gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 10, 11 4:23 PM
slepless777 wrote: I had the exact same problem. I ended up skipping this one. There are a couple of other puzzles in the bonus area that are also glitchy which I had no choice but to skip if I wanted to go further.

It also didn't help that the instructions weren't clear and the non-grooved tumbler was the very top and bottom and it only held one number (well on hard mode it did) which on top of everything did take me a while to work out. It was the two tumblers immediately above and below the center one that you could put more numbers in it. But it was a definite glitch as sometimes on the tumblers you were supposed to put sequencial numbers the mouse wouldn't let you.

A lot of the puzzles I didn't like how they were programmed especially it seemed in the bonus area - the arrows on some of the blocks games. It seemed so overly sensitive, and plain annoying that I ended up not having patience for them, and yes I would put them in the glitchy category as it made them unplayable for me.

[Post New]by MJZigZag on Jun 10, 11 8:45 PM

three strikes and you're out.

Game froze at the exact same spot every time -- the drawbridge mechanism.

What a drag.

[Post New]by bjbri13 on Jun 11, 11 3:30 PM
I bought this game and I ran out of blood in Van Helsings office I went back to all the screens it would allow me to go back too and no blood was found. I need help to get through that screen what do I do?

[Post New]by mrsa131 on Jun 11, 11 5:45 PM
Keeps freezing at the drawbridge for me also. Had the same problem with Nancy Drew. almost at the end of each game and they freeze. Tec support asked me to update directx, but this didn't help. any suggesstions ?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 11 5:50 PM
bjbri13 wrote:I bought this game and I ran out of blood in Van Helsings office I went back to all the screens it would allow me to go back too and no blood was found. I need help to get through that screen what do I do?

In the strategy guide, the blood is located with an @ symbol. Double check your scenes again against the in built strategy guide - the guide also gives you photo of the scenes and tells you on the photo (if you double click on it makes it bigger) where it is.
I don't know what chapter you are on - but in 2 different times in office, in chapter 2 - one was on the closer table in a small bottle, the other scene it was in the larger desk on the right - plain view in a bottle.

I don't know if 'location complete' means the blood as well. You can do this game without taking any of the victims.

[Post New]by jessicadaisy on Jun 11, 11 6:15 PM
gingergal wrote:
bjbri13 wrote:I bought this game and I ran out of blood in Van Helsings office I went back to all the screens it would allow me to go back too and no blood was found. I need help to get through that screen what do I do?

In the strategy guide, the blood is located with an @ symbol. Double check your scenes again against the in built strategy guide - the guide also gives you photo of the scenes and tells you on the photo (if you double click on it makes it bigger) where it is.
I don't know what chapter you are on - but in 2 different times in office, in chapter 2 - one was on the closer table in a small bottle, the other scene it was in the larger desk on the right - plain view in a bottle.

I don't know if 'location complete' means the blood as well. You can do this game without taking any of the victims.

This is the part I am stuck on too. It is during the scene when the red "corruption" has taken over Van Helsing's office and you have to collect the rivets etc. I looked at the SG and it states that the vial/bottle full of red liquid on the desk nearest to the player is blood but I cannot click on it. No fangs show up or anything. I looked through the other scenes as well and there are no more vials/bottles to collect. Very very VERY frustrating! :-/

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 11 12:04 AM
jessicadaisy wrote:
This is the part I am stuck on too. It is during the scene when the red "corruption" has taken over Van Helsing's office and you have to collect the rivets etc. I looked at the SG and it states that the vial/bottle full of red liquid on the desk nearest to the player is blood but I cannot click on it. No fangs show up or anything. I looked through the other scenes as well and there are no more vials/bottles to collect. Very very VERY frustrating! :-/

I think it is a glitch because if it's at the time of the game I think it is I had the same problem. I just carried on the game and when I came back to the area later it was available to me then but not earlier (I think I had to finish all the other areas first). If you have done everything and can't go on with the story try just going to different areas and then going back to the scene.

[Post New]by allysyn on Jun 12, 11 6:51 AM
i also had the same issue at the tumbler in the extra chapter. I have refreshed the puzzle & it won't let me move anything - i can sit here & wait until it lets me skip but that is very annoying!!

[Post New]by bjbri13 on Jun 12, 11 7:52 AM
OK I checked the strategy guide and the bottle of blood on the table will not let me select it. Was it something that had to be taken prior to where the office was corrupted with blood?

Bill0007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Game shuts down and goes back

[Post New]by Bill0007 on Jun 12, 11 9:21 AM
Has anyone had the problem of the game automatically shutting down and returning you to your homepage????? Mind does it every 30 seconds!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by jessicadaisy on Jun 12, 11 9:27 AM
gingergal wrote:
jessicadaisy wrote:

I think it is a glitch because if it's at the time of the game I think it is I had the same problem. I just carried on the game and when I came back to the area later it was available to me then but not earlier (I think I had to finish all the other areas first). If you have done everything and can't go on with the story try just going to different areas and then going back to the scene.

Problem is, I have finished the other locations. This is the last one that I need to complete to go ahead with the storyline. I am out of blood and the only thing I need to do in the office to move forward requires it. Really sucks because I was actually enjoying this game! If it is a glitch, which it does sound like because other people are having the same problem, I hope it gets fixed. Otherwise, this was a BIG waste of money.

[Post New]by bjbri13 on Jun 12, 11 10:10 AM
I'm really starting to think its a glich because I've finished all of the other locations. That's the last one on this level. I'm getting very frustrating I've also started the game over several times and end up with the same problem. BIG FISH HELP!!!

spieleboy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by spieleboy on Jun 12, 11 2:19 PM
cateyes51 wrote:I changed to system curser, since the game curser was acting slow, and it doesn't work. DO NOT change the curser or you can't play the game. No way of getting it to change back. :

Same here, can not move my curser any more. This happend to the third game already, and BF never did anything to repair this issue. So I also want to warn you not to change the curser to custom curser. Game over.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 2:19:53 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 12, 11 3:38 PM
Hey fishies,

If you’re having troubles clicking on the vial of blood on the table, there’s a good chance that you're playing with an illegitimate copy of the game, as this particular issue is one that is caused by a progression blocker that detects the game was not purchased from Big Fish Games or a licensed affiliate.

To make sure that you're playing a legitimate copy of Dracula: Love Kills CE, please uninstall this game from your computer and then reinstall it through your Purchase History.

Here’s a link to a help article that will guide you through this process:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you've done this and continue to have troubles, please feel free to contact Customer Support for further assistance by clicking on the green at the top-right of the page.

Big Fish Game Club members can also connect to Live Chat from their My Game Club page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by BigFishSue2 on Jun 12, 11 3:55 PM
Inanga wrote:Really weird - no problems downloading or cursor problems, but after entering my profile name it tells me my file is corrupted and to choose another. Did this several times but the message keeps coming back. Had to Con-Del to get out of it. May have to reload if nobody else has the same problem.

I am having the same issue. I have tried uninstalling and downloading again and installing, but each time, entering my profile name results in it telling me it is corrupted. I am unable to play this game.

joancast
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by joancast on Jun 12, 11 4:12 PM
MJZigZag wrote:
three strikes and you're out.

Game froze at the exact same spot every time -- the drawbridge mechanism.

What a drag.

Mine also freezes at the drawbridge mechanism and had to shut the game and computer down. It's so frustrating to come all the way through to this far and have this happen. BFG----What's the problem? It's got to be the game. I played the whole rest of it and it was fine, so it's not my computer. It IS the game. I thought these games were checked out before they were sold. You can't use the very best pc to check them. Most of us don't have the very best pc. Try using an older one to check them and you'll see what the rest of us have to put up with. Big bummer!

jencollett
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Crowbar

[Post New]by jencollett on Jun 12, 11 11:04 PM
I didn't put my crowbar into hole when the SG says I should have. did other stuff, went to bed. Got up read SG, but I have no crowbar so I can't get into workshop

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jun 13, 11 4:22 AM
this game was totally unplayable for me, it has all different colored stripes and you can barely see where it says to enter your name. i have had other games that did the same thing. the first game that did this was deadtime stories and i did all the things to update my computer and nothing helped. have since had a few games with the same problem. i just delete them and wait for one that plays on my computer.

[Post New]by nursefree_spirit on Jun 22, 11 11:07 PM
My game downloads fine but you can't make out anything on the screen once it does. The lines and words are not there. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but it didn't help. would really love to try this game any suggestions

[Post New]by auntchris27 on Jun 27, 11 1:49 PM
I PURCHASED THE GAME AND GOT THE BACKUP DISC AS WELL. THE GAME THATS DOWNLOADED ON MY COMPUTER I FINISHED ALONG WITH THE EXTRA PLAY. MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I WENT TO OPEN UP THE GAME WITH THE SAME PLAYER NAME, OR ANY OTHER, IT SAYS "CHANGE NAME PLAYER, PLAYER NAME CORRUPTED". I TRIED A NEW NAME AND IT SAYS THE SAME! $22.00 FOR A ONCE THRU, WHAT'S UP?!

Go to: