Re:Welcome to Monster Quest forum

[Post New]by suzi_13 on Jan 13, 09 1:17 PM
berejeaa51 wrote:can not even play the game as I get need to update driver then gives me WGL_ARB_pbuffer open GL extenstion. what the heck does that mean I want to play but it just wont let me and my computer does not even acknowledge the wgl thing a ma jig hopefully Big Fish will refund me a credit for the purchase of this game seeing i cant play it

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jan 13, 09 4:49 PM
Ha Judimose.

I did not get stuck assembling the dive suit, but I did when trying to assemble the foot print. When I tried to move a couple of pieces nothing happened. They were just stuck. I exited out and when back in. I had to start the assembling over, but I was then able to assemble all the pieces.

Perhaps there is a problem with the program. Hopefully the developer will read our notes and catch it.

Other then this problem so far, I like the game. While the HO are difficult to find, it's generous with the hints. What a really like about this game is that it lets you do some detecting because you have to read the information provided, remember it and then answer the short quiz afterwards.

Hopefully, this tip helps.

[Post New]by sandylee63 on Jan 16, 09 5:09 PM
april445 wrote:Go back to the map and talk to the old seaman

I am having same problem. Can someone help? Can't move past the open tool box and list.

[Post New]by notcouchpotato on Jan 26, 09 1:52 PM
Monster Quest is lame. Premise is good, execution is poor. I do not have time to sit through unknown numbers of levels to reach a save point and then have to replay all the levels I have already solved if I don't get to the save point before something requires my attention away from the computer. I certainly won't be paying Big Fish for the privilege of tedious repetition. Not nearly enough objects to look for per page. If I wanted puzzles I wouldn't be looking for hidden object games.

[Post New]by Angeez on Jan 26, 09 7:25 PM
I am BUMMED! I downloaded this game and I too get the ERROR message!
I updated my directx & video cards are good. This sucks! I was so looking forward to playing this game! We watch MonsterQuest all the time! Pleaze fix the download; whoever you are? Pleaze! Ok, done whining-time to eat cheeze! Happy playing to those that have downloads that work

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Jan 26, 09 10:22 PM
Angeez wrote: I am BUMMED! I downloaded this game and I too get the ERROR message!
I updated my directx & video cards are good. This sucks! I was so looking forward to playing this game! We watch MonsterQuest all the time! Pleaze fix the download; whoever you are? Pleaze! Ok, done whining-time to eat cheeze! Happy playing to those that have downloads that work

Did you ever get this problem resolved?? I've had the same thing on 2 other BF HOG. Maddening. I did all the updates, etc that are recommened by the help pages, nothing. I absolutely know that my card is updated!!

Edited on 01/26/2009 at 10:24:48 PM PST

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 26, 09 8:45 AM
This was a great game loved it 5

rscb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rscb on Mar 20, 09 9:46 PM
bonniesgrandma wrote:I cant get past the first bit.
I found all the objects and opened to tool box with the list of names, then nothing!!!
What do I do now?

Have you gone back to the "map" and talk to the diver?
That should advance the game.

suesue2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suesue2 on Jun 2, 09 3:56 AM
Can anyone help me with the puzzle where you are supposed to take samples from the 2 pieces of material in the werewolf quest - I can't figure out if you are supposed to match the little DNA looking things in the top sample or try to match them to the sample that is already filled in. I am really stuck and can't go any farther unless I can solve this part. I was just beginning to enjoy the game when I got stuck . Any advise will be appreciated.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 15, 10 2:59 AM
I honestly thought I was the only one that was having issues with this game. First of all, the graphics were great and some of the objects weren't to difficult to find. I also got stuck a few times with this game as well . I would try to pick a certain item and I could not pick it up. I uninstalled and re-insalled and tried again and no luck. I really didn't care too much for the game, so it isn't a big deal. Happy Gaming!!

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on May 15, 10 4:04 AM
This game had a great premise, but IMO is poorly made. The HOG scenes are out of focus and contain such a jumble of junk that it's nearly impossible to distinguish one thing from another. Many items are either microscopic in size or are hidden behind other things with only an unidentifiable fraction peeking out. The controls for the jigsaw puzzles were clumsy and it was a challenge just to manipulate the pieces into place. A real loser as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.

[Post New]by gamerkitty on May 15, 10 5:13 AM
For those of you who have posted recently, this game is a few years old...so don't expect too much? They've come a long way since then, and we're kind of spoiled as to IHOGs and HOGs

[Post New]by gizmospooky on May 15, 10 6:04 AM
Didn't care for the game at all, just got to the first **** scenes, what a mess; hard to see any detail at all. If the first ones are this jumbled up I can't imagine the rest. Not even worth a daily deal buy.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 15, 10 6:41 AM
I keep hoping for a DD HOG to help my punch card.
Sorry, this isn't it.

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on May 15, 10 6:41 AM
I was going to buy this game but after reading all the comments of technical problems, I decided not to.
I already have purchased games that I have payed for and had to ask for refund which I received without a problem. For me to go through all the trouble asking for a refund is not worth it. When I purchase a game I would like to play and not have trouble with it. Thanks for the forums they are great .
Take Care

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on May 15, 10 8:02 AM
I also have an error message, I don't understand why cause I have all the newest video cards possible, and when I try to download, it start with run, then it turns to french executer. it never did that in the past. I even downloaded a game in english and the game played in french, I didn't mind cause I am french, but I prefer to play in english. since it was a good hidden object game and they are rare to find at 2.99 I was very dissapointed. I hope there will be more before the end of the month so I can fill my punchcard

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 15, 10 12:26 PM
I guess I am in the minority here, but I thought this was great little game! I had absolutely no technical problems with the game. All the scenes were crystal clear for me. I lot of the items are small, but if you take a little time to really look at the scenes, you can find them. If you don't feel like taking any time to search, there is a hint button which replenishes very, very quickly. There was only one time that I truly vouldn't figure out what to do and that was with the crowbar. However, a quick look here at the forum and I was on my way.

I took the time to actually read everything on the pages and the game became even more interesting. I love games where I can learn something as well. I stopped my demo early so I could enjoy the whole game later on, but this is a definite purchase for me, especially at $2.99.

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on May 15, 10 2:33 PM
misty5 wrote:This game had a great premise, but IMO is poorly made. The HOG scenes are out of focus and contain such a jumble of junk that it's nearly impossible to distinguish one thing from another. Many items are either microscopic in size or are hidden behind other things with only an unidentifiable fraction peeking out. The controls for the jigsaw puzzles were clumsy and it was a challenge just to manipulate the pieces into place. A real loser as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.

Thanks, misty5! I try very hard to find meaningful reviews of games and yours addresses all the issues that turn me off when contemplating buying a game. It saves me from d/ling and trying myself. The concept intrigued me but I don't need to be frustrated or start using hints just to get through a game. I'll be looking for your insightful reviews on other games.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on May 15, 10 6:23 PM
It worked perfectly for me (Windows XP NIVIDA GeForce 8600M GT) but I bought my laptop with what I knew to be a perfect gaming video card and specs from dell. It was not cheap, so took my a few years to get it.. I think a lot of people have problems because for the past several years many top pc/laptop makers sold popular models that came with poor video cards. For example; ATI Radeon cards often are not game friendly Also PC maintainers can be an issue, corrupted files, registry errors etc. I use a group of software (free) that safely maintains all those areas, because no one should tinker with their registry or pc files unless you really know what your doing. PM me if you want to know name of software.

Now.. the game.. I like it. You have to like reading, the voices just sound like they were recorded in an empty room..you'd think the history channel would have a sound booth LOL!! But I like the guys voice and I can hear it just fine. Its different than most HOGs, you have to use your "Little Gray Cells" on it. Older game, but I like the classics sometimes. Its a educational game.. which should make some people happy that are tired of the more "dark" games. For a DD its a nice fill for my punch card..and I'm just happy to see a HOG on the DD!!!

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 6:24:44 PM PST

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on May 15, 10 8:06 PM
I'm glad that I waited for this game to come in at the $2.99 cost. My reason is the same mentioned by Notcouchpotato - I don't always have either the time or inclination to sit for long periods of time to play a game. When I do have a little time, it's nice to be able to open a game, play a few levels and then exit. Having to play through to one of the "allowed" exit points is very frustrating since it has meant replaying some levels many times. If I ever do make it through the entire game, there sure isn't going to be any reason for me to replay it since I've already done that

Go to: