Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Frozen Kingdom

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 23, 11 5:51 PM
It's not a buy for me either for reasons mentioned by other fishies, primarily, it's hard to discern which blocks have been cleared and which haven't. I didn't necessarily find the music annoying, but it didn't fit the game. It sounded more tropical than anything else. Another big issue for me-in the bonus level you had to restart it or use a bomb or rocket when there were no moves left. If you didn't have the bomb/ rocket you had to start over. That's a huge issue for me. Why would I want to play the same level over and over? You don't get you bomb/rocket back either so your stuck. Sorry, developers, whoever you are but you should really know better.

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on May 23, 11 7:11 PM
This game is aptly named. it froze up my computer twice! I will delete and re-install to see if that works has it has for some others.

[Post New]by beth7clyne on May 24, 11 2:40 AM
I have installed the game and get the 126 error like everybody has. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and had the same problem. There was no mention of downloading the latest DirectX program. As my computer is only 6 months old I have the latest version anyway. Can this fault with the game be conrrected as it can't be the computers of everybody that is at fault it must be the game.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 24, 11 6:38 AM
I always enjoy a good M3...this was not it. The tiles to clear are too hard to see. I did like buying the items for the lab (lower left button) but that took me a while to figure out after the one quick look at it after the first board. The music was happily too low to hear, until I foolish turned it up....I made it through the demo, but I wonder what's the point?

This game is a C.

lakelly
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by lakelly on May 24, 11 9:04 AM
I agree - no buy on this one - I didn't even finish 15 minutes of the demo.

It would be intersting if BF gave us some kind of ratings for games - what percentage of the people who demo'ed the game, bought the game. Let's assume that with a wildly popular game, 25% of the people who demo the game, buy it. Make that a 5 star rating, then for every 5% below that, take away a star. I would guess that this one would be a .5 star rating

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on May 24, 11 10:18 AM
As others have already said, it's very hard to see the plates that need to be broken and the music is very monotonous. I love m3's but I only lasted 5 minutes with this one.

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on May 24, 11 12:37 PM
Really thought I was going to buy this one, but got stuck on a bonus level with non-understandable instructions and couldn't get out of it. Sorry, but this one's a loser.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on May 24, 11 8:38 PM
I have the same complaint as other that the background tiles to remove are essentially invisible. This is an incredibly shortsighted mistake on the part of the devs. Even aside from all the technical issues this alone would severely game playability, and my interest in the game.

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on May 25, 11 3:40 AM
I agree with the majority of the others that posted on here. It was way too difficult to tell which tiles had been cleared. There's no way I could have gotten anywhere on the timed mode taking that into consideration. Too bad, I was looking for a new M3 game. Oh well, hopefully a better one will come down the pike soon.

oldwife7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by oldwife7 on May 25, 11 6:45 AM
Thank godness others could'nt see the tiles, thought old age had finally caught up with me.lol.

[Post New]by colorsplash on May 25, 11 2:00 PM
I am always on the loookout for match 3 games. This one IS NOT IT!!
. Thanks everbody for your comments. It is nice to know that I wasnt't the only person who did't like this game.
Back to HOG'S for now.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on May 28, 11 7:50 AM
Hi all in the pond, I've just played the full hour's trial of Frozen Kingdom and now feel totally shattered! Several times I nearly deleted the game but stopped to read other's comments first then went back for yet another try. In the end I had to 'mute' the music, which was driving me krackers, and most of the time I was playing 'blind', not knowing what I was supposed to achieve. I couldn't work out which of the areas needed clearing as I couldn't see any difference (even when I pressed ctrl). At one point I felt I must have skipped an important part of the early instructions but since I wasn't even able to insert my name as a player, at the beginning, I guess that wasn't so.
It was good to be able to play different types of M3 but that didn't compensate for the frustration of feeling totally 'bemused'!
No surprise that I will not be purchasing this game. (Shame because I do love a good match 3 but can't rate this one as being that.)
Love and all good wishes to all anyway, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by Madelyn551 on Jun 1, 11 9:47 AM
Although I bought this game I also think I got robbed!! You can't see the tiles you are supposed to get rid of and there is No Isntruction that I could find...I love match 3's but I'm going to uninstall and take the lost money as a lesson....I should always play the demo all the way through before I buy....There is really nothing I can say that is nice about game!! Buyer Beware!! This is not a good game to buy....

[Post New]by pvf147 on Jun 2, 11 10:03 AM
Really tried to "like it" but squinting to see the blocks I need to clear doesn't equate to fun for me.. will not purchase this one..

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Jun 25, 11 4:07 AM
yuk

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 2, 11 7:07 PM
I hardly ever slam a game, or give a strongly negative review. This one I MUST though!

I only made it maybe 8-10mins tops, to the 2 bonus round where your supposed to get fire tile UP to the ice tile. WTH?! That was almost impossible!

Then MY EYES!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh the colors are horrible, a few minutes and they are burning, tearing and my vision is blurry. That along with the almost impossible to see blended in tiles of background which as the (annoying too) tutorial showed me to do, I was holding down my Ctrl key every other move to see what needed cleared. NOT FUN!

It also seemed slow, the cursor (never have problems so this is the game not my PC) was slowed down, twas like dragging it through thick mud.

It just stressed me out and there was nothing fun to do, earn etc. The opening story looked cheaply done and saw no more in 3 levels..

Some might like it.. but overall sorry DEVELOPERS, this one is a flop!

I deleted it faster than I could blink! HUGE and ZERO stars!

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 7:08:11 PM PST

Go to: