Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chloe's Dream Resort

[Post New]by Csgentry on Jun 11, 11 6:08 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I have betatested this game and loved it. I think, if you are a fan from time management games (especially the dash games) you should try and probably will love this game too. Happy gaming everyone. Its a buy for me of course

I played it yesterday and I'm planning to buy it too. I think it's a very cute TM game.

Tm fans should at least try the free trial.

iPuppy
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by iPuppy on Jun 11, 11 7:34 AM
CDR is a very good game, however a couple of things threw me off:

- Lack of storyline, it would've been nice if we got a cut scene every start and end of the resort.

- Little help, The only help you get is the at the first few levels of each resort and every time a new customer is introduced, putting in a help guide would've made things much better.

- Impossible Expert, it pretty much becomes impossible to obtain the expert goal unless you save up to boost the hotel rooms and services that make you money, your upgrades stay so you can go back and do over the levels you didn't get expert on.

If there is a sequel there is definitely much potential for improvement (I'd love to see a sequel)

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Jun 11, 11 10:49 PM
This game is to easy. and it's slow. I wasted 6.99 for this game. I would of rather waited until it was on sale. Finished it fast and got all expert with one try. I need a challenging game, unfortunately for me I'm having trouble downloading the games I really want, flashplayer difficulties. YUCK. The game Farm Life was great.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jun 12, 11 1:08 AM
Only on the second resort, only a few levels were an expert challenge but I would guess I'm still early into it.
I figure it will be easily "winnable" and won't have long term sustanability but it was so cute & something fresh for TM so I bought.

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Jun 12, 11 4:46 AM
I'm a TM fan, but I didn't really enjoy this one. I did like the premise, but then the storyline doesn't seem to go anywhere. To me, the graphics look outdated. The animations are extremely basic, and certainly not of the nice crisp standard of the Sally games, for example. I also found it quite annoying at the first resort how the snow would swirl around when the snowman was going to come - it really interrupted the flow of the gameplay for me.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Jun 12, 11 7:47 AM
I really wanted to like this game, but it reminded me too much of the Dash hotel games. I do not like having to drag the people from one spot to another, and tho the premise and graphics are cute, the game just has not excitement except to see how angry a customer gets how fast. I can't say anything about the music because I always play with the music turned off, sorry. This is not a buy for me, still searching for that game that will excite me!! This isn't it. Too unimaginative for me.

delarosa2
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by delarosa2 on Jun 12, 11 12:15 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
TeamSD wrote:
There're 5 resorts in total, and each one has different theme and features so you will not get bored at all!

Great game, loved it!

Sounds good, but what kind of weapons are there? Are there any turrets? I love turrets.

delarosa2
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by delarosa2 on Jun 12, 11 12:20 PM
I am enjoying this game. Love the characters and refreshing variety of tasks (other than feeding people). I'm only on the second resort but so far so good.

As for weapons.... the only one I've seen so far is the bird poop that lands on some people at the beach and completely covers them until you click on them. LOL

I agree about the smoores looking strange - they look like a sock puppet to me.

Need more tutorial on the second resort first level. I lost a lot of people before I figured out they wanted to go in the submarine.

Characters are colorful but I don't like the yentis or giant frogs that pop up. I understand their purpose but would prefer a different kind of distraction.

look forward to the next resort. Thanks

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Jun 12, 11 8:33 PM
I beta tested this game and watched for it's release. It's every bit as fun as I thought it would be and I played till I got to the second resort and bought it. As other's have previously described each resort is different and some of the chores are different than I've seen in past games. Just plain fun and a nice break away from HOGS.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Jun 12, 11 10:57 PM
As much as I like TM games, I couldn't appreciate this one. Maybe since I love DD, I didn't like the knock off. It was a little boring. I think the most annoying this was the lack of descriptions for the upgrades - a title and picture didn't tell me what benefits it provided.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 10:57:31 PM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 13, 11 11:08 AM
I think this is a really nice TM game. To me it is reminiscent of the "Emily" games which unfortunately are not available on . It is nice to have a TM game that has a different theme than farming ! I personally preferred this to the Jet Set Go game that has a similar theme. For me this game changes things up more between resorts & the tasks are new & fun. I also thought the mini-games between scenes were fun & kept my interest. I am regretting buying Jet Set Go & wish I could have bought this one instead. My only minimal peeve is I prefer games where I can double click the characters to move them rather than dragging. Other than that though, having played the first two resorts, this is my favorite TM release of the past couple months.

Not sure about the above comment on the upgrades? If you hover over the item it tells you what it costs & what the benefits are (I think).

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 11:11:05 AM PST

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Jun 13, 11 1:30 PM
No buy for me and I'm fairly desperate for TM games right now.

First off, I deeply dislike drag and drop games. They never work properly for me (I'm probably too hyper) so the drag-ees often snap back and that's just annoying.

Second, the dream monster still pops up requiring you to click it over and over to get rid of and that's just not fun. (I beta-ed this game and that was my major peeve.)

Third, and most important, to me it's just not fun. I'm an avid TM lover but not when it feels like work. Irritated customers and chaos feels like when I was the manager of a huge bookstore in downtown San Francisco during Christmastime. Suffice it to say, I quit that job and moved on.

I do love the graphics, I love the premise, I just don't like the game play.

I adored Bistro Boulevard and hope BB2 will come out soon.

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Jun 15, 11 1:55 AM
I like this game. I just had to stop playing becuase it was going faster each level and customers and snowman got to be too much. lol I still like the graphic and scenery. It is pretty cool!

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Jun 16, 11 2:15 PM
fun game

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Jun 18, 11 5:03 PM
Kebbielebbie wrote:As much as I like TM games, I couldn't appreciate this one. Maybe since I love DD, I didn't like the knock off. It was a little boring. I think the most annoying this was the lack of descriptions for the upgrades - a title and picture didn't tell me what benefits it provided.

I agree a little descripton of what the upgrades are for would help me decide what to buy. But even without upgrades I had no problem getting expert on all levels.

Cute game, pretty fun. Simple graphics. Easy and no trouble with a timer

[Post New]by ItsJust4Fun on Jun 20, 11 2:07 PM
I am REALLY sorry I bought this game today It is VERY easy and I thought that as the game progressed it would get more difficult... NO! I find NO challenge in this (I do play ALOT of these games too so maybe someone who doesn't MIGHT find this challenging) Wish I would have went with another game to use my monthly game.... Now Im gonna have to replay an old game til I decide if I want to spend another $6.99 on a different game... It is cute, but that is about it.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Jun 26, 11 6:36 AM
I am glad some of you like this, but it is a no sale for me. Just didn't retain my interest. MPFP and Royal Envoy are more my style. Even Dash games, tho they are not doing so well with me lately. All you fishies, enjoy but it is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by thelizzes on Jun 26, 11 9:35 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Most TM games rely on chaining actions to get expert scores, but this one didn't- tips were the key. I found it challenging at times, but not frustratingly so. Story was cute, too.

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Jul 6, 11 8:06 AM
Cute and pretty fun.
I haven't liked all the resorts, especially I don't like the last one, but cute.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jul 8, 11 1:56 PM

Once the bigfeets started jumping out of the bushes I couldn't play anymore - too scary. You know, with all the rustling around going on in those bushes, it kinda makes you wonder what the heck they're doing in there. I mean, do they really need to jump out and scare the pants off me? It's not like I'm going to peek or anything. Sheesh. Even if I did happen to glance over and see what they were doing, their secret is my secret. Then again, I suppose they've been given similar assurances in the past only to be burned. Nobody can keep a promise these days.

Go to: