higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jun 2, 11 3:21 AM
WHEN CLICKING ON BONUS, AFTER IS MISSPELLED. DEVELOPERS SHOULD HAVE THEIR EDITING DEPARTMENT DO A BETTER JOB. A DEFINITE NO NO IN A COLLECTORS EDITION GAME.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 2, 11 3:25 AM
COMMENT

I was posting this in the Chit Chat and Rants thread (just as Imbri was applying 'The Shiny Lock' so I'll put it here instead.

higgins717 wrote:IT IS A SHAME, THAT BIG FISH DOES NOT EDIT THEIR GAMES, MISSPELLED WORDS IN A COLLECTORS GAME A BIG NO NO

Hi higgins That's a rant!! Big Fish did not make this game, so have no control over the spelling. They are only distributing it!

Now for my own!

Why the need for a double download!! Extremely annoying (especially to those with limited DL time) 217mb for the demo and 386 for the full game! Surely could have done better. After 20 mins (just to make sure it worked on Win7) I bought it.

One other annoying thing, WHY does the Rose have to 'shimmy and shake' on Advanced play. I know what to do, and when to pick up a petal!!!

Re: The Generator - no need to skip this one, just find the instructions on how to start it!

Kel

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 3:50:14 AM PST

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Jun 2, 11 3:40 AM
I like it! I own the first one but haven't finished it yet. Maybe this will encourage me to go back and work on it again. This one seems to have more that interests me. I'm enjoying everything about it. Most things can be figured out without help. The generator needed help...it's called the skip button, just like someone else said earlier. Yes, I can change a light bulb,,,but just barely. Love the graphics, non intrusive music, good story. This is a buy for me!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 2, 11 3:42 AM
Just played 15 minutes of demo. Seems like a decent game so far. Minor complaint: the dancing Rose irritates me. I know what to do with it and don't need a not so subtle reminder.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 2, 11 3:45 AM
What a lovely and charming game! I liked the first game (frog-hog), but this game is also good - great graphic, great gameplay, great storyline. But this time, the gameplay isn`t frog - its a interactive hog (adventure hog) with only a few hog-scenes within my trial time. Its a buy for me - as the CE!

Another important information (I have bought the game now lol):

The game has 5 chapters and 1 bonus chapter.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 4:06:46 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 4:00 AM
sorry to see the full guide isnt viewable in the demo, when will the devs listen,, you want us to buy a ce, then let us demo a ce...that includes, anything that is unlocked at purchase(ie the guide) should be unlocked at demo, no guide no buy....i like to gauge length by it, i am tired of short ce,s and will not buy them blind anymore

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 4:31 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:I liked it. If it had been an SE I would have bought it. But now I will wait and see what others say about length and such. I am not buying blind, and I rarely buy CE's, I own one, lol.

lol. i have bought nearly everyone till a few months ago, and they just keep getting shorter and shorter, to me..no matter how great gameplay is, if its only 2 or 3 hours long, it aint worth it....

so while i loved the 1st one, and loved the beta, i to will wait and see

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 4:32:43 AM PST

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Jun 2, 11 5:12 AM
Loved the first one and couldn't wait for this(even though I don't buy CE's and would be waiting for the SE) I 'm devastated it's not as good as the first one,the graphics aren't as clear,no map and worst of all it's not a FROG.Please don't do this to us,sequels should be be the same type for us poor souls who have managed to find a game they love at a good price and were hoping for a another one to match.Oh well can't please everyone.

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jun 2, 11 5:17 AM
Darn! I wanted another FROG!!!! They are so rare............

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Jun 2, 11 5:50 AM
I like this game. What was the first one's name so I can look it up? I only wish I could use coupons to get it, I have about 4 coupons they just sent me but they are worthless on anything except the $6.99 games and you can't combine them to get a CE. You have to use credits, so I have 4 of these coupons good I think it said til July and nothing to use them on.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 5:54 AM
patcam52 wrote:I like this game. What was the first one's name so I can look it up? I only wish I could use coupons to get it, I have about 4 coupons they just sent me but they are worthless on anything except the $6.99 games and you can't combine them to get a CE. You have to use credits, so I have 4 of these coupons good I think it said til July and nothing to use them on.

Love Chronicles: The Spell
welcome to the pond

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jun 2, 11 5:56 AM
Kelvarda wrote:COMMENT

I was posting this in the Chit Chat and Rants thread (just as Imbri was applying 'The Shiny Lock' so I'll put it here instead.

higgins717 wrote:IT IS A SHAME, THAT BIG FISH DOES NOT EDIT THEIR GAMES, MISSPELLED WORDS IN A COLLECTORS GAME A BIG NO NO

Hi higgins That's a rant!! Big Fish did not make this game, so have no control over the spelling. They are only distributing it!

Now for my own!

Why the need for a double download!! Extremely annoying (especially to those with limited DL time) 217mb for the demo and 386 for the full game! Surely could have done better. After 20 mins (just to make sure it worked on Win7) I bought it.

One other annoying thing, WHY does the Rose have to 'shimmy and shake' on Advanced play. I know what to do, and when to pick up a petal!!!

Re: The Generator - no need to skip this one, just find the instructions on how to start it!

Kel

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jun 2, 11 5:57 AM
hi kel,

thank you for your comment, regarding big fish not developing game, however, i did not mention big fish, i mentioned the developer.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 2, 11 6:19 AM
higgins717 wrote:hi kel,

thank you for your comment, regarding big fish not developing game, however, i did not mention big fish, i mentioned the developer.

Hi higgins - the quote I 'quoted' is from the locked thread..

Kel

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 6:35 AM
really enjoyable demo...definate buy if its long enough, is the demo the 1st chapter does anyone know?

lastoasis
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by lastoasis on Jun 2, 11 6:55 AM
I could be wrong but isn't this the THIRD Love Chronicles game?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 6:55 AM
CasualGran wrote:Another CE.... hm... runs a bit clunky, IMO. You click something and have to wait a while untill something happens. Not too obviously, but to me it feels that way.
Story. A bit same old same old. Castle on a island, cursed by some witch and you're asked by the princess to help her solve it. While at it you have to collect rosepetals and use the rose for a magical task.
Based on playing the demo it seems a nice game, but as yet I'm not convinced it's worth the CE price.
Maybe I'll just wait some more to read more comments and reviews. Maybe I'll even wait untill somebody has finished it and tells us about it.

On with playing The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship which looks and plays better.

See you later fishies. Enjoy your free days (if you have 'em of course )

CasualGran

another poster just mentioned main game is a little less then 3 hours, so a no buy for me,
the other game you mentioned was released as a se, had morphing and was so long...wait cant ce,s be like that

signed a former ce addict

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 2, 11 7:03 AM
Can someone please tell me how can charge you an extra $6 for a half an hr worth of playing time and a walkthru. These CE are really not worth the extra money, with econ crunch they def are not. I have bought CE the bonus are real short some you have an extra hr. if your lucky. Plus the developer only puts a hole in the wall and volla a new junk pile. Takes about a day to put that in there when it takes mos. to develope a game but yet they charge you the same as a SE. Don't you think we should ask for more game play if we pay double for the games. EXTRA when you buy a SE a walkthru is always avail for free.................

lastoasis
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by lastoasis on Jun 2, 11 7:08 AM
Nope, I was wrong . It was Love Story I saw.

@ Bella I never rely on other fishes report on how long a game is. Some people seem to play a game like a race to the end , instead a of a treat to enjoy. Last year one person kept saying on several H0's that it only took her 45 mins to finish them . To each their own of course, but I always try to wait for a lot of fishes to agree on length, before I believe anything.
That's just me of course .

It'll a long time before we see another great game and great deal like The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship. That one is just wonderful!

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 7:17:45 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 2, 11 7:11 AM
Saphire, I buy the CEs because I need the Strategy Guide, not only the bonus game. Some others have different reasons - but it never concentrate only in the game's length.

Go to: