Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden technical issues here only

[Post New]by Strixi on Jun 11, 11 2:38 PM
This was the last ERS game I'll ever get. It was a little bit choppy last night, and now it is giving me the ol' "phantom game" phenomenon, where you click to open, nothing happens, you click again, and it says another game is running. I have all the right drivers, I even cleaned my registry, and forget it. I'm done. No more ERS games for me.

Frustration

[Post New]by racs12181 on Jun 12, 11 3:29 PM
I've gotten tons of games from BF, and this is the only one that has run so impossibly slow. It ran fine when I played free for the hour, and as soon as I got the whole download, it started moving at a snails pace. I have plenty of memory, and tried everything the help section suggested (updating video card drivers, uninstalling then reinstalling, etc.) but finally had to give up and uninstall. If, and hopefully, when this is fixed, I'd love to reinstall and play since it seems like a great game, but till then....grrr...But how will we know when the problem has been fixed?

niteplayer
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by niteplayer on Jun 13, 11 10:50 PM
i am also having the same problem. Game goes sooooooooooooooooo slowly that the little patience I have is running very thin.

Hopefully someone from EARS will read this post and find a cure for it.
It is only this game that does it.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jun 18, 11 7:57 AM
also runs really slow from one scene to the next for me-too bad, it looks like a game I would buy-also tried the coll. ed same thing!!!oh well, another one bites the dust!!!!

cyndyk2
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cyndyk2 on Jul 15, 11 1:46 PM
I had to stop playing a little more than halfway through the game, as it was nearly 3 AM; when I tried to reopen it later, nothing. Just frozen solid. And of course I had already bought it and wasted a game credit! This isn't the first time that''s happened to me, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm getting really ticked off, Big Fish. If you want to keep your customers, you should put out products that will work consistently!

[Post New]by augrah on Jul 19, 11 3:32 PM
Lab table, issue with Mortar & Pestle. I can pick up the Pestle, but cannot get it to crush the eggshells, no matter where I drop it on the Mortar. The green marble of each Mortar and Pestle will bleed into each other so I'm thinking this is a glitch. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by augrah on Jul 19, 11 3:36 PM
OK; it is glitchy but I got it to work.

[Post New]by stampincamper on Aug 19, 11 12:07 PM
I was playing the game and for me it was not slow! But right after I got the toy fish and bell from the fountain and tried to go down to put the bell in the appropriate place the game shut down and took me to an area that said "Problem with details & System Configuration. I went to the places suggested earlier in this forum line and downloaded all the upgrades to my MAC. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It still goes to the same place. It says it will report in to Apple automatically but I don't know if I just wasted my game credit and I'll never get to finish the game. Anyone have any ideas about what I should do?

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 3:32:27 PM PST

[Post New]by NonBelvr on Sep 7, 11 8:22 PM
I downloaded the trial version. The Game Manager closed and when I reopened it a minute later, it said my trial had expired for this game. ???????????????????
I have not been able to play a single second of this game to try it out. HELP!!!

Aliea
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Aliea on Sep 25, 11 5:50 PM
My problem is that the game keeps shutting down. I will play for a little bit then it just shuts down. It is getting really frusting, which sucks because it is such a good game. Please help!!

chreil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by chreil on Oct 29, 11 8:18 AM
I can't even start playing the game, well I can, but if I don't mind having the top 1/3 of the screen flickering and having black stripes. I already downloaded 4 times and still the same problem. It works fine on my husband's computer but not on mine. All other games work perfectly.
I have already sent an email to BF customer services but had no reply yet.
Can someone help me with this problem?
Thanks

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 8:21:27 AM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Feb 1, 12 5:42 AM
Was there any point in this tech thread? Did anyone get their problem resolved? Did anyone get any reply from anyone? Surely when there is a collective issue then BF should contact the devs and get a fix.

welshway5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by welshway5 on Apr 24, 12 11:44 PM
The game was fine until I passed into the castle through the portal with the captured maiden. I couldn't get too far into the castle and was stuck in some sort of courtyard, with a little hut that wouldn't let me in and various other tasks for which I lacked the tools. The magic portal has closed, and the beach and main castle entrance keep saying there's nothing left to do. I'm stuck. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 25, 12 2:56 AM
Hi welshway5,

Sounds like this might be a game play related issue, rather than a technical one. Have you tried the walkthrough? It should be able to help you further.

You can find a link to it stickied at the top of this game's Forum here.

bfgRhone

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 25, 12 7:52 AM
Just an update on this game...both CE and SE...although did not post in CE..why?...well its seems gone by the way side of any fix? ... it is early summer now and nothing...why am I posting now? ... Well being 'excited' over the last CE SALE...AND...having just finished the 'Song of the Phoenix'...I like a real trusting 'idiot' did not follow my inner instinct to check first in the actual 'game forum' on 'tech' issues! ... that is usual a priority to check first!...but...being this game came out last year thought something may have been done....SO...I purchased the CE! ... WHAT A ERROR IN MY JUDGEMENT!...my DGD also played "Song of Phoenix" as I recommended it and she wanted another similar to this game...OH! NO PROBLEM, I have purchased "Amber Maiden"...Well installed and after 3 or 4x download and game shut off computer...Well we were completely ... and...to say the least
Prior to all this and in between have done all the updates, contact C/S, drfelix run, etc...but I guess will ask for a refund! ... so so sad as this was 'slow' at demo time and probably why I did not buy then?...absolutely ERS games! ...Just wanted to 'vent' as was looking forward to playing this game
... Lets

[Post New]by kimbomarie on Dec 31, 12 8:48 AM
Whenever I put my cursor over the inventory box to open it and select something, it pauses the game instead. I am generally unable to play this game as a result. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it twice. Please fix or give me my credit back so I can play something that works.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 31, 12 2:32 PM
Hi kimbomarie and welcome to the Forums.

From what you describe, it seems like this is a kind of game freeze. With that sort of issue, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display aspects of the game. You can read about how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and thing are still not working right when you access the Inventory, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly to get everything straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Jan 10, 13 4:15 PM
I'm wondering if kimbomarie's problem is similar to the one I'm having....I can play this game just fine, but if my cursor goes to inventory box or just down towards the bottom the main menu pops up and I have to click continue. This happens so often that it really interrupts game play and makes me not want to continue. Is there any idea why this happens? Is it only Mac?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jan 21, 13 12:33 PM
I had deleted the game some time ago. Today, I re-downloaded it, deleted the old and started with new profile.

Well, I got through the game, but it took five PC reboots to do it. It wasn't sluggish like Phoenix except just before the freezes. I got an access violation message first; the rest of the time the game just froze, requiring the famous ctrl-alt-del reboot.

Before the re-download: I'd just updated everything (actually, only one thing needed it) after I sent Dr. Felix reports to BFG Tech Support concerning a different game. Knowing the system was up to snuff, I thought I'd try this game again. Hah.

In olden days, slowing-to-freezing problems were usually caused by memory leaks, which were caused by bad coding that, as it was repeated in the game, had a cumulative effect. I know code gets reused within and across games so it doesn't surprise me more than one ERS game has the problem. Perhaps the developers might look at the reused code for the next game and see if somebody forgot to release some memory? Maybe taking note of where people are experiencing the problems might help pinpoint the area/object to investigate. Or....not - I don't know!

[Post New]by fallenangel999 on Sep 28, 13 12:12 PM
I am total novice at computers but even the whizz kid I use to help me, cannot get Amber Maiden to load on Windows 8 at all. I bought it from Game with 3 other discs for the laptop. All others loaded fine. With this game I get to the "next" after agreeing terms and conditions and the thing just stares at me and states "not responding"
Getting really pee'd off with it.
Someone please help!?

Go to: