TGT - The Pini Society

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:TGT - The Pini Society

[Post New]by bfogc on Dec 25, 08 3:18 PM
I downloaded this game and all it does is freezes up.I had to turn my computer off just to exit the game!I unistalled it and reinstalled it...Still the same thing!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 25, 08 4:03 PM
I have played it for 30 minutes and kept getting glitches like a lot of others, but found it boring, do not know if it will get any better, but I have no sound with it so I suppose that is a blessing reading about that part. I am going to uninstall and try the next new one. Have had a lot of good ones this month and have a 1 credit left so want to make sure I get a good on, still on Dracula it is good but do not want tyo finish it yet.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Lineck

smh218
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by smh218 on Dec 25, 08 4:41 PM
I want to try this one but it will not let me do the trial because I dont have adobe flash 10 but I have downloaded it. what should I do?

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Dec 26, 08 3:50 AM
I thought yes my type of game....... maybe I should go straight to buy... but happily I downloaded the demo first). After playing the first screen (some 10 mins into a lot of blurb being said) i was already very bored, so I uninstalled it and left it at that... Sorry no chance of me purchasing this one. save your money till after the demo is the best advice I can give for this game...

Edited on 12/26/2008 at 3:52:15 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 26, 08 9:22 AM
THANKS EVERYONE

I was debating on playing it...BUT... when I see this many "bad" game postings "I say NO WAY" SAVE me time for "good" games

OR

Re play me favorites

Thanks Again

So Glad we have this pond to share.

Happy Gaming

PEN

[Post New]by diversity50501 on Dec 26, 08 8:17 PM
smh218 wrote:I want to try this one but it will not let me do the trial because I dont have adobe flash 10 but I have downloaded it. what should I do?

Likewise, I tried downloading it (Flash 10) both for IE and Firefox but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyone else out there with the same problem??

Edited on 12/26/2008 at 8:17:54 PM PST

[Post New]by gordonskim on Dec 27, 08 12:36 AM
I had the same annoying problem. I won't be trying to download the game again.

diversity50501 wrote:
smh218 wrote:I want to try this one but it will not let me do the trial because I dont have adobe flash 10 but I have downloaded it. what should I do?

Likewise, I tried downloading it (Flash 10) both for IE and Firefox but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyone else out there with the same problem??

[Post New]by Deb3164 on Dec 27, 08 6:30 PM
yep having the same problem, keeps saying i only have 7.0 but i do have 10

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Dec 28, 08 1:57 AM
got through the intro then a white screen and thats it

jobec5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jobec5 on Dec 28, 08 4:59 AM
Hi BFG fanatics

I actually have gotten quite a bit into this game. There are no level numbers on this one so all I can tell you is that I am one level beyond the bonus constellation game and its mosaic level. Did have some probs with that constellation game tho. When I had to replay it, even tho I connected the dots correctly, it would not acknowledge the success. This was vital to being able to win the next mosaic level as you had to do it by getting to the point goal (as it added my pts from the constellation game)and not finish the mosaic yourself.

Wesjohny - when you go to download the game, instead of hitting "run", hit the "save" button and save it to your desktop. While still keeping the bfg.com running in the background (if you want to purchase it click on the different bfg icon on your desktop and it will load up from there. HTH.

Wish more of you were enjoying this one, I found it a nice break from all the hidden object puzzles and time management games.

Happy New Year All,
Becky

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 28, 08 11:56 PM
No glitches noticed, easy download, hate playing relaxed mode, and this timer is fast on some mosiacs, its a bit of annoying game.

TGT - The Pini Society

[Post New]by newintown on Dec 30, 08 6:03 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Well, it looked good...

It's a Mosaic game, which sometimes I like, with a Relaxed Mode option (increased time, still has a timer) But seems really glitchy. Story bits sometimes play, sometimes just show up in the journal. Had one instructional bit just keep playing on a loop because the "Return to Game" had not activated. Things that were happening in the puzzle like disapearing pieces, or ciolor change pieces or bonus pieces were not explained. The narrators voice began to grate on me nerves and when she was saying "More Time" (apparently earned in some arcane way) I thought she was saying "No Time" as she sounded frantic. So weird littles glitches, repetative with one mini-game I did not like (more dusting and a shift click required to get object) just...no.

[Post New]by Kruse79 on Jan 6, 09 10:50 AM
Played the demo, loved it, bought it, no glitches here.

However, some of the levels do get incredibly hard to do, so my method was to play them first in relaxed mode to help me get unstuck, then switch back to adventure mode and get as far as I could before replaying the levels in relaxed mode to catch up and see what was a couple of levels ahead.

My problem is this: I finished the relaxed mode and it won't let me finish adventure mode, so every time I click continue adventure it just shuts itself down and I get the thank you for playing screen. So what do I do? Lose all my progress, uninstall and try again or wait for a patch?

I relly don't want to risk losing all my progress as I have almost found ll the extra time and bonus icons in the book

[Post New]by Deb3164 on Jan 8, 09 11:15 AM
So has anyone figured out the problem with it not finding flash 10? Mines still says i only have 7.0 tho i've installed it quite a few times now lol

[Post New]by BrideyFearn on Jan 9, 09 11:17 AM
I tried it. I uninstalled it.

1. The story is fragmented, and there's no real backstory to put it in context.

2. The game was one glitch after another; after the third time of getting to my task manager, I gave up.

3. Relaxed mode, to me, means no timer -- not "more time." The puzzles weren't terribly difficult, but I thought it was more of an adventure game.

No, I don't think I'll buy it, even if it is fixed.

[Post New]by Rapsqueak on Feb 16, 09 2:34 PM
jobec5 wrote:Hi BFG fanatics

I actually have gotten quite a bit into this game. There are no level numbers on this one so all I can tell you is that I am one level beyond the bonus constellation game and its mosaic level. Did have some probs with that constellation game tho. When I had to replay it, even tho I connected the dots correctly, it would not acknowledge the success. This was vital to being able to win the next mosaic level as you had to do it by getting to the point goal (as it added my pts from the constellation game)and not finish the mosaic yourself.

Wesjohny - when you go to download the game, instead of hitting "run", hit the "save" button and save it to your desktop. While still keeping the bfg.com running in the background (if you want to purchase it click on the different bfg icon on your desktop and it will load up from there. HTH.

Wish more of you were enjoying this one, I found it a nice break from all the hidden object puzzles and time management games.

Happy New Year All,
Becky

[Post New]by nwgama on Mar 22, 09 11:09 AM
I love puzzles and mozaic games. But they really should be beyond beta mode. This game has the potential to be awsome, but sure isn't there yet. There are no level numbers, no method to redo a level, unattainable point values on some levels (which I think is the only way to unlock the power symbols - that isn't explained), the game freezes (Vista OS).... many, many problems already mentioned in other posts. I went back to the game after several days and discovered that all the power symbols I had opened were no longer shown in the journal. I would really like to see a new version of this game with all the problems fixed. Until then, I will be looking for something that was ready for release!

Go to: