MONSTER QUEST

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:MONSTER QUEST

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Dec 25, 08 10:47 AM
Not sure if this is the reason some are having problems with it saving............When you go back in to play it again you have to check the box beside your profile name. When it changes to blue that means you're playing your saved game.

Struck me as kind of weird having to do that.......

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 25, 08 11:09 AM
I'm liking this game (really liking it)...read that some are having problems. I run Vista and haven't had any problems at all. Graphics are very nice. Items are a bit of a challenge to find which makes it fun. (You have a help button and they give a lot of coaching at first) It is not a timed game and you must read the information 'cause you'll get questions. Give the right answer which they give you and you can continue (not penalized for getting it wrong, but you must answer correctly to proceed.) Took me just a little while to catch on to how things are done in this game. Once I got that, I felt less out of my element. Again, you must read the info....otherwise you won't know what to do. I would recommend this game. It's challenging and not like any of the HO games I've played and I love the fact you goal is to get it right and not hurry along. My time on the demo was running out, so I purchased it and I'm glad I did. (I would probably be considered an Intermediate type player, not an expert like a lot of you)

Bylli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bylli on Dec 25, 08 11:20 AM
I'm in the Lab on the second quest. I can't get the molecules to release on any of the spots to match the cloth. Anyone else having this problem. I did the reconstructure of the paw print fine but the second one is giving me fits.

[Post New]by Prunella205 on Dec 25, 08 11:34 AM
I'm stuck on the fabric puzzle too. No matter what I do nothing happens.

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 4:05:45 PM PST

Bylli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bylli on Dec 25, 08 11:35 AM
guylee1 wrote:Bylil, what did you do to continue after you got the things from the storage closet and outside the circus. I'm stumped!

Lee

You have to use the scissors and the crow bar in the wardrobe area to get a key to the bear cage.

Does this help??

[Post New]by tinahdans on Dec 25, 08 11:37 AM
After downloading and attempting to play, I also received this error message "Access violation 0x09dfe7c0 tried to write to 0x00000000 program terminated".
Have sent a message to Customer Service (no response - probably no one there today). Also tried Google-ing the phrase, as suggested, but no results were found.
Does anyone have "the fix" for this?
Thanks.
TMH

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Dec 25, 08 11:42 AM
I downloaded the demo on Vista with no problems. I didn't notice anything weird about the voices because I tend to just read the dialogue. I had no problems in the 1st quest. Some objects are hard to find, so I use the hint to find them, though I hate to do that. Overall I do enjoy this game.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Dec 25, 08 12:02 PM
Ohhh Bylli you answered me, thank you! Do you remember what you used the sissors on, and the crowbar?

Lee

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 25, 08 12:11 PM
I don't find the "save issue" an issue. It warns you that you might have to replay some items depending on where you are ....that's okay with me so long as I understand the rules.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Dec 25, 08 12:18 PM
guylee1 wrote:Ohhh Bylli you answered me, thank you! Do you remember what you used the sissors on, and the crowbar?

Lee

I PM'd you the answer!

For others please highlight for the spoiler:

The scissors are used on the fabric swatch in the storage scene.

The crowbar in used in the circus scene to open the door to Terry's trailer.

Once you have the key then it is used to open the door to the bear cage in the circus scene.

s_liz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by s_liz on Dec 25, 08 12:48 PM
I am also having trouble connecting the molecules in the fabric swatch lab.
And I've purchased the game, too.
I'm wondering if it's a glitch in the program.
Does customer service respond well to these things?

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 25, 08 1:29 PM
I'm not having any problems with the sound or anything else. It is different from most HO games but I like that.

[Post New]by cricket112 on Dec 25, 08 1:37 PM
guylee1 wrote:Is any one having my problems? On XP I can not play the game it gives me an error message and terminates the program. On VISTA it won't even download!

Lee

I had the same problem it won't start when i hit the play button.....just said the error message and then shut down......

Bylli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bylli on Dec 25, 08 1:53 PM
s_liz wrote:I am also having trouble connecting the molecules in the fabric swatch lab.

I don't know if they do or not. I just know that I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the molecule pieces just stick to my pointer and won't click in place.

I hope they answer soon. Guess I'll go play something else and try again to reinstall later.

PapillonMom
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by PapillonMom on Dec 25, 08 2:26 PM
guylee1 wrote:Is any one having my problems? On XP I can not play the game it gives me an error message and terminates the program. On VISTA it won't even download!

Lee

I am having the same problem

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 25, 08 2:32 PM
I can NOT play the game I keep getting a error message...

That I need some kind of card?? Updated???

My computer plays "ALL" the other games

I have XP - 3 my computer was updated just this last summer. For I had bought all in 2007.

OH WELL, by the messages I have read so far i am NOT missing much.

I guess I can save $$ on this 1

PEN

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 2:33:10 PM PST

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Dec 25, 08 3:20 PM
I finished the game, very very short. I liked the different puzzles but HO were too small to find some even hidden in dark black spaces. This would have been a decent game if they had blended the HO's instead of making them to small and hidden to find and made the game much longer. My opinion is waste of money.

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Dec 25, 08 3:24 PM
Bylli wrote:
s_liz wrote:I am also having trouble connecting the molecules in the fabric swatch lab.

I don't know if they do or not. I just know that I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the molecule pieces just stick to my pointer and won't click in place.

I hope they answer soon. Guess I'll go play something else and try again to reinstall later.

I didn't have a problem once i figured out exactly where i needed to release the molicules, its not on top of a matching color its on the empty places there. One molicule i couldn't pick up, it was frooze, I got out and back in and was able to pick it up. Of course I had to start puzzle over.

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 3:26:31 PM PST

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Dec 25, 08 3:30 PM

It was very difficult to get one of them to "fuse" with the others but it finally worked for me. Take an extra dose of patience and keep trying. I would give you some of mine but that one took all the patience I have for awhile.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 25, 08 3:54 PM
I've had absolutely no issues with this game running XP, SP3. I probably updated my drivers last in Sept or October, so if you haven't since then you might want to.

The game looks to be short, but I've enjoyed it.

Go to: