maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Inn: Driftwood technical issues here only

[Post New]by maziemom on May 29, 11 7:52 PM
The issue with not being able to progress further after the "jade room" and upgrades appears to have been corrected. I signed in as a new user and almost immediately started seeing rooms I hadn't been in before, and am now almost all the way through the game with no further problems.

Thanks to the tech team! I'm really enjoying this game.

[Post New]by allison_fite on May 29, 11 8:04 PM
I am having issues in cupid's room. I know where the stuff is supposed to go (I even used hints to make sure), but the game won't let the items be placed.

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on May 29, 11 9:59 PM
I'm having the same key problem, on the board without enough money to go on, so I'm going to wait until we are notified that there is an update to this game. I bought it and then had this problem, so will wait, but not happy about the glitch. I also had a glitch during the demo, but when I went back in, it was fine, until the jade room. What's going on????

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 10:00:00 PM PST

[Post New]by moonsong42 on May 29, 11 10:09 PM
I'm having similar issues to SairBelle in the Cupid room. When I click on the last item to collect in the room (whatever that might be) the game crashes out to the game manager, so I have to start over. I entered and completed other rooms, but the Cupid room did not allow me to finish twice.

[Post New]by PegasusD on May 29, 11 10:25 PM
Having same problem after collecting all Jade items. Also crashed out twice.

[Post New]by zaraustra on May 30, 11 5:24 AM
I am having the same problem with the keys and the rooms and everything, I don t even want my money back because I am going to give up my membership, BF games are of poor quality, all same and I have had problems with all of them. Truthfully I was given a free coupon each time I couldn't make a game work, but this is not the point, I am looking for quality and fun and all these spooky games are no longer fun, I am now waiting for somebody to fix this glitch and then I will buy what I like somewhere else,

[Post New]by KNITWITCH on May 30, 11 6:40 AM
I can't even sign in. Won't let me enter my name.

wiwalleye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wiwalleye on May 30, 11 7:10 AM
Most games from Big Fish have never been a problem for me. But this one was. Did the trial and then purchased after buying I got kicked out several times and then the last time I restarted the game it froze with a blank screen when opening and I couldn't get back out. Had to unplug to get out of the game and then a system restore after that because of some issues this game caused to other programs. It is now unistalled. I will still stay a member of Big Fish for now as I said I really haven't had but a few problems with there games.

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on May 30, 11 9:03 AM
BigTfromAV wrote:Just finished finding all the jade in the asian room and making an upgrade and now it takes me to the board with the room keys yet there's no option to click on anything. I don't have enough money to upgrade anything and it won't let me go into any of the rooms. Frustrating.
Having the very same problem!!!!! FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!! And I bought this!!!!!!!!!! Problem didn't come up till after trial was over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BF use your spray and debug this PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Ww2011 on May 30, 11 9:46 AM
Played the Demo and all worked fine... and purchased the full version.. now having problems in completing quests.. the "Princess Pink" room will start to load then takes me back to the game manager... also when I go to complete the "Cupid Suite" it will not apply the objects, they just pop back into the bar below.
Going to delete my former profile and try again...
Will reply back as soon as that is done.

UPDATE
I went back in and deleted my old profile from the Beta, and was able to play for over a couple hours.. I recommend others to do the same.. especially if you are trying to play with the same profile as the Beta edition...

UPDATE 2:
Finished the whole game without any more issues... seems like my previous comment about deleting the Beta Profile was the fix needed... please read through all of this before posting negative comments.. it was quite enjoyable..

Edited on 05/30/2011 at 3:10:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Ww2011 on May 30, 11 3:12 PM
LOLOVESHOG wrote:
BigTfromAV wrote:Just finished finding all the jade in the asian room and making an upgrade and now it takes me to the board with the room keys yet there's no option to click on anything. I don't have enough money to upgrade anything and it won't let me go into any of the rooms. Frustrating.
Having the very same problem!!!!! FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!! And I bought this!!!!!!!!!! Problem didn't come up till after trial was over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BF use your spray and debug this PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delete previous profile... then it will work

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on May 30, 11 3:43 PM
I put in a new profile, then went in and only crashed once, went back in continued and stayed away from the oriental room, did the Jade last. I didn't buy anything until I completed the game, then fixed up the in. I just ignored the request to see the outside of the inn. After you get all done it says you will meet at a Tuscany Inn, hope they fix all of the problems so you don't have to figure out how to get through the game. You can go back into all of the rooms and play them over and over, I'm going to try it with my grandson and see if he likes it. Not a bad game, bright, good color and fun to play. I turned off the voice and had fun with it today. I did go in to CS and ask that they fix the game and repair any left over glitches.

It can be played, but needs some finessing, I liked being able to see everything and not have it so dark.

[Post New]by dlmartin53 on May 30, 11 3:52 PM

Same thing as BigT...just bought it and now wishing I hadn't ,,,stuck at board for keys to continue but no keys..takes me back outside when I click on the Inn button but no coins so that;' useless...ready for a game credit of same price to get game that will let you play,,,,not a happy inn keeper

Blackstaff
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Blackstaff on May 30, 11 7:52 PM
Major issues with freezing and crashing. I did the usual tech checks - no joy, still froze/crashed - ctrl/alt/dlt to the enth degree,

Then I decided to do the only other thing that I know how to do to 'help' and changed my screen resolution; I normally have it at its highest setting, so I knocked it down a few notches and - hey presto - the game worked just fine after that.

[Post New]by DreamyRiver on May 31, 11 1:01 AM
dlmartin53 wrote:

Same thing as BigT...just bought it and now wishing I hadn't ,,,stuck at board for keys to continue but no keys..takes me back outside when I click on the Inn button but no coins so that;' useless...ready for a game credit of same price to get game that will let you play,,,,not a happy inn keeper

I had this. Created a new profile (didn't delete the old one) as a precursor to re-installing.

This time, after the very first room I was able to enter the ship-shape room - first time round I hadn't found all the items for it. I was then given the instructions for the use of the party popper (didn't get that first time round) and also how to 'place the items in the room' - didn't get that first time round either.

Looks like a bug from the very start - so if you don't get the ship shape room after the first room search, don't bother carrying on, you'll just get stuck after the jade room.

[Post New]by pawestiegirl on May 31, 11 7:04 AM
I'm also having the same problem as Big T. Got all the jade in the Asian room and now there is nothing I can do. So, where are the solutions to these problems?

[Post New]by petergee on May 31, 11 8:58 AM

Exactly the same thing just happened to me too!!

Where's the fix, then?????

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on May 31, 11 1:07 PM
Runs slow at times, jerky cursor, sometimes freezes...I could live with all that, but now it crashes every time I have three objects left to find in the pink room. I'm going to try reinstalling and see if that works. Really hope so, 'cause I do like this game; it reminds me of Gardenscapes. It's gotta be the game; I don't normally have issues with games from BFG.

[Post New]by up2msjif on May 31, 11 2:16 PM
I am also going thru the same situation . Hey Tech Support HELP PLEASE !!
]Just finished finding all the jade in the asian room and making an upgrade and now it takes me to the board with the room keys yet there's no option to click on anything. I don't have enough money to upgrade anything and it won't let me go into any of the rooms. I also added the sign,

[Post New]by Needletime2 on May 31, 11 4:11 PM
Looked like a really cute game. Went out of it............went back later, it did not save.
Then it shut down on it's own, went in again and again it did not save...........pity.
This is supposed to be fun!!!!

Go to: