NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for LandGrabbers

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Jun 1, 11 11:14 PM
I like strategy but this games was a little too boring and the same each level that I played so stopped after about 6 levels and deleted. Shame as could have been so much better, definitely not worth the $6.99

Would give it a 2 out of 5 but did not play the whole game so it could be better than that

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 1, 11 11:17 PM
let me just say: craziness!

wow! what a game... i found myself actually fussing at the other colors to "get off my land!" and telling them "no, it's mine!" really brings out the competitor in me, that's for sure

aside from that, it's fun, colorful, and not exactly like anything else i've played before... you not only have to watch how many forces you send out, but how many you leave in the buildings that don't have the auto-replenish capability and how quickly you upgrade your other buildings because each build costs you half the current capacity... so if you have a building that houses 30 and you send 15 off to battle but you then hit the upgrade - your building population goes to zero! and you have to watch out for those sneaky guys in blue and yellow - they're always trying to steal your property!

had no tech issues, but there is an option to disengage the custom cursor or run it windowed... the graphics and music are good... the game play is fantastic once you kinda get the hang of it... an unsuspected success in my book!

have fun storming the castle!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 1, 11 11:23 PM
Minxiepieces wrote:I don't get it either. Strategy games are fun, but this one bogs down. The watchtower should be a good resource, but it won't let me upgrade more than once. This makes it a nice defense if the other grabbers attack your territory, but useless offensively. So we just fight over and over again over a couple of houses. Hope that someone gets this and posts tips. Thanks!

the watchtower is one of the few buildings that doesn't auto-replenish... so if you upgrade at pop.20, you graduate to having a capacity of 30, but spend 10 people to do it... since your pop. is now only 10 and you need half the capacity to upgrade, you need to send folks to the tower by choosing the houses to send them from and then double-click the tower to send them out... then once you pass a pop. of 15, you can upgrade again, but those 15 are gone, so you will need to send more troops...

another thing... if you don't have enough people at the tower it can be taken rather easily by the opposing force... had my armory seized that way - i was not happy

good luck

nana4ever5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nana4ever5 on Jun 2, 11 9:36 AM
Really like the game but I spent the 1st 15 mins getting to level 8 and the rest ot the trial on level 8. It is fun till then but i won't be buying it. It's a shame cause I was going to buy it.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 2, 11 11:23 AM

nana4ever5 wrote:
Really like the game but I spent the 1st 15 mins getting to level 8 and the rest ot the trial on level 8. It is fun till then but i won't be buying it. It's a shame cause I was going to buy it.

Why you not buy? Huh? huh? It good game?

[Post New]by bethnyy on Jun 2, 11 11:37 AM
I adore this game! I like it as much, or more, than My Kingdom for a Princess and the other games mentioned above.

If you are having trouble, try a different *strategy* <smile> -- it matters which building you upgrade, which building you attack, how many people you have when you click on upgrade. It's all strategy -- and the game is visually adorable too.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 2, 11 12:06 PM

Anyone care for a cup of tea before we go into battle?

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Jun 2, 11 4:14 PM
I'm with Tuff. Same kind of mindset that like the MKFTP etc will likely like this.

That said, levels 1-8 were trivial and 9 stumped me until I ran out of demo time so I'm not sure whether to buy.

[Post New]by Danegar on Jun 2, 11 4:40 PM
I agree with those of you who said it got too hard too fast. I really liked it and was going to buy it and then I got to level 8. The enemy had a stable, blacksmith, castle, and tower nearby in addition to three normal nodes. I had 4 normal nodes and a tower. It got very frustrating trying to beat an enemy with such an overadvantage.

Its a shame. It could really be a great game.

lemur998
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lemur998 on Jun 2, 11 4:58 PM
I am very good at strategy games, but I could not get past level four on this one. I would take a house and the enemy would take it back- over and over with no end in sight. I tried all different kinds of strategies and combinations of strategies, but never made any progress. And there were constant control issues. Several times I would have houses selected and clicking on an enemy house would cause nothing to happen. When timing is so important and you are relying on backup troops, the clicking has to work every time and it doesn't. Other times, troops would be sent from houses that I did not want to include in attacks. Houses deselect once you've attacked and houses that you've just sent reinforcements to should also deselect to my way of thinking. I'm not sure if they are supposed to and this is a glitch or if I'm supposed to deselect them myself. (Although I'm not sure if you can deselect. There's not much in the way of instructions.) Often I would start a new attack and the reinforced house would send troops too when it couldn't afford to. These two issues contributed to my not being able to get past level four. Very frustrating.

Later on, I tried again and finally got through level four. This is a strategy game in the beginning of each board, but to win a level, it's not so much strategy as it is clicking madly on your houses and then theirs as fast as you can. The beginning of the boards are fun, but once it devolves into frenzied clicking it loses the appeal of a strategy game.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 6:58:31 PM PST

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Jun 3, 11 4:52 AM
I agree with people who think the game got too hard at level 8. I have tried about 10 times to get through it and have not even gotten half of the board. I start making progress and then just loose everything. The other army has too much of an advantage. I bought it, now I am sorry. Hope the developers will update the game!!!

[Post New]by jds4bast on Jun 3, 11 9:24 AM
I love this game but, like many of you, had trouble getting the hang of it at first. Once I understood how the game worked (upgrade a building to at least 30 or 40 before trying to start taking over other buildings - don't try to take over other color buildings until you have at least 3 red 40/50 buildings - whenever you take over a new building, send bunches of troops to it so you can upgrade quicker), I really became addicted to the game play. I also like the graphics and the cheering. If you like Monster Mash or Master of Defence, you might want to give this game a try since it has aspects of both of these games, and if you like strategy games like this one and haven't tried MM or MofD, then give yourself a treat and check them out. They are both older games (graphics on MofD are particularly old-school) but tons of fun for the true strategy addict. I'm about half way through with LG and look forward to going back when I'm done to break each Master record (I've only been able to get stars on about a third of the levels). Good luck and I hope more people end up liking this game because I would like to see more like it.

rjoconnor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by rjoconnor on Jun 3, 11 12:21 PM
I don't really like this game - it is either too fast that you complete due to quick clicking instead of strategy and then it just gets to confusing - can't seem to overrun enough!!!

[Post New]by deborahallen on Jun 3, 11 1:29 PM
Repetitive, difficult past level 6, and really not worth the price even on BFG unless you have a small child you want to keep entertained since they can click and attack over and over for hours on a level. Was hoping more for something along the lines of Warcraft meets Save the Princess.

[Post New]by bpeters0210 on Jun 3, 11 7:25 PM
ember89 wrote:let me just say: craziness!

wow! what a game... i found myself actually fussing at the other colors to "get off my land!" and telling them "no, it's mine!" really brings out the competitor in me, that's for sure

... you not only have to watch how many forces you send out, but how many you leave in the buildings that don't have the auto-replenish capability and how quickly you upgrade your other buildings because each build costs you half the current capacity... so if you have a building that houses 30 and you send 15 off to battle but you then hit the upgrade - your building population goes to zero! and you have to watch out for those sneaky guys in blue and yellow - they're always trying to steal your property!

have fun storming the castle!

Craziness is right!!! My issue is when I go to update my building from 40 to 50, it takes all of my men! Then, I get attacked and have no defense!!! GRRRRR!!!! This will be a no buy for me, even though I could get it for free!

lemur998
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lemur998 on Jun 3, 11 9:51 PM
Second thoughts about this game.

After giving it a bad review yesterday, I still couldn't stop thinking about it. The gameplay is so original and the beginning of each board was so fun, that I kept wanting to play it after my trial was up. Since I had a free game coming, I decided to buy it. I am very glad I did! Once I finally got the hang of it, I couldn't stop playing!

You have to be willing to play fast as the game gets very hectic during each board. My first review complained that the game involved frenzied clicking and not much strategy. It does need frantic clicking a lot of the time, but you have to have a strategy too. I don't usually care for games that require clicking like crazy, but now that I understand the strategy better, I'm really enjoying this game. Unfortunately, I'm still encountering both clicking problems that I wrote about in my first review, but they're not as frequent. It isn't keeping me from having fun.

The one thing I find a little strange is the expert times. I just finished the third Iceburg level and I've found that most of the time I either beat the expert time by a lot or I come nowhere near to beating it. That's a weird pattern.

Anyway, I needed more than the hour trial to fully appreciate this game. If you like the game play at all and don't mind having to play fast, it might be worth the gamble of buying it for you too.

Pixie222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie222 on Jun 4, 11 2:27 AM
This game is great! once I got he hang of it! I've finished all levels at the first difficulty stage mostly beating the master time. There's now another 2 difficulty levels to play.
The key is to protect the buildings that the enemy can attack and use your safe buildings to attack them. You can also replenish buildings from other buildings just like the watchtower. This is useful when you've just upgraded a new building or one's under attack. If you attack them with as many troops as possible you can quickly upgrade your new building and make it as safe as possible. There are also some really cool artifacts in the later levels which if timed right are fantastic.

kilbride
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kilbride on Jun 4, 11 11:06 PM
i am enjoying the game if you like this try king mania

wtf

[Post New]by krakas on Jun 5, 11 9:25 AM
I really don't get some of you guys in the first page! This game is so easy...
I played through the desert with no effort and without loosing once!
It does get boring after some time though

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jun 5, 11 4:56 PM
really liking this game, it's a lot of fun!

i will say i think it could be better if it had an easy mode with less aggressive armies and slower timer and then a hard mode that would be what the game is now. some of the boards i played thru a mazillion times to get the expert goal.

the gameplay is fast and frantic, you must get out there attacking stuff even if you feel like you're not quite ready, if you sit around too long you'll get overrun in a big hurry by the enemies.

i really like this game so far even tho i spend much of the time yelling and swearing at it XD it's challenging and different to everything else out lately and i'm glad i got it even if it makes me mad...just makes beating the level that much more satisfying!

this game is NOT for anyone who wants to relax or play a walk in the park game, it's going to be challenging.

happy gaming!

Go to: