Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Villa Banana

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on May 30, 11 4:50 PM
completely stuck on level 6!!! it is being the first game that I buy and give up before finishing... Not understand and desperate!! Must be a trick somewhere but not possible for me to find it. If someone can help it would be really nice!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 31, 11 7:25 PM
Hi Cristina, since this is the comments and reviews thread click and drag under where it says "spoilers" to read some general hints. I only played once so can't remember exactly what level 6 looks like. Villa Banana gets *very* hard and there aren't a lot of instructions so hopefully this helps.

*SPOILERS*

--Basic premise: match 3 fruits by moving a piece of fruit over to 2 others like it. Fruit can be moved anywhere on the board in one move as long as there is a clear pathway for the move.

--All the "plates" must be removed on the board to win. In early levels, the plates are silver and require only one match. In higher levels, gold plates requiring two matches over them appear.

--If you don't match 3 with a move, more fruits will appear as small fruits and then grow into big fruits on the next move. In higher levels, black balls will also start appearing if you don't make a match.

--Small fruits and small black balls can be covered with big fruits/balls. The small objects will not grow until the big object is moved or disappears in a match.

--Big objects can be moved across small objects; that is, small objects do not block the pathways for making moves.

--The game will give you a move hint if there is a match on the board and you haven't made any moves for a few seconds. This is VERY helpful.

--Look for diagonal matches. In levels with a lot of black balls on the board, it is critical to match the fruits diagonally.

--Black balls don't match anything. It is best to leave them where they are most of the time and remove them with the bomb or rocket powerups.

--Chained black balls can't be moved. A powerup has to be used to break the chain on them first.

--The rainbow limes match any other fruit.

--The bomb powerup removes all fruit immediately around it when it is moved.

--The rockets fire in the direction they point. Use the squares in the board grid to aim the diagonal rockets.

--The colored diamond in a chain powerup removes all fruit of that color when it is moved and placed next to that color fruit. For instance, a red diamond will clear all red apples and cherries on the board when it is moved next to a red apple or a cherry.

--Make sure there is a fruit or ball on a plate before trying to clear it with a powerup, otherwise the plate will not go away.

*end spoilers*

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 31, 11 7:44 PM
Sorry for double posting...I forgot to add that you want to be patient and persistent while playing. As the difficulty increases, the game will try to mess with you for a while before it starts putting out the powerups.

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Jun 1, 11 4:46 PM
Excellent advises, Synthpopaddict!!!! THANK YOU

Yes, I realized more and more about the need of

SPOILER

not beeing too fast and take enough time for thinking... I am used to another types of M3 games in which the speed counts, and this is just the opposite here!!!

end spoiler

Now in level 12!!!

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 4:47:28 PM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jun 9, 11 10:50 AM
Hi all, My goodness! I have tried and tried with this game and really wanted to get on with it but (having to control myself as I nearly swore!!!!) it is sooooooo frustrating. I can't seem to get past a certain point and each time I think I've got it licked then the (bleep bleep) thing tells me I have to either quit or try again. Well, enough is enough so this time I'm quitting!
I would have loved to have been able to put together a lovely Villa with all that went with it for an idillic location but No More!
Sorry folks, it's a no buy for me as I like to get at least a bit further into the game before I feel defeated (not during the beginning!)
Lots of love anyway, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by tanyamichelle on Aug 12, 11 6:13 AM
Help !! I am stuck on level 24. There are no power ups, bombs or rockets, nothing. I'm sad to say that I wasted my money on this one as I can't move forward.
Unless anyone can tell me how to get past this level. Please!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 12, 11 4:35 PM
Welcome to the pond, tanyamichelle

If you persist on a level long enough you'll start getting powerups on a regular basis. This is oftentimes after the green bonus bar disappears. The trick is to always have a few spaces open for a match and to use the small fruits to plan your next moves. Unfortunately it's not possible to go back to a previously played level and pull it up so I can't offer more detailed advice on navigating the board's shape off the top of my head since it's been a little while since I last played. Villa Banana is seriously hard and not a zen-out type of game but it is possible to get past this level. Hang in there, and good luck!

Go to: