Re:Post any Frozen Kingdom technical issues here only.

[Post New]by peggy366 on May 24, 11 8:27 AM
I also continue to get error 126. Looked at tech help page and followed that but never received a prompt to update DirectX. Help us!!!

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on May 24, 11 8:47 AM
I'm getting the same error as everyone else. Deleted and downloaded 3 times and there is never an option to download a new version of DirectX. I'm running on Windows 7 also. We haven't had a good match 3 game in awhile and it's frustrating since this looks like a good one but can't even play it

luv2cruz
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by luv2cruz on May 24, 11 4:45 PM
I'm having the same problem with installing this game. Error 126. What is up with Big Fish???? Never, ever had any problems but getting this error alot lately when trying out games. I'm about to give up and go elsewhere.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on May 24, 11 8:34 PM
I have Vista. I have had no trouble installing and playing per se, but the game lags tremendously, and takes forever to change between scenes. So unless there is an easy fix for this I am another disappointed customer hoping to add to my Match 3 games queue.

[Post New]by peggy366 on May 25, 11 7:00 AM
I found an update that fixed the error 126!! Although the game never told me to get an update, I did and it worked! Computer only 6 months old but downloaded updates dating back to 2007! Hope this may help others. Have a good day

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 9:28:03 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 26, 11 9:27 AM
Hey Fishies!

Just wanted to swim by and let you know that we have a new build available for Frozen Kingdom, which fixes the installation issues that some of you were having.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on May 27, 11 11:10 PM
The freezing main screen is solved by working in Windowed mode. When it freezes, shrink the window and then maximise it. Fixes itself.

But the name "Frozen Kingdom" is very apt. It keeps freezing during the game 3-4 times a minute. To cure it I had to go into the menu, and then back into the game. 1-3 moves later, it freezes again.

This is one extremely buggy game that has not been Beta tested very well.

And yes, this is the new build.

Go to: