphics and fun to play. I am on the fence as whether it is a buy or not.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on May 20, 11 7:34 AM
Way too many HOGs. Slow. No buy for me.

lax1822
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

I can't believe I wasted a credit

[Post New]by lax1822 on May 20, 11 7:35 AM
I finished the demo with 23 minutes left to the hour. I enjoyed it so I used a game credit to buy the game.

WHAT A WASTE!!! I finished the rest of the game in less than an hour.

Don't waste your money or your credits!!!

lax1822
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

I can't believe I wasted a credit

[Post New]by lax1822 on May 20, 11 7:35 AM
I finished the demo with 23 minutes left to the hour. I enjoyed it so I used a game credit to buy the game.

WHAT A WASTE!!! I finished the rest of the game in less than an hour.

Don't waste your money or your credits!!!

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on May 20, 11 7:37 AM
Played demo, then bought. Was an okay game. Took about 2 to 3 hrs. to play. Took my time. I have played better, but I have played worse. On the fence on this one. I guess just okay. Nothing special to write home to mother about.

Go to: