RCrow
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by RCrow on Jun 17, 11 7:05 PM
I hate to whine since I'm not having the really major technical issues of 'debugging' that everyone else is, but....this game seems to go soooo slow in a lot of scenes. Is it my computer or has anyone else had this same snafu?

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by jolemi on Jun 19, 11 5:06 PM
Shoots... V_V I just bought the game, didn't think of reading the forum before (now I will always do...) Game won't start, as many others, the Game Manager shuts off and when I try again, PC says a game is already running but nothing... I wish that a fix will be found, or money back please! In my case, it's cash from credit card, not punch card, and a good 14 bucks would buy me a game that WORKS!!! Thanks for help BF people!

danooli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by danooli on Jun 24, 11 5:04 PM

damn, i'm not alone in this. my computer is fine and updated and better than the game requires, but it won't open.

shenanigans.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Jun 25, 11 8:05 AM
I played the demo of this when it first came out & it was fine. I was undecided whether to get the CE or wait for the SE, so I tried the SE today & got the 'debug' thing - decision made to buy the CE & guess what? Can't play cos of flaming 'debug' thing!!!

Oooooo - I'm SO cross !!!!

glitchy glitcherson

[Post New]by momodestroyers on Jul 1, 11 1:51 PM
This keeps crashing on me, randomly, ugh.

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 4:58:30 PM PST

[Post New]by jobinban on Jul 15, 11 5:54 AM
downloaded the game today - and it STILL has the problem of being a ghost itself and only showing as a background process...
and i lost 20 mins of the trial just figuring it out...
call me crazy, but something tells me this isn't going to GET fixed...

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jul 25, 11 10:51 AM
The game is running very slow, the cursor is fine at normal speed, but the game itself is very slow. How do I fix this?

[Post New]by kcarole on Jul 27, 11 7:09 PM
Not sure it will help anyone but you can try to go "personalize your screen" by right clicking on your desktop and then make sure you have it set for Windows Basic Theme. I have to do this for several games when I first try to play them. If I wasnt clear please respond and I will clarify. Now if someone can tell me how to get the gate opened for the cemetary I would appreciate it. I have tried everything. I have the key.

[Post New]by Maharet43 on Aug 2, 11 7:10 PM
It's now early August and the game still does not work.

Will it ever be fixed or am I going to have to ask for my two games credits back?

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 7, 11 3:56 PM
Maharet43 wrote:It's now early August and the game still does not work.

Will it ever be fixed or am I going to have to ask for my two games credits back?

Ask for 2 game credits. You'll actually get 2 game codes. Not the same but it's at least something.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Sep 12, 11 12:38 PM
Baybear wrote:Well don't that beat all?? I have a MAC also and tried to download this game onto my MAC running OSX 10.4.11 and the SAME thing happens on my MAC with that version of the game... I get a "boing" sound then I click on "play", and then... NOTHING... no screen change or anything... just stays on the BF Game Manager. Then in about 2-3 seconds the BF Game Manager comes back with "60 mins left to play.. play again?"

But just like the PC version... this game won't play on my MAC either...

The tech people are no help since they just say "update your drivers, etc."

Finally got the answer to this one on my own!! I updated from OSX 10.4.11 (Tiger?) to OSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) today, and lo and behold... The Devil In Mississippi Ran Just Fine!!! I think most people's troubles when so many have them, are due to OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUES where the Developer's S/W does not work with older operating systems. They should check this first and make sure the game gives a disclaimer when you first try and load/run it so that you do not go any further.

Clearly this difference in operating system was the whole cause of the many posts in this thread. It would have been a simple thing for BF or the Developer to check and then clarify that.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Sep 17, 11 11:23 PM
AnnieO_2424mad wrote:Same problem with both the demo and purchased full version of this game: NEITHER WOULD OPEN.

Tried opening from both the game Icon and the GM. The GM disappeared and then nothing happened; I was left just looking at my desktop. Clicked again and the GM reappeared to tell me the game can't be opened because another game is running in the background. And I had to (Alt-Ctrl-Del) to get out of it in order to play a different game.

It is now Sept 17, and still no fix with this game. I guess it's time to ask for a refund. It's really a shame. Too many interesting games are coming out with major issues.

[Post New]by jenn1969 on Oct 10, 11 4:33 PM
I was really enjoying this game, but I have gotten to London, tried to go to Shakesphere's home and the game is stuck here... will not go past this point.
What should I do?

[Post New]by Dorsa4u on Nov 23, 11 10:25 PM
I have Win 7 and was having problems with this game running slow. I simply changed the compatibility setting to Win XP service pack 3 and that fixed the problem.
For those who don't know how to do that, right click on the game's icon. Click on properties,
then the compatibility tab. You can play around with the settings until you find what works best for you.
Another thing you can try... to fix cursor lag, is go into the mouse properties/settings and speed up your cursor motion.

[Post New]by Cejkacejka3 on Jan 31, 12 7:15 PM
I received the game as a "reward" and have really enjoyed the grapics. Now I am at a impass. I am faced with a puzzle I can not solve nor am I permitted to "quit" and go on I can't even figure what is wanted. I have spent 2 hours on this. Came back next day still can't. If you are going to create a problem, give away out if you are stuck. The hint button just keeps recharging and never turns to I aooreciate help before I have the gamed in a quit. What gives? nAppreciate help.

[Post New]by tobleroneeater on Aug 10, 13 2:03 PM
My hand touched the 'skip' button on the kindle by mistake as its a fairly small screen, and now I can't play the maze game in the globe theatre...is there a way to get to it again please?

Go to: