ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and other Chaos!

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 6, 11 1:24 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Oooh Kel,
I've seen other responses about how addictive Emerald Tales is - and generally tempted to try it out for myself as I have replayed the two World Riddles games a gazillion times!!
Cheers

M3 addictions -
my mom: fishdom
my niece: farmscape
me: paradise quest

we've all got something, and we usually bounce from one to another as these are our top three faves!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 1:26 AM
ember89 wrote:BTW - anyone notice how BFG spelled "mahjong" - "majhong?"

Ooops!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 1:26 AM
ember89 wrote:BTW - anyone notice how BFG spelled "mahjong" - "majhong?"

Yes ember, I PMd Flounder when the forum was first set up - glad someone else saw it too. LOL
Cheers

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 6, 11 1:27 AM
hee hee hee

kel, i caught 'em!

off to cause other mischief now... 'night all!

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 1:28:50 AM PST

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jun 6, 11 1:52 AM
Hello fishy ranters it's the first official day of my hols DH decided to take last week off instead hmmm trying to tell me something??!! No we got a new furbaby new to us and we're trying to establish a routine

As for the game well it's not too bad I've played worse it's not a strict mahjong game there are variations that have to be done nice to pass an hour with but I wouldn't buy it VERY different from the Liong game I loved that one

Now deciding whether or not to hang the washing out - Friday we were up in the late 20's and today we're back in the lower 13/15 WHAT IS WRONG with the weather??? either one thing or the other please.... preferably 20

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 1:52:34 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 2:27 AM
Have to agree regarding the Weather maddee, but I don't know where you are? Here in the UK it's on and off as well. I know it's going to change when my arthritis get's worse (and it's been bad these last few days). But then we get Farmers saying their crops are failing because we haven't had much rain.

Oh Well, at least we've all got games we can play (even if they are old ones!)

Kel

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 6, 11 2:51 AM
Hi you chatters and ranters. I've been off of games awhile so not showing up here, no time to demo much (all consumed by the Anthony trial in progress daily, replays at night).

btw some MCF HOG history. Mystery Case Files Huntsville was the first HOG game made for grownups. Before that was I SPY for kids with riddle clues. Then came Hidden Expedition Titanic (HE) another straight HOG with interesting historic or trivia to read between levels, think some mosaic puzzles. Next MCF Prime Suspects, both that and Huntsville were great hidden object scenes, humorous writing, and timed. Ravenhearst and MadamFate followed (not sure in that order) but Ravenhearst went dark with a story and murders, not humorous. Each MCF from 1 to 7 raised the difficulty level, but when timers were removed that did lessen the challenge and puzzles more complex.

Just saying, going back to MCF Huntsville and Prime Suspects for just relaxing with some great graphics, hunt for stuff and simple minis is still fun for go to games. Although with passage of time and memory, the timer can still be challenging or if new to HOG games. There was no interaction as now IHOGS, but light whacky humor. I have yet to conquer MadamFate due to timer and itty bitty multiples to find and lost interest.

MCF and HEs are really what got most of us here and I suppose BFs success, forerunner and maybe still leader of HOG games. Early ones may seem boring now, but had I started with MCF Return to Ravenhearst, well, I would have missed out on some early fun. I'd still be in brain burnout. I wish they'd bring back the funny writers.

M3 early funny one try Unwell Mel by BFG.
Fav M3 Paradise Quest, Big Kahuna Reef2 Chains (with bombs), Relaxing one Druids, for classical music, straight m3 to zone out. Working on Vesuvia recently.

Maybe it is morning people who love TMs and timers to get juices going. Nocturnal like me, well, not much brain power left after a long day and need to come down before bed? Or maybe just after a long life like me.
Nice to be back and try some mahjong, but I'll be back "in court" all week again listening for clues to crack that real life case Me the jury had today/night off but resumes in 3 hours with new witnesses. No time for games but missed y'all.

oops Vesuvia not Vesuvius...zzzzzzzzzz

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 3:02:21 AM PST

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 6, 11 4:29 AM
good morning all ...WELCOME to the Pond bungweasel .
Gee I went through the mahjong phase, bought quite a few but unless they have a decent story I wouldn't buy anymore.

I see poor shadow is still a flounder! Hope she morph soon so we can PARTY on the reef
see you in a bit, got to correct something I told a newbie yesterday
boots

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 4:33 AM
Morning boots

only 25 more posts for shadowfax (I think - then party yeh!!)

More fun in here this a.m than in CCC

Kel

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jun 6, 11 4:40 AM
I do like Majhong but didn't care for this game because of the differences that others mentioned. What is the best Majhong game you all have? I don't have one yet and want to get one. Thanks

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 4:44:13 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 4:47 AM
PurrrThang wrote:I do like Majhong but didn't care for this game because of the differences that others mentioned. What is the best Majhong game you all have. I don't have one yet. Thanks

Hi Purrr

I have Mahjong Escape Ancient China, Mythic Mahjong (which is like an Adventure Mahjong game) plus a couple of others from elsewhere and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom (for the PS3)

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom is available for the PC as well though

Kel

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 4:54:47 AM PST

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 6, 11 4:55 AM
I liked Mahjong Quest, it's about a young boy who has to rid his town of evil.
The one Kel mentioned Mahjong Escape ancient China is good too I have that one too.
There are sequels to these 2 too but I couldn't find their names in my purchase history been too long since I played them
boots

Hey purr thang have you been WELCOMED to the pond, I believe we have spoken before

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 6, 11 4:59 AM
time for brekkie BBL
boots

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 6, 11 5:03 AM
@ bootsky A little gem I found on a DD last year is Alice's Magical Mahjong. It has the story and following the trail, some short HOGs between levels, maybe find 5 objects. It looks like a children's story book but just as much fun as any other mahjong and story isn't intrusive. While the mini hogs may have some tiny things hints are available to move on but I got used to the artwork. What I love is it isn't flashy or garish but tiles are colorful and tie in with the story characters. Cheerful, easy on my old eyes. I've only worked halfway thru in a year, one of my go to games when I need a lift. It's not cutesy pie, but good for all ages (I'm pushing 75)

Probably best on BF for classic mahjong as mentioned by others is BFs Mahjong Towers Eternity. No story but enough layouts for the life of a computer. I have my favorite board and always return to that of many many. The first MJ Towers was cute, cartoon graphics but froze up on newer pcs, Lots of animation. I guess I had it on Windows ME. Eternity is totally different.

a little known M3 with a story is Travels with Gulliver, I think it is under T, not Gulliver's travels. You get the story with it to read if you want or just do the puzzles. Another tip from a fishie and I couldn't find it til I did search and it's Travels, older game I guess but runs on XP. Not sure about W7 yet. Picked it up on a punch freebie, not sure if ever a DD. Sometimes, like mahjong, it's just nice to have a new set of graphics and I'm big on tasteful artwork for changes out of my habit favs when I feel like reading.

Both the Rainbow Webs are interesting, different kind of M3 with a web layout and fairytaleish story. No spiders, just the web.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 6, 11 6:03 AM
I forgot about the Rainbow Webs they were great fun & all those types of games have interesting artwork...Japanesey/chinese very tasteful
boots

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 6, 11 6:11 AM
there must be a lot of work getting done today 'cos the chat rooms are pretty quiet.
BBL...must go plant these plants, I know I've said that 100 times this time it really MUST GET DONE!!!
boots

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 6:32 AM
Oh! Rainbow Webs II looks interesting. And these one's should play on my XP PC without any problems I hope (Small enough downloads to go straight on the HD)

boots - have fun 'planting your plants' - you can pretend your playing Plants Vs Zombies

Kel

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 6:33:45 AM PST

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jun 6, 11 7:12 AM
Kelvarda wrote:Morning all - Hmm! Nothing for me again today...

Oh Well, washing up and laundry, here I come (bit of window washing in there as well)

Bye

Kel

Hey Kel, can you come by my house? The laundry's done but the windows sure could use a washing and maybe vacuum?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 7:16 AM
Hi vadasgirl lol. I'm still sitting on my backside downloading Rainbow Webs II.
Well, what's a girl gonna do, the washing basically does itself! The windows! - oh well, if I can't see out, nobody else can see in And when you live alone, there's not much tidying up to do either

Kel

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 7:33 AM
I can't believe there's no 'official' comments and reviews thread yet! It's now 07.30 BF Time). Has nobody played it??

Kel

Go to: