No, Magic Vines doesn't work!

[Post New]by ann_dragerton on Dec 27, 13 1:01 AM
Now my Magic Vines starts each time at the Congo!!... if I keep going, it works fine.... but don't quit! It always goes back to the Congo!! Any assistance would be welcome![/quote wrote: and it won't let me out of free time mode or let me change players

Please help - if you can

[Post New]by mountainmaid on Jan 26, 14 8:04 AM
Zimberg wrote:Hi there, I have been trying to get through level 1-5 and this error message keeps appearing.

Director Player error
String expected
<void>
and
List expected for Handler
# count

It does not save the game as stated,

many thanks
Claudia, Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:Welcome to Magic Vines forum

[Post New]by rajanswain on Feb 13, 14 11:20 PM
After many unsuccessful attempts, I finally succeeded in running the game as I used to with Win XP.

- Navigate to the file Magic Vines.exe in the installed folder. (Has the icon.)

- Right-click

- Go to the compatibility tab and check Windows XP SP3 mode

- At the bottom of the same tab, under 'Privilege level', check 'Run this program as administrator'.

- Try the game now.

In case your antivirus program treats the game as a Trojan, make an exception and allow it to run.

Have fun.

[Post New]by hillbilly1952 on Jul 17, 14 11:02 AM
I tried doing everything that rajanswain said and it moved past the first level to Congo then did the same error this game is a P.O.S. back to the drawing board on this game big fish..

[Post New]by pugs1319 on Sep 9, 14 7:55 AM
Hi, i am having the same problems, im running vista on one device and xp on the other. Still having the problems on both so its not a vista compatibility problem. Also i had this game years ago and never had any problem with it at all. Does anybody have any solutions as it sounds like BF don't want to sort this problem???

Go to: