Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Battle Slots

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 15, 11 12:06 PM

littletanpom wrote:
However, there is one thing I don't understand - how Ruins work. I don't really understand how they really influence the game.

As long as you have a rune installed, you'll gain it's inherent benefits during a battle (e.g. The Rune of Riches increases all gold earned in a battle by 10%). You can buy runes at the store in town, or win them in battle. If you have runes in stock, go to the Academy in town and you'll see a column where you can install the runes. Click on one of the slots and you can choose to install one of your runes into that slot. You can equip up to five runes at a time, and you can change the runes you have equipped at the Academy whenever necessary.

If you feel your character is too weak in battle, just fight random battles at the various locations on the map in order to level up, win new slot tokens and runes, and earn money for upgrades and items in town. When you enter a map location, click on the "Go Hunting" button at the top right corner of the screen to initiate a random battle. Leveling up can be a grind, but it's a good way to increase your advantage in battle.

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 6:59:18 PM PST

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jun 19, 11 8:59 AM
interesting concept, boring execution. this game would have been way more fun with more interaction. as it is you're just sitting there spinning a slot machine waiting for some kind of result. i like the basic story line and the idea of his game and the graphics aren't bad. i think i just need a little more to do.

to those who enjoy this sort of thing i wish you happy gaming

AgnesKite
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by AgnesKite on Jun 22, 11 2:05 AM
I was rather enjoying this game until I got stuck on a dead end on the map between two cities/destinations. There's a particular enemy that is blocking my path and which I don't have the right spell setup to beat. Every time I flee or die (the latter of which is happening repeatedly), I get sent back to the same end of my path that has nothing to do, and the monster is sitting right in front of the next town, so I can't even level up enough to be able to beat it, as I can't go anywhere. I realize there are a lot of factors that go into building a game like this, but it would have been nice for the developers to have been able to plan for just such a scenario. I have the full version of the game (thank goodness it was purchased with a free game code I received last month or I'd really be upset), and was a decent way through the game already, so I don't relish the idea of having to start all over again for something I can't even call a glitch. Sigh...

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Jun 23, 11 5:04 AM
I am not a slots fan, but this worked for me. RPG type games usually have invisible dice determining the outcome and this is the most unique set of "dice" I have seen yet. Seeing for myself how the rolls happen makes that much better.

I was sold even before half the demo was done.

Nightowl33
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Nightowl33 on Jul 24, 11 11:14 PM
I'm also a previous Puzzle quest fan and I really like this new take on things. I find the key to advancing is to do a lot of hunting in the early stages (probably also the later stages) to get a lot of spells. The best spell I've found in and around Hearthstone was "Cleansing" which allows you to get rid of all negative conditions the opponent can throw at you. Having a healing spell is necessary until you have a huge amount of health points.

A couple of things I would like to change - when you go hunting anything beneath you (paltry opponent) would not show up. The next thing is the number of saves permitted (I'd like at least 5 for all the members in my family to try it) should be increased. Also, more variety of pictures of the hero/heroine.

Other than that, keep up the great work. I'd like to see a sequel or two or three!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jan 5, 12 2:12 AM
I'm downloading the full version of the game now, so I only have a tentative review, but so far I really, really like it. It's been a long time since I bought a game, even though I've demoed about 4 in the last 24 hours, but I knew I was going to get this one after just a few minutes.

The combination of slots and strategy is quite intriguing, and since I've never played a game like this before, I welcome this unique challenge.

My only complaint so far is that I didn't realize that it was a half download to demo, and I'm just aching for the whole game to download so I can continue playing.

So far: B+ ... A super fun slot game that caters to strategists and adventurers.

Go to: