talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The King of Fire

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jun 4, 11 1:57 AM
My review of this game:

GRAPHICS: 2.5 out of 5. Things are clear enough to see, but it's not very pretty. It could have been much better.
SOUND: 2.5 out of 5. It gets tedious very quickly, though it is a fitting soundtrack for the game.
GAMEPLAY: 3 out of 5. There is a tutorial for all the different modes of play (click on the small ? at the bottom right corner of the screen and scroll through the pages to the game you need instructions for). It's all fairly straight-forward (so far). The goal seems to be to play four types of games (Pipes, Memory, Slider and Binary) and collect pieces of a map or picture. I admit that I only tried the game for a short time, just to get the feel of it, so I'm not sure of the full game yet. Instructions for how to play things (like Binary) should have been a bit easier to find. Not everyone is going to spot the ? button.
FUN FACTOR: 2 out of 5. If you like this sort of thing, you might like it more. It's not a Match 3 or a HOG (so far). Just Memory, Pipes, Slider and Binary. There are coins to collect for increasing your score. There are Achievements you can unlock. Is it fun? Well, not for most players unless they like this sort of thing. Me, I'm sick of HOGs, so I'll try it for awhile, with the sound off, and see how it goes.

OVERALL: 10 out of 20. Neither good not bad, just a bit boring.

NOTE: Binary is a bit like Sudoku, so if you're familiar with how to play that, it's pretty much the same thing.

Hope that helps!

SEE UPDATE BELOW.
NEW OVERALL RATING: 9 out of 20.

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 1:17:11 AM PST

[Post New]by wllccm25 on Jun 4, 11 8:03 PM
I downloaded the trial for this game thinking I'm going to buy it if I liked playing it. I started to play it and I thought even though the game is fun to play; it is in no way shape or form a MATCH 3 game. This game should be placed in puzzles or brain teasers. So, I'm difenetly not going to be getting it.

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 8:09:16 PM PST

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jun 5, 11 1:13 AM
Well, I'm taking back what I said in m review about "Binary" being a bit like Sudoku. It isn't. Sudoku makes sense. This thing doesn't. I tried it several times before the demo ran out and though every line was as the instructions said (unique, no more than two symbols together on the same row / column), I never once cleared a screen. I had to restart and try again.

This game is not even close to recommended. Fun Factor is 1 out of 5. I wouldn't even get this on a Daily Deal.

[Post New]by Alipalica on Jun 6, 11 4:36 PM
I liked the game play for the demo. Unfortunately, I didn't make it far enough to reach the "Boss" slide puzzle. I hate slide puzzles,I can't do them. Is there any way to skip that level?

[Post New]by amluter on Jun 23, 11 8:42 PM
ok, i bought it. Admit i like the binary and tubes, memory is ok. Am completely stuck on the slider puzzle. Can't get past it. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I bought the darn thing now I want to beat it.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 27, 11 5:09 PM
Not what I expected, and wasn't too thrilled when I realised that. Won't be buying this, agree with several of the previous posters.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 26, 11 1:56 PM
Tried this game for over 40 minutes, found it tedious and not challenging, there were 3 games, the memory match (which can be made as a great game on its own, with lively colours and different pictures ie cakes etc), the binary one (placing leaves and branches) and the pipe puzzle.

This game was so boring, some puzzles you can play again and again, without having a care what the plot is ie Sudoku etc, this game tried to incorporate a tedious storyline with even more tedious looking games. It made it look worse by the darkened look of the boards.

The games were made well, and so I'm optimistic on what else they can produce, they should try a livelier, vibrant look and feel of the game. I have Sudoku latin squares, Sheep's Quest-now this game wasn't challenging but as they incorporated many fun environments and humour, I brought it. Nikakudori looks worse then this game, but I brought this one as it was challenging, also Mahjonng Dimensions Deluxe, which I knew I was going to buy in the first 5 minutes.

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 2:08:18 PM PST

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Jan 8, 12 1:41 AM
well I have only just tried the demo of this game and I like it, it makes the brain work! The binary game is very simple, the memory game is as it says all about remembering where each matching square is but I find the path game the hardest to do. I think I will buy it using a free game code because I wouldn't pay for it. The only downside so far is the fact that there are only them three games to play and nothing changes for each level. I hope I don't regret my purchase!!

Go to: