sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:FINISHED? Tell us about it!

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Jun 4, 11 12:52 PM
If you have never gotten a CE before this is the one to get, I have played this game for hours and it is by far one of the best games I have played and I have played a ton of them. I only bought this because I was able to use game credits, and boy was it worth it.

This is my first CE and the xtra game time alone is worth it. Nothing bad about this game, oh and for those of you having trouble with screen size all I did to resolve this problem was update Nvidia (the june 1 version) and that worked for me.

Happy Gaming, oh yeah plenty long enough (no idea how many hours but 3 days on and off) and the mini games were great, finally not the same boring ones we always get, not to hard nor easy and it was great to see new ones. I wish there had been a place that you could have just done the mini games in the end without having to play the whole game over.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jun 5, 11 9:58 PM
Just finished the game..Thought it was great...Not sure if I liked it as much as the last one..but it was a "true" CE and I'm looking forward to the next Midnight Mysteries...I feel a little stupid ..I didn't realize we were supposed to look for "bones"...LOL..Guess I can try to find them on a re play...Missed lots of clovers too.....

Candy208
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Candy208 on Jun 8, 11 9:04 PM
Can the players that have found all 80 bones please share with us where the last bone was found. With each of their information...the rest of us can at least check those areas again which we might have missed. Thanks.

[Post New]by frustratedathome on Jun 10, 11 11:13 PM
One of the best games I've played so far. I didn't want it to end. I want to know if anyone knows of any other games this much fun cause I want them. I have about 48 games on my computer and this is the best. A big thanks to who ever put this together.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 11, 11 12:05 AM
Hi there frustratedathome,
I don't know what games you have already purchased. but I would recommend the following:
If you haven't already played them, the predecessor to this Midnight Mysteries: Salem Secrets is also great, along with Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles (highly recommend the CE of this game), Dreamland, Crossworlds: The Flying City, Haunted Halls: Greenhills Sanitarium (sequel should be here soon I hope), Tulula Legend of a Volcano (don't let the first 20 minutes throw you off - delightful game - check out the forum), and Deadtime Stories.
Oh, I suppose Phantasmat should also get a mention.
Of course there are many more great games here and others will probably mention them, but these are some of my favourites.
Cheers

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 12:06:44 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 11, 11 12:09 AM
Candy208 wrote:Can the players that have found all 80 bones please share with us where the last bone was found. With each of their information...the rest of us can at least check those areas again which we might have missed. Thanks.

Hi there Candy,
I too am missing 1 bone, but I will find it on the next occasion when I have uncrossed my eyes!!
Cheers

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 12, 11 2:28 PM
Loved the game and it took me at least 4 hours.. I don't play every single time I am on the puter but take my time and enjoy the game. I didn't find the clovers but guess I would have if I used the strategy part but was able to find and do puzzles on my own. I wasn't in a hurry. Think this is one of my favorites in a long long time.. Worth buying the CE and I am selective. :What can I say.. LOVED IT

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 2:30:20 PM PST

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 12, 11 9:55 PM
The best game that I played this year. I was finally able to obtain all the achievements after playing the game three times. It is sure nice to play a game were the achievements actually work. I am still upset by the game titled Hallowed Legends Samhain collector's Edition by Elephant games. I notified Elephant games directly in regards to the fact that the achievements for the game did not work properly. I was also upset with the crafty casket puzzle in the bonus section of the game. Elephant games chose to NOT take corrective action to fix the problems with the game. I therefore refuse to buy any games in the future developed by Elephant games.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 9:57:09 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 13, 11 8:53 PM
Loved this game! Took me about 4-5 hours and about another hour for the bonus, not including Dem Bones and Unlimited HOG scenes! This is one CE that is worth the price for all of the extras!

One thing though, the plot was patently ridiculous, IMHO. I didn't mind the Shakespearean authorship controversy (wrote a paper on it ages ago), but the whole Mephistopheles story line just seemed silly. He was good and scary, I'll give him that! Fortunately, I loved the game play enough to overlook all that with a couple of eye rolls.

Didn't find all of the clovers or ravens - only got 96 clovers and 37 Ravens. ARGH! I didn't have any trouble finding all 80 bones, but have no idea to explain how to find the one others are missing!

Can those of you who have gotten all achievements please explain to me how you cleared the pool table in one shot?! That seems like an impossible feat!

Go to: