lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Supermarket Management 2

[Post New]by lisam63 on May 24, 11 12:18 PM
hi fishies

going to dl now .. i loved the SM1 and from what i am reading this is not a disappointment for a sequel ...

great day for me
off work today
rainy
new TM game

all is right with the world

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 24, 11 1:37 PM

Nice game

Played the demo for a short time. This is just like the first game, but with sharper graphics and a few minor changes early in the game. There may be more differences later in the game, too; don't know yet. Basically, if you enjoyed the first game, you'll like this one just as much, if not more. A fun TM game that's worth a purchase.

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 4:51:10 PM PST

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on May 24, 11 2:02 PM
I am also a TM fan:-) but I would like to know if this one is any different than the first Supermarket Management?

[Post New]by minimar_777 on May 24, 11 2:52 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It was fun to play and had very cute graphics. There are several things to do but as another commenter said there are lots of characters in the game that work as your employees to help you out. I've only played the hour long demo but so far it seems as if as soon as you hire an employee the game will add one more activity so it never gets boring and can stay challenging yet entertaining. This is definitely a must for the avid time management fan and I am planning on purchasing it as wel!

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on May 24, 11 3:16 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I have played the first Supermarket Management a few times and liked it alot. This game is on the same quality, maybe even better. I like this game too and its a buy for me

I just tried this one too and I really like it. Cute game and I'm planning to buy it.
Very few TM games these days.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 24, 11 4:23 PM
Yay !! TM game. Love it, the demo went so fast I knew I had to have it. It will be a short game though, getting gold very easy and have finished the 3rd store. Thank goodness for The joy of Farming which will take me a GOOD while to finish!
Love the cute dance at the end. But would like for the stars to add up if I replay because didn't get expert. Have only had to replay 3 times. It is getting harder, so will probably slow down now.
Thanks Big Fish for the TM game.

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 4:24:55 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 24, 11 4:23 PM
from what i have seen, this one very much stands up for the duration - like the first one, there is an assortment of customers [some of whom get "lost" in the store ] and an assortment of products/upgrades... i haven't really seen anything super new, yet, except for the fresh fish so much fun to catch!

i also realised that why i probably like these games is that they are made by the same folks who did the pizza chef games love those!! so i am definitely liking these guys!

the characters who come to shop in the store are the bomb! between 'granny' and the biker dude, the basketball players and 'ms. thang' i have been more than entertained! and i'm only a short ways into the game - can't wait to see who else will come in!

i have one really itching question, though: if i'm fully stocked and the carts are stowed at the end of the round, who comes in at night and messes everything all up?

happy shopping

eng60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by eng60 on May 24, 11 6:34 PM
I did not like Supermarket Mania 1, this one is better. Burt it is very frustrating that you cannot speed up the main character and to finally get stuck on a level replaying it over and over. There should be a way to suceed eventually. I'm stuck on level 4-8 any advice gratefully received.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 25, 11 12:07 AM
eng60 wrote:I did not like Supermarket Mania 1, this one is better. Burt it is very frustrating that you cannot speed up the main character and to finally get stuck on a level replaying it over and over. There should be a way to suceed eventually. I'm stuck on level 4-8 any advice gratefully received.

you have the opportunity to boost her somewhere in the first/second store, i think... and if it's stocking that's giving you trouble - keep clicking on the shelf she is stocking and it will fill up faster... by the time you get her amped and then hit the speed up - sounds like machine guns

as far as making her faster than that... nope, that's it... but the key is too have the other employees in place, let them do their jobs, and try to conserve movement... if you're at one station and right next to you is someone that needs help, do that before walking all the way across the store...

one tip for keeping your store moving is to upgrade your shelving as soon as you can, but ALWAYS get the extra cart... if you have bigger shelves you can go longer between stocks so it's okay that your employee doing that is absolutely slow as dirt... but if you get the bottleneck at the checkout with more people wanting carts than are checking out and leaving them? not a good sign!

and there are upgrades for your people, too... you will be able to upgrade your cart chaser, the meat girl, and the cake lady as well as your stockperson.. so don't despair!

i was able to finish the game tonight... expert on every level... and only wanted to pull my hair out a few times the last level, of course, and then there's the one before it... so not expecting that! and then there were a few hit and miss here and there that i just didn't have my strategy down right or i kept losing orders because i couldn't operate the new cake decorator

loved it and can see myself playing it again and again!

just not tonight

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on May 25, 11 1:08 AM
I was a bit uncertain about this after beginning to demo it. I loved Supermarket Mania 1 & 2, and in some ways I felt this was a slightly poorer cousin.

However, I did purchase it and did manage to get expert at all levels, although I did have to replay a few towards the end - and I do miss it now it's over, so it definitely got me hooked.

What I liked about it:

- the minigames for the cakes, fish and deli section make it more than a repetitive click here, now there, now here, now there; which some TM games are like.

- The characters! They did crease me up!

- the length - not too long nor too short.

- not having thieves. Their complication involves businessmen which I thought was unique.

- being able to turn the music off - it really is that authentic sounding annoying supermarket music. It all needed was a tinny tannoy, and hey presto I'm in Tesco's (US Equiv: Walmart).

Something I would hope to see in SM3, if there ever were one:

- choice of upgrades. Even though I got expert at each level, there was really no choice on what you could upgrade it even recommended (albeit they can't spell it) what you should buy: the only thing you could afford! Supermarket Mania required more strategy in this sense, and I appreciate that.

Otherwise a fun TM game, which is easy to begin with and gets quite challenging towards the end. Just how I like them.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 25, 11 2:32 AM
I agree with most of the comments here, although I knew that I probably wasn't going to buy, so I could have done without the little dance at the end of each level.

I liked being able to hire people (although the stock boy was really slow!). Since I hadn't played the first one, it took me a two levels to figure out how to serve meat and cheese; the fruit and the fish were easier to figure out. I also liked the "sale" rounds, though I got caught once on the limes....

Not the greatest of TM games, but I enjoyed the demo.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on May 25, 11 4:26 AM
This is fun and I'm pretty picky! It changes and the upgrades are good. It actually gets quite fast and frantic towards the end.

I would recommend this one!

Altmoabit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Altmoabit on May 25, 11 7:25 AM
I am a big fan of TM games but when I do not get enough coins/points to upgrade fast enough then all my love for a game will not help. I made easily expert on many levels but I felt that she needed to walk faster so I upgraded her speed but then there was not enough left to keep buying more and more shopping carts so I failed one level 4 times. I do not expect these games to be too easy but I expect them to be leveled out. Not the case with this one. I went with all the recommendations and then it screwed me later for it by sending too many customers out and they all had to wait a long time because I also do not control when the customers are going to the checlout. Graphics are cute and so are the minigames. Music is soso. Like I said, I was totally prepared to buy this one but not if it guides you into a place where you can not even just finish the level. A no go for me.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on May 25, 11 7:47 AM
I didn't care much for the first SuperMarket game after I bought it but after reading all the comments I will DL this version and try it. Thanks to all posters/reviewers. It's feast or fast for us TMers. I"m going to try Hotel Mogul:Las Vegas too. Need to buy one of these so I can qualify for my free game. If I'm lucky I'll like both and can use free game coupon. LOL Obviously I don't buy many. P.S. I prefer TM games in the BAL - Royal Envoy mode and recently have come to appreciate some strategy games I have all the TM games but have trouble finding strategy or even good adventure games. Anyone have any recommendations for me? Would appreciate help;feel free to PM me if you prefer. THANKS ans HAPPY GAMING

Edited on 05/25/2011 at 7:55:36 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on May 25, 11 7:58 AM
I beta tested this game and am happy it finally came to market. This is a buy for me. I loved the 1st SM so was excited when this one popped up.

The characters are interesting and the addition of the trouble maker is new I think. I don't remember her in the 1st game. The lazy business man who leaves his carts is good too. It was more than a year ago that I played the 1st one so my memory of the game is vague especially since I've played other supermarket type games.

The levels are just the right amount of time and not too difficult. I've had to replay several to get gold and have finished 3 stores so far.

Really good game but the key is to hire as many helpers as you can and then speed them up when available.

Have fun fishies - this is a good one!

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on May 25, 11 9:43 AM
Wow, PB2010, I could not agree more with your entire review.

On the one hand, I'm just happy to see a TM game that's not a complete rip-off of another game, so I will likely buy. On the other, this game makes me want to reinstall and play Supermarket Mania 2 as that one's so much better (if I hadn't already played it to death).

(Yes, thieves! Thieves are not fun in real life, nor are they any fun in games. So the lack of them pleases me greatly.)

This is not at all a bad game. Not terrifically engaging, maybe a little retro, but pleasant enough.

And thank you, ember89! I appreciate the info about what's to come up in later rounds. You've definitely swayed me to buy as those were some of my concerns.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 25, 11 11:26 AM
I really enjoyed the first Supermarket Management and this new one doesn't disappoint. I love the additions they made to the game, mini games, characters etc. So far I've completed 3 stores and only had to replay a couple levels once. Looking forward to seeing what is coming up through the rest of the game.

I loved the Pizza Chef's too. Didn't realize it was the same developer, but I always forget who has done what.

[Post New]by filmcrazylady on May 25, 11 11:54 AM
Hi All

I didn't like the first Supermarket Mania much but tried the demo of this as i am an avid TM player. The demo got me from the start, i feel this is much better that the first.

Mini games, nice touch, just when you are feeling in a little bit of a rut doing the same thing they throw you a curve, gets the concentration back up again, especially not mixing up the lime with the apples.

Definately works buying only the recommended items when told, alot of games don't help when you buy the recommended items but this one does.

The customers have been well thought of too, you have to remember the quirks of each type, then when they bring in the upset customers later in the game where you have to go and calm them down is good too.

I bought the game last night, played till about 1am, had to go to bed for work, then on again from about 4pm ish and have just completed all levels on expert, a few i had to try again as i got the strategy right.

My particular method involved getting all the shelves full before too many customers wanted to be served. Then just kept my eyes on the shelves, when a little bare stocked up again (clicking madly to make it go quicker lol) then back to customers again.

The staff are a must as you progress, you can leave them to serve, but i won't give the game away but you definately have to get your strategy right and remember as you will need to use it.

This is one of those elemental time management games, it does exactly what it says on the tin, you definately have to work out how to manage your time to get expert, especially on the later levels.

The cake machine took me a few attempts to get it just right, but once you have it you won't understand why you didn't get it straight away lol.

Not sure what else to say i mean this is only my 2nd post lol, but i'm glad i bought it, now i've got to try Hotel Mogus Las Vegas.

I am so happy we are getting so many TM games, usually it's loads of ****, well done Big Fish, keep em coming.

Hope my comments help others, if not, well i gave it a go lol

[Post New]by filmcrazylady on May 25, 11 11:57 AM
filmcrazylady wrote:Hi All

I didn't like the first Supermarket Mania much but tried the demo of this as i am an avid TM player. The demo got me from the start, i feel this is much better that the first.

Mini games, nice touch, just when you are feeling in a little bit of a rut doing the same thing they throw you a curve, gets the concentration back up again, especially not mixing up the lime with the apples.

Definately works buying only the recommended items when told, alot of games don't help when you buy the recommended items but this one does.

The customers have been well thought of too, you have to remember the quirks of each type, then when they bring in the upset customers later in the game where you have to go and calm them down is good too.

I bought the game last night, played till about 1am, had to go to bed for work, then on again from about 4pm ish and have just completed all levels on expert, a few i had to try again as i got the strategy right.

My particular method involved getting all the shelves full before too many customers wanted to be served. Then just kept my eyes on the shelves, when a little bare stocked up again (clicking madly to make it go quicker lol) then back to customers again.

The staff are a must as you progress, you can leave them to serve, but i won't give the game away but you definately have to get your strategy right and remember as you will need to use it.

This is one of those elemental time management games, it does exactly what it says on the tin, you definately have to work out how to manage your time to get expert, especially on the later levels.

The cake machine took me a few attempts to get it just right, but once you have it you won't understand why you didn't get it straight away lol.

Not sure what else to say i mean this is only my 2nd post lol, but i'm glad i bought it, now i've got to try Hotel Mogus Las Vegas.

I am so happy we are getting so many TM games, usually it's loads of ****, well done Big Fish, keep em coming.

Hope my comments help others, if not, well i gave it a go lol

Should have read Hidden Object games, don't know why it did the stars lol

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 25, 11 12:13 PM

Altmoabit wrote:
I am a big fan of TM games but when I do not get enough coins/points to upgrade fast enough then all my love for a game will not help.

Altmoabit, were you aware of the bonus coins? You may already know this, but you can earn bonus coins by having all of the shelves completely stocked and having all of the shopping carts in place next to the entrance to the store before the shopping day ends.

Stock all of the shelves as soon as the last customer is finished picking up items - you can speed up the shelf stocking process by quickly clicking on the shelf while she's stocking it. Next, go over to the cash register and get ready to push the carts to the front door as soon as the last customer checks out and his/her cart appears next to the register. Also, make sure there are no shopping carts left in the shopping area.

You've now earned a few extra coins for upgrades. Good luck if you decide to give it another try.

Go to: