snaputz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by snaputz on Jun 20, 11 8:47 PM
Hi. When I try to play I receive this message: "Error: Acces violation at 0x004B386D (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated"
I have already unistalled and reinstalled the game but this does't play yet.

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gambity on Jun 28, 11 4:27 AM
himura wrote:Angels VS Demons game:
In this case, how do I do?

One angel is eaten so 19 angels are there, And I can't move any more.
It reaches a deadlock...but I can't find reset button.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/angelsvsdemons.jpg/

When I exit Dark Dimensions and reboot it, something is changed.
One angel seems reborn and another one is translucent but I can't do anything, all angels are no-reaction.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/angelsvsdemons2.jpg/

I don't seem to be able to find the last 2 angels.
It says there should be 12 but i am totally confused as i put them in as soon as i found them so i never really counted them.
I have looked everywhere even following the walkthrough.
Were there 4 on the corners to start with so how many more would i have to find as i think there are more than 16 slots.

Genesistt
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Genesistt on Jul 6, 11 3:01 AM
ladygrizz1 wrote:I did send an email to support along with a Dr Felix report, so just waiting to hear back, but in the meantime, if support reads this first.....

I keep getting error popup stating Image not found, then some coding and this happens nearly every time I am changing screens moving to another area in the game.

I also have the problem with the error popups when I move from screen to screen. And last night I had a regression problem too. I left my ladder against the tree with the owl lock to go get the circular key I missed at the train station. Then I left the game. When I went back into the game last night my ladder was missing and now I can't get to the owl to open the gate and get back into the cemetery. I'm stuck! So I uninstalled and I'm still deciding if I want to reinstall, depending on how the issues with this game will be resolved.

Lassie1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Lassie1952 on Jul 13, 11 7:12 PM
I am also getting the pop up error messages, which are easily resolved by clicking ok, but now I also have the fog returned mid game, cutting off access to areas I have already played and need to return to.
Everything went smoothly until now, and it is a great game, but of course, like everyone else, I'm hoping there will be a fix soon, since this is a CE. It does not sound like uninstalling and reinstalling will help.

[Post New]by chazzsmom99 on Jul 19, 11 10:19 PM
I too have problems. I just bought the game, before even checking the forum. Yes, I know, I should have....but I was hooked. With the demo, I never got one error message; now I bought it, and every few minutes, error with finding images!! Say what? And it regressed me back to the beginning of the game, at the snake lock....*sigh* It used to be really good, buying games here, but lately? I'm beginning to question it.

And, yes, I did a complete update, cleaning, all that. It's NOT my machine!

help ....please :(

[Post New]by tperrie on Aug 17, 11 1:02 PM
janie1963 wrote:keep getting an error message 'item not found' .....game also keeps regressing Have re-installed twice now and don't want to start from the beginning again...never had this much trouble with a game before

I am also having the same problem, have deleted and reinstalled 3 times, any ideas as to why?

[Post New]by chrystol on Aug 20, 11 10:28 AM
Personally, I have had nothing but problems with this game. WHEN it works, it is great; however, every time I change a scene, I am taken out of the game, and receive a "cannot find object" message, sometimes several messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times, and run a cleaner on my computer inbetween each time, and still get this.

Also, three times now when I have gone back past the gate I have been locked out, with no key, and have to start over again. VERY frustrating, and I do not feel I should have paid for this. I like the game when it actually works, but having to start over so many times is NOT my idea of fun, especially when I was pretty close to the end at one point. I think at this point I am starting for the sixth or seventh time.

Apparently many others seems to have this problem. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I installed it with the newer, buggy Game Manager or not. I have updated to the newest GM, and unistalled/reinstalled the game, but it did not fix the problem.

Signed, Frustrated But Determined

bern2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by bern2 on Aug 23, 11 9:39 AM
I got as far as the door with the colored slide puzzle. I had the missing slide, but had to quit for the day. When I went back the next day, the slide had disappeared from my inventory, and isn't where I had found it. Now what?

[Post New]by kidlibrarian on Sep 10, 11 1:34 PM
I am in the same boat as Bern2 is but mine is with the dice in the cemetery. I tried to do the puzzle yesterday and quit. Come back today and the die is not in my tool inventory or is it up on the screen. Now what do I do?

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 11, 11 2:49 AM
ladygrizz1 wrote:I did send an email to support along with a Dr Felix report, so just waiting to hear back, but in the meantime, if support reads this first.....

I keep getting error popup stating Image not found, then some coding and this happens nearly every time I am changing screens moving to another area in the game. I am now at the very first screen where you enter the gate into the village, as I was looking to see which gem I missed in the game, and now the fog has come back and I can no longer get into the village

I think I will need to get a credit back for this game, and get another. I have never had such a buggy Big Fish game, ever.

I have the same problem today. And one of the scene I've already done appears as I've never done it before. I've not the tools anymore and can't do nothing.

Was this pb solved or not ?

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Sep 20, 11 4:00 PM
kidlibrarian wrote:I am in the same boat as Bern2 is but mine is with the dice in the cemetery. I tried to do the puzzle yesterday and quit. Come back today and the die is not in my tool inventory or is it up on the screen. Now what do I do?

this is my error as well. the dice disappeared while I was moving them, so now I'm stuck. I'll go back and see if they've reappeared where they were originally found, but I hate skipping puzzles!

[Post New]by Kawinm on Oct 13, 11 2:15 PM
I just downloaded the Mac version. I haven't gotten futher than the first HOG scene. Everytime I pick up the gun hammer the game closes with an unexpected error. This is one of the first games that hasn't worked on my iMac. I hope they get it fixed, it seems like a promising game.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 13, 11 3:27 PM
Hi Kawinm,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our Mac reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 13, 11 6:19 PM
Kawinm wrote:I just downloaded the Mac version. I haven't gotten futher than the first HOG scene. Everytime I pick up the gun hammer the game closes with an unexpected error. This is one of the first games that hasn't worked on my iMac. I hope they get it fixed, it seems like a promising game.

Aim your cursor just a little bit off the hammer. You should be able to pick up and proceed with the game.

[Post New]by Kawinm on Oct 14, 11 4:17 AM
I reinstalled the game an I've been able to go past the fountain and enter the city... yeah. I hope the Mac version isn't full with bugs like I read in the PC version.

Happy gaming Fishies

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 17, 11 1:19 AM
I am on a Mac. I too had the crash when accessing bullets in the first H0G scene, but got past that by aiming a bit away from the item in question with the required "tool".

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 3:23:09 PM PST

Voice_Mail
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Voice_Mail on Nov 1, 11 2:26 AM
I got through the main game no problem, but now I'm playing the bonus chapter. I just was in the fog producing room. I picked up the valve, and backed out as far as the room with the diving suit, then the game just returned me to the main menu, no error or anything. I clicked on 'resume' to keep playing, and it put me back at the start of the bonus chapter...

Has anyone managed to finish the bonus content all the way through? ):

[Post New]by Chicago2012 on Jan 21, 12 9:58 PM
I too am having an issue with bonus play that is very annoying. (Same as NikkiNox's post) Once in the cave past ghost, every time I click an action I get several popup windows informing me of sound errors. It pauses the game and when I click to continue so do the popups. Doesn't even allow you to exit the game normally. I had to do a force close.

[Post New]by squirrellflight on Mar 18, 12 6:34 AM
i have a question does anyone know how to get upstairs in the hotel because im lost i dont have the collecters adision so if thats the problem thats fine but it annoys me that i cant find out how to get up there

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Red dice

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Apr 6, 12 9:10 AM
I'm playing this for the second time after a number of months. I had no problem the first time. This time I solved the dice problem but nothing happened, I went away and when I came back one of the red dice had disappeared. This seems to be a common problem.

Go to: