ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jul 10, 11 7:32 PM
ecohen70101 wrote:I can't even get the game to START! I have installed and uninstalled the game several times, updated my computer apps, and it continues to happen. I press play, it flips the screen, and goes right back to the game manager, saying I still have 60 minutes remaining, play again? And I can't. It just repeats this over and over. What can I do?

I played the demo until my time was up, then purchased the game after it went black on me and told me it was time to pay up. After I purchased it, I went back to my game manager to click on "Play Again" and I got pretty much the same result that ECohen is getting. I hear the familiar "ding" from BFG game manager as it switches to my game. The screen goes black as if loading my game and then it immediately goes right back to my game manager and asks me if I want to play again.

It was playing wonderfully when I played the demo! What happened?

Also, I see so many issues here from people - does anyone ever get any help here or is this just a place to blow off steam? I ask because I don't have any steam to blow off, I am looking for answers. I know I can put in a trouble ticket, but that seems to take several days these days.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 10, 11 7:49 PM
Hi there ChocPeng and ecohen - and any others who have this problem,
This sometimes happens when you also have your web browser open if you are using Firefox (not sure about IE).
If you want to keep the Internet running, click on the box to the left of the red one with the X in it on the top RH corner of Firefox to change its state. I think you might find that your game will run OK then.
Cheers

[Post New]by ecohen70101 on Jul 18, 11 7:50 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there ChocPeng and ecohen - and any others who have this problem,
This sometimes happens when you also have your web browser open if you are using Firefox (not sure about IE).
If you want to keep the Internet running, click on the box to the left of the red one with the X in it on the top RH corner of Firefox to change its state. I think you might find that your game will run OK then.
Cheers

That had nothing to do with it for me. Somehow, I just restarted my computer several times and then it worked. Very strange!

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Jul 24, 11 10:08 PM
I'm running this game on a MacBookPro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 1067 MHz DDR3, Software version 10.6.8. I've had periodic troubles in the game with it locking up my laptop completely, and I've had to reboot. On rebooting, I find that the game has set me back a few scenes, so that I need to repeat searches and puzzles.

I am almost at the end of the game. (And it IS a great game.) I closed the game down to make dinner, then later returned, only to find that on opening the game, it says my profile is corrupted, will I please create another?

I'm going to try downloading the game again and hope that magically that will fix my profile, but I doubt it.

Pretty disappointing, BFG.

Any chance of a new Mac version of this coming out to fix these problems?

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Jul 24, 11 10:27 PM
As a follow-up - I uninstalled the original game, cleared it out of Trash, and downloaded a new one.

Yep, my whole original profile is gone.

Oh well, I was planning on replaying the game anyway, guess I'm just gonna do it sooner than I'd figured on.

[Post New]by amyechandler on Aug 8, 11 8:03 PM
I am trying to retrieve the wire cutters from the van in the mansion garage, but I already put the belt in the engine, so the game won't let me back into the engine. The game keeps telling me to look in the engine and get the wire cutters, but it won't give me access. HELP!!!!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Sep 26, 11 7:45 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there ChocPeng and ecohen - and any others who have this problem,
Cheers

I just now popped back in here and saw my old comment and this response to it. While I appreciate your effort in helping me, DragonLadyOz, I never have anything running when I am playing games. I have all apps closed and usually do a complete restart of my computer when I am ready to download a game. I like things clean.

I just had to get a refund. This game never worked for me.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 3, 12 6:32 PM
I got the game to work, and realized I've played this game before. I don't know why all of a sudden it wouldn't open, but after trying a few times, it finally opened as if nothing had gone wrong.

Now for the real problem.

I'm afraid I'm like several others in this thread who are having trouble in the Bonus Play. Quite simply, the chains in the mini-game on the fence just will not line up. Getting them into the proper "two-cross" configuration is quite easy.

However, my chains are off-centered, and even when I have the correct gold vertically and horizontally, my horizontal chains aren't properly lined up.

Did anyone resolve this issue, or could I get some help here, please?

Thanks.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 6:34:14 PM PST

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Jan 7, 12 7:48 PM
I did a HOG where there is a monkey statue, got the needle or whatever it is but it won't close off. messaged tech help but been 3 day & no reply. I hate spending money on a game & it not working grrrrr

[Post New]by benniejack on Jan 31, 12 5:03 PM
I've reloaded this game 3 times now and each time I could not get past a certain point. This 3rd and last time I completed the challenging 3 tiered wood puzzle game and the game will not progress past the completed puzzle. As reelated to the first two times the game would not move forwared - I'm covinced not to play the expert mode -because you have no options to skip or get help - perhaps if I could skip a game, I might be able to actually play the entire game I paid for!

[Post New]by dexela on Feb 8, 12 9:40 PM
benniejack wrote:I've reloaded this game 3 times now and each time I could not get past a certain point. This 3rd and last time I completed the challenging 3 tiered wood puzzle game and the game will not progress past the completed puzzle. As reelated to the first two times the game would not move forwared - I'm covinced not to play the expert mode -because you have no options to skip or get help - perhaps if I could skip a game, I might be able to actually play the entire game I paid for!

I too am stuck in the same spot, and playing in expert mode...second time I am having problems, the first time was when I bought the SE version and could not pick up the flail in the church

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Jun 8, 12 8:19 PM
Tried this game before and had the same problem. The sound reminds me of the show with Max Headroom-same stuttery talk. Definitely will not buy.

[Post New]by tnlady1956 on Apr 20, 13 1:11 PM
I am really confused. Now that I have bought the game I no longer have it in full screen. What am I not doing? Has anyone else had this problem?

[Post New]by Daisy63 on Jul 1, 13 11:10 PM
I am stuck in the fireplace, I have uninstalled game and reinstalled what is going on?

[Post New]by CarolynnZ on Mar 14, 14 11:45 AM
This game has been terrible for me! Certain screens will lock and give me an error message that requires me to restart the game...only about 85% of the time.
I have done all the program manager updates and configurations and uninstalled/re-installed several times with no success.
It is a great game and I have never had any trouble with any BigFish game in the last 5+years I have been gaming here.
I am even using a brand new (less than 6 month old) computer.
The kitchen scene specifically is the worst one to go through...but it is only a couple of scenes that give me this problem.
I was enjoying the game otherwise, but I suspect I will not be able to finish it at all.

Go to: