gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 9, 11 7:34 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
The arrow didn't hit the crucifix, it somehow slid it down a rope and out of the way.

No crosses were harmed in the making of this game.

ROFL!!!!!!!

[Post New]by brandy1008 on Jun 9, 11 7:47 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:
The arrow didn't hit the crucifix, it somehow slid it down a rope and out of the way.

No crosses were harmed in the making of this game.

ROFL!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 9, 11 8:25 PM
yes, that trick with the crossbow... had me wondering for a moment but the crucifix was saved! just relocated

i like the game, it's definitely a buy as an SE, but i think i'll be passing on the CE version of this... like it, like seeing familiar faces, like playing from dracula's point of view, like that it runs a little better and faster than the LF origin... there really is a lot to like, i just don't like it $14 worth

and at least this way there will be something for me to play when it comes out again next month!

happy gaming

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Jun 9, 11 8:51 PM
snapnhiss wrote:

No crosses were harmed in the making of this game

Also ROFL!!!!

Haven't DL'd yet just wanted to get an idea what other fishies thought of the game.

Loved Dracula Origin, judging by the comments this is different but definately worth a try, was also suprised by the lack of comment until I read there is another thread, which I'm off to find now.

jojo

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Jun 9, 11 9:32 PM
Yes, I’ll get this. This is just a perfect level of difficult to keep me engaged to the end. I always start with the challenging mode and I liked this game. First off it lived up to the promise not to give me hints and sparkly areas. I could just rely on the cursor changing (that's easy enough). Breezy where it needs to be, great graphics - the h.o. scenes are clear and well done and not too many. Fully and unobtrusively supportive so you can work the game the way you want, friendly and it tries hard with "enthusiastic" voice acting and a try-harder plot emphasis, plus it has the little awards for finding stuff fast, not using hints, etc. which I like. I always appreciate a map, a location completed notice, and hidden areas that autoclose once you have everything you need out of it. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, well not too seriously. I hate Igor but the play is pretty good – you can get a bit lost, but a little sleuthing turns up the clues, some things stay puzzling until some other part is done, so you just keep moving along and ‘trusting’ the game…hmm good philosophy of life! The puzzles were different and challenging enough, but not skippable so far. To me, skippable are when puzzles are a) stupid tough (not tough tough), b) dumb easy, c) time consuming, and that basically you can absolutely gauge the puzzle and its payoff before you play it…all skippable to me.). Good game. On my list to purchase for sure.

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 9:48:53 PM PST

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Jun 9, 11 9:38 PM
FANTASTIC GAME!!
I remember the first game trying to figure out the map in VH's house, and making the crosses where the bodies were found. This one surpassed the original.
I played at my leisure, and thoroughly enjoyed all of the puzzles!!
I enjoyed the mixture of the Hidden Objects as well as trying to figure out what to do next. I also enjoyed the storyline.
Thank you to the developer and Big Fish!
I'm ready for the next Dracula!!

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Jun 9, 11 9:39 PM
laraly wrote:I am agree with some fishes whom draw the lines to this type of game, it's not a matter of vampires itself, but certanly I don't feel to launch an arrow to a crucifix to open a cabinet in the London's location, that's going too far and it's offensive toward Jesus himself and those who believes in him, so I have closed the game and unloaded.
The game it's not that bad, but frankly, vampires or not, I didn't think it was worth it to buy it as C E, the voices talk with an accent not clearly well defined, a mix of indian and maybe estern something? (No offfense) Anyway

Don't worry about Jesus. He's just fine with it I'm sure. It's time to take him off the cross, don't cha think?

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 9, 11 9:53 PM
Wow, but the forum got hot today when I was too busy with work to take a peek! I'm almost tempted to download the game and try the demo because so many people have given positive reviews of the game play, but I don't do vampires. It's not a religious thing, nor even a particularly principled stance: I just found Bram Stokes's novel strange reading as a teenager because of the psychologically weird "relationships," and I decided that real people were weird enough without throwing bloodsucking vampires into the mix. I have read both C&R threads with considerable interest, though, and I had to laugh when I read in one review that you have a choice not to go after humans. The option of playing a "politically correct" vampire obviously didn't dampen the disagreement about the game...!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their comments and reviews. I think I will probably give this game a skip despite the positive comments. And I also still haven't finished [/u]Dreamland[u] yet.

Happy gaming!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 9, 11 10:14 PM
Wow I was sold before the opening cut scene ended!! Campy vamps... what's not to love?

The reviews have pretty well covered it all but you'll have to scroll down to hot waters below to read them. Hopefully some will get reposted here as they're worth it.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 9, 11 10:43 PM
vicalana wrote:I found it totally tedious. Great graphics, not bad gameplay. But do I really want a hint button like that throughout my game? Accents were dreadful. Compared with' Love and Bitten' - which I found absolutely charming - actually maybe that's it - I didn't find this game interesting or charming. And it could have been both. No buy from me.

LOL I loved my little Igor hint-maker! And the voices were hysterical. I'm thinking this is gonna be a "love it or hate it" kinda game. If someone doesn't enjoy campy humor (and maybe some good B movie magic thrown in the mix) then likely they won't enjoy this game.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 9, 11 11:53 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:
vicalana wrote:I found it totally tedious. Great graphics, not bad gameplay. But do I really want a hint button like that throughout my game? Accents were dreadful. Compared with' Love and Bitten' - which I found absolutely charming - actually maybe that's it - I didn't find this game interesting or charming. And it could have been both. No buy from me.

LOL I loved my little Igor hint-maker! And the voices were hysterical. I'm thinking this is gonna be a "love it or hate it" kinda game. If someone doesn't enjoy campy humor (and maybe some good B movie magic thrown in the mix) then likely they won't enjoy this game.

You hit it on the head.. I totally agree. Loved the game. I made comments in the locked comments and B movies are my favorites.

Happy gaming

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Jun 10, 11 12:07 AM
Another game series that started as LFA and is now Hidden Object, just like Art of Murder and Chronicles of Mystery and for that reason I will not be buying, very disappointed! It seems there are not going to be any LFA games left soon

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 10, 11 1:22 AM
(Re-posted from the locked thread)

(C'mon, CasualGran--7 posts 'til )!

Been looking forward to this one since Mudrock's mention on Monday and Howatch's tip that it's from the same developers as Sherlock Holmes--Hound of the Baskervilles. The theme is dark, moody, and broody (it's about Vampires), but the game itself isn't full of shadowy, murky scenes. The storyline is about "strange bedfellows"--SPOILER--Dracula and Van Helsing teaming up to defeat the Queen of the Vampires. (Highlight to see--maybe not a spoiler, but I'd rather be safe).

The main menu is pretty awesome, and the options menu has good choices, including game vs. system cursor (game one was a bit slow for me--I went with system). The voice acting is true for a Vampire story, although Igor's voice could grate on some folks (I thought it was fitting and kind of humorous), Hidden-Object scenes are, for the most part, clear and colorful (as can be, considering the setting). The music ranges from almost uplifting to melancholy. The graphics aren't photo-realistic, but what I'd call water-color perfect. I've so far played in Casual mode (Expert is the other) and there are Sparklies; Igor, the hint machine, re-ups very quickly (it'll take some getting use to him staring at you all the time from the lower right corner!). The Strategy Guide is available during the demo, but only for the length of the demo (still a good touch). Overall game length? Guessing 6+ hours.

This game does have the requisite Vampire props--tombs, coffins, blood, creepy crawlies, bats, a rather deformed assistant, spooky music, stakes, crosses, holy water--read the synopsis on the main game page, then decide. I give it 5 .

(THERE--how's THAT for staying on topic?)

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 10, 11 1:34 AM
(Re-posted from the locked thread)

Kelvarda wrote:Well, goofyduck said it all. So all I will say is, I love this game, played 25 mins just to make sure everything was ok, and I have bought it. Looking forward to a great day (and night!) of playing this after yesterday's Dreamland (which was also FUN.

Remember folks, It's just a GAME! Not real life, get a grip!!

Kel

On the money, Kel! Yo--Christian here (in the majority of those with open minds, I'm hoping)! But last I checked, we're dealing with FICTION here--it's not as if Satan's minions are at the front door, waiting to reap souls. I think this is just another of a long line of "dark-side" games where we need to CONFRONT "fantasy" evil to RECOGNIZE "fantasy" evil. I think the FICTIONAL ideas presented in this game are very original. Sure it's a buy!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 10, 11 1:49 AM
Just my comment on the bonus I thought it was more difficult than the main game. But still loved it. One of my top games of the year.

Blitzmiz
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Blitzmiz on Jun 10, 11 2:03 AM
Dracula origins was a much better game - genuinely creepy, difficult and weirdly sexy. This one has kind of lost its teeth in a welter of silly accents and hidden objects. Still enjoyable though.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 10, 11 9:07 AM
I have enjoyed the game so far and like the puzzles and graphics aren't bad either. Don't think I will buy it as a CE but wait until it's released as a SE. I know you get bonus time but have spent my quota this month. There are so many good reviews and so don't really have any to add.

katbear50
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jun 10, 11 9:45 AM
Very disappointing.
The quality of game all-round was lacking in many ways
Game didn't allow me to think for myself,
"sparkles" everytime I neded to do something, etc
The voice-overs grated on my nerves.
This was in no way worthy of a "CE" catagory nor price tag.
Guess I deserve to get a "Lemon" for automaticly purchasing
w/past game experience in mind,
rather than test-driving it like I should have.

[Post New]by Gram2Boys on Jun 10, 11 10:04 AM
Did not care for any aspect of this game, will not buy. And I am a Hog fanatic.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,272 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 10, 11 10:11 AM
I never played "Dracula Origin", because I don`t buy a game unless I can play the demo to see if the game plays well, to make sure there are no glitches, and to see if I actually like the game enough to buy it.

And I am not really all that much into large file games anymore, so I was rather pleased to see that this game wasn`t another one of those.

Personally, I don`t mind what genre the game is. Whether the games deal with witches, vampires, werewolves, fortune tellers (oooh) or any other "occult" thing - I am easy with that.

I liked the graphics, and I liked the uncluttered H0 scenes. Dracula`s accent was, well, the way he always sounds in a bad movie. But then I didn`t mind so much, because I had to listen to Kate Beckinsale for about 2 hours, doing her Rumanian accent (should have stuck with her English one) in the "Van Helsing" movie. So if I can deal with her accent in that film, I can deal with Dracula`s accent in this game.

What I noticed was that although this is now a HOG, it still has the feel of a LFG, which I didn`t care for. I also own "Hound of the Baskervilles", and liked it enough to buy it as an SE, but not enough to get the CE.
I have the same feelings for this game. While playing the demo for an hour, I was not really grabbed by it. In fact, I was somewhat bored with the game. So I will be waiting for the SE to come out, before deciding whether I want to buy this game or not.

Go to: