donnamil
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden

[Post New]by donnamil on May 28, 11 9:29 AM
Since others asked what CE and SE meant and were so kindly answered. I'll ask a question that has been bothering me:

Can someone explain Hogs,IHogs,Frogs.

I figured out hogs are hidden object games.

IHogs are interactive hogs-which I'm assuming are those games where you have to gather inventory items and double back to figure out where you need to use them.

Frogs?

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 28, 11 9:37 AM
hi donnamil

Fragmented Objects = FROGS
those are games where you have to collect pieces of an item,such as a vase or a crown or a spade that has been broken into bits

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on May 28, 11 12:19 PM
This is a beautiful, engaging game. I demoed it to make sure it worked on my machine. I didn't have to go far, before I knew it was a buy. I am loving every minute I have spent with this game today. I am running it on my Windows 7 laptop. I am not finding it to be running slow at all. Well worth the price--sale or this month's free game.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 28, 11 2:12 PM
The game ran well with no big glitches and had nice graphics. I found the mini-games quite easy, but still enjoyable. Didn't skip any or need the walkthrough. Only used a few hints on the H.O. scenes. ERS has gotten a lot better with the miss-named items, not so many this time and not too terribly off the mark. My only real issue was with of the voice actors. The granny and the witch were quite good, but Isolda, the queen, the king, and the portal fairy were very poor. I always find bad voices really disappointing in an otherwise good game. You could see the ending coming a mile away. No suspense there!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on May 28, 11 3:48 PM
An absolute joy to play .

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on May 28, 11 5:13 PM
Great game, from the opening scenes to the ending. Reviewers have posted multiple positive comments in the CE forum of this game, so nothing new to add. The game ran smoothly, no technical problems, and it stretched to widescreen, which I always appreciate with ERS games. Animal lovers will like this storyline. Great ending. Another winner from ERS game studio.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on May 28, 11 10:59 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The storyline kept me interested and I was amazed when I kept finding room after room. The objects were sometimes very easy to find and other times extremely hard and I could have done with fewer junkpile hidden object scenes but all in all a very good game.

donnamil
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by donnamil on May 29, 11 7:45 AM
Thank you SeaBamboo. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who needed an explanation of the initials.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Are ERS games going downhill?

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 29, 11 11:19 AM
Many posts ago, I predicted that with the release of weekly CE'S, that the quality of ERS games was beginning to go downhill and would continue to do so. There have been several released since I first said that, and they seem to be cutting corners more frequently and producing lower quality games. This is another example of that.

I am REALLY glad I did not buy this as a CE. The game took me less than three hours to complete and that's with taking breaks. And I take my time with games so I am a slower player by choice and yet I still managed to finish in a very short amount of time. Acceptable for the SE release, but not for a CE.

Also, no use for a strategy guide at all so saved money there as well.

As for the actual game-play, I played in expert mode yet felt like I was playing in Casual. I never needed to utilize the hint button, the puzzles were incredibly easy and required next to no thought, and the game was fairly linear for an Adventure Hidden Object game.

The voice acting, overall, is terrible and sounds horribly scripted. The only good voice acting came from the nanny at the very beginning.

Towards the middle to end of the game, they slacked off on recording things in the journal that should have been recorded based on previous journal entries. I, for one, like to read the journals to get my bearings and help spark memory of where I saw what. The journal worked well for the first part of the game and then it was only added to infrequently.

The storyline also had that "been there, done that" feel to it. Just discovered your the princess, must save the kingdom, yada yada. Nothing original there.

The good aspects of the game are fairly crisp graphics (there is no wide-screen correction mode but the screen did not appear stretched), the hidden object scenes are not overly cluttered nor overused, the objects are to scale and the scenes are somewhat interactive. It's also nice not to have to wander around all over the place but rather in sections, without alot of backtracking.

Overall, I'm not that impressed with this latest ERS release and hope they get back to the unique talent I know they possess rather than pumping out games as fast as possible and focusing on quantity as opposed to QUALITY. I used to be a HUGE ERS fan, but as of late, am very disappointed.

Overall, I'm glad I bought this game at this weekend's sale price, and it would not be bad for standard price, but had I bought the CE, I would be asking for a refund. 2.5 out of 5.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on May 29, 11 2:56 PM
Agree with everything already said. This was a lovely game, beautifully presented with some very different mini games which - just for once!! - I didn't have to skip.
Even as a newbie here, I have noticed certain game developers names and practically know in advance before playing the demo that it's going to be a buy.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 30, 11 6:37 AM
[i]nice game , good graphics, good length but a bit too easy

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 30, 11 7:34 AM
This is another good game from ersgames (good game, but not great). With the standard game and the sale its "a buy" for me today

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on May 30, 11 2:01 PM
I played the CE demo, and liked it. But not enough to buy it. I was also concerned that the SE might be buggy, as has been reported with other ERS transitions from CE to SE. But at $4.99, it was worth the risk. Not a glitch. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who likes the ERS-style.

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on May 30, 11 4:12 PM
Boy did this one come out fast (from a CE to an SE)!! This is a pleasant little game. If you want to just sit back and relax a bit then this is the game for you. If you are looking for intense then this is not for you. It is very enjoyable from the graphics through the puzzles. Just kick back and enjoy. , safarinow p.s. the price is right with the holiday price of only $4.99

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 30, 11 9:32 PM
safarinow wrote:Boy did this one come out fast (from a CE to an SE)!! This is a pleasant little game. If you want to just sit back and relax a bit then this is the game for you. If you are looking for intense then this is not for you. It is very enjoyable from the graphics through the puzzles. Just kick back and enjoy. , safarinow p.s. the price is right with the holiday price of only $4.99

Actually, the CE release was April 21st I believe so a month and a week roughly. Not that fast IMHO.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on May 31, 11 7:46 AM
This is a great game. Beautiful graphics, long long play. I definitely recommend it. More like this one, please.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on May 31, 11 8:29 AM
I just finished this game. I found the scenes very clear and the music was the best I have heard in a game. Like someone else mentioned, I found the H0 scenes quite cluttered and had a hard time finding some things. I found the mini games a little too easy. I am glad I waited for the SE.

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on May 31, 11 4:42 PM
I just finished this game and would highly recommend it. I really liked the story, the different scenes and the **** minigames. This was challenging but not to the point that it causes frustrations. If you are looking for a game that entertains this is the one for you.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 1, 11 1:17 AM
I couldn't wait to get the SE of this game & I just should have known better. Its a pretty game. The graphics are nice, the voiceovers are nice, the hidden object scenes are nice, the puzzles were nice, the storyline was nice but I swear with all ERS games, its the same thing over and over and over and over again. They are recycled games to make money. I keep saying "ok, im not going to buy anymore" and then I keep demoing them thinking "okay well its kind of different..." until I get past the demo time and its the same thing over n over n over n over again. Im bored with ERS games. Its the same music, graphics, puzzles, themes. I feel like I am walking through the same houses, riding in the same boats, picking up the same items. They are always 8 chapters, they always play about 3-4 hours for me n by the end im so bored I am falling asleep. I am done with ERS games. There is nothing original about them anymore. Its a waste of my money even with the $4.99 sale price but on that note Im now sleepy enough to go to bed happy gaming.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jun 2, 11 4:14 AM
Thankyou BFG for this lovely game. I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout. It has a good storyline, no dripping body parts and is long enough to be interesting but not boring. THANKYOU x5

Go to: