Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dreams of a Geisha

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 12, 11 12:02 PM
A Match 3 game that is lots of fun and different. Like the 3 modes of game play too. Haven't bought a Match 3 in quite some time but this might be the one. Have 30 min to go on my trial and will see what I think at the end.. Everyone seems to like it..

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 12, 11 12:37 PM
Great review Goofy. I really enjoyed the bit I played and this game could make a nice change. Liked the graphics, rice bowls, bonzaïs, sandals, etc. First puzzle really easy. Might spend a pc credit but will wait till tomorrow, may be an excellent SE will appear, though they seem to be fast disappearing in favour of good CE...

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 12, 11 12:47 PM
I thought I might like this game but, after about ten minutes, I un-installed it. Granted it's very pretty and the graphics are really nice but the game play for me was not to my liking. While playing the first board, I was constantly being interrupted and told to rotate the board. After repeated interruptions, I decided the game wasn't for me. My favorite game genure is IHOGS but I do like some match-3 games. I'll just go back to ones like Hidden Wonders Of The Depths 3, another match-3 but one that's much more enjoyable with no interruptions.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 12, 11 1:30 PM
Poutoule wrote:Great review Goofy. I really enjoyed the bit I played and this game could make a nice change. Liked the graphics, rice bowls, bonzaïs, sandals, etc. First puzzle really easy. Might spend a pc credit but will wait till tomorrow, may be an excellent SE will appear, though they seem to be fast disappearing in favour of good CE...

yeah, i was hoping dark dimensions: city of fog would appear over the weekend, but... i will take a beautiful geisha M3 with soft and moving music... my weakness is the "token in hand" method... but maybe practice will simply make me better at it

happy dreaming

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 12, 11 1:54 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I thought I might like this game but, after about ten minutes, I un-installed it. Granted it's very pretty and the graphics are really nice but the game play for me was not to my liking. While playing the first board, I was constantly being interrupted and told to rotate the board. After repeated interruptions, I decided the game wasn't for me. My favorite game genure is IHOGS but I do like some match-3 games. I'll just go back to ones like Hidden Wonders Of The Depths 3, another match-3 but one that's much more enjoyable with no interruptions.

i was very happy when i checked the "options" menu and found that you can "uncheck" the hints and not once did i have an issue with the game giving me too much information just like in some HOGs, there is sometimes a way to tell the game to 'shut up, already, and let me play my game!'

BTW did you ever check out Robin's Island Adventure - very good! there were some really challenging boards in that one once you really got into it!

happy matching

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jun 12, 11 4:53 PM
Hi all, Oh my goodness! What a charming little game! I became enchanted by the music and wonderful sound effects, not to mention the beautiful concept of the game. After playing it for the trial period I had no hesitation about buying it.
The puzzles are rather too simple but overall the game is one of those gorgeous anti-stress types which you can play and get lost in the whole experience.
Just lovely!!!
Thanks again Big Fish and lots of love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 12, 11 6:05 PM
This is a really nice game. If you are a Match 3 fan. it is a must. The scenes are simply gorgeous! The storyline is interesting and the music pretty and authentic. Each section of Match three has a slight variation, such as popping, so it makes the game more enjoyable. In my hour demo, I got halfway through the third section and it looked like there were four total so I'm not sure the game is very long. Still, a nice enjoyable way to spend an hour.

LasVixen
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by LasVixen on Jun 12, 11 8:07 PM
I cant wait to download and try this one. [removed by moderator] Today, it's either a year or two-cant recall, that we switched from analog signal to digital. I am still unhappy about it.

Still no 100 degree temp here yet (Las Vegas) I'm all for that.

Gotta go cause I am excited to play Dreams of a Geisha. Soon, I will need another computer just to hold my games.

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 3:51:58 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 13, 11 1:08 AM
I like this game. The graphics are nice, and the images are fun to look at. I also like the fact that there are different ways to play the game, that you have to put together puzzles, that you can move the boards around so you never really get stuck, that you have to bring the key to the chest, and that I can play the game in relaxed mode - very important to me.

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on Jun 13, 11 11:25 AM
Just played the demo and really liked this game. I play a variety of types of games and this one fills the bill for M3 games. The music is very nice, too. I usually turn off sound but not on this one. I will buy this one.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Jun 13, 11 11:49 AM
Goofyduck did a great review. I also love this game. It has variety and is relaxing (but you could play timed mode) and the puzzles are simple. I hate games where it seems like there's no way in the world I can get done with them and this is NOT one of those. A great game!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 13, 11 3:34 PM
well, after playing a bit more... i have decided that i want to be the one to choose what mode i play in... it's what turned me off of eco-match inevitably and although i was able to do some doctoring with this one... there's a whole temple of each mode, and that's a whole temple to struggle through if i want to play the game all the way through once, let alone again and again...

so close

[Post New]by Little_Jimmy on Jun 13, 11 7:27 PM
Have to agree with most of you fishes, this game is really nice. I'm not a big fan of match3, but this one is at least challenging. Rotate the board to make the empty tiles get filled by tokens is a nice feature. I have showed this game to my mom (she have been in Japan once) and she's in love with it. Here we go again watch the move Memoirs of a Geisha

[Post New]by Little_Jimmy on Jun 13, 11 7:38 PM
I forgot to say, being I big fan of Geisha, my mom took a picture with a real Geisha by the time she was in Japan. I wish I could show it to you fishes. So cute my mom and a real geisha

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 8:12:36 PM PST

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Jun 14, 11 7:18 PM
I did the demo and bought it with 28 minutes remaining. The game reminds me of "Ancient Quest Of Sqqarch". There are a lot of things that are the same - chains, pop, and move the hand. I enjoyed that game and am having fun with this one. It looks like it is a bit easier, but both games are fun.

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Jun 16, 11 8:56 AM
Beautiful, simply beautiful and very relaxing to play. Bought it right away.

Very nice break from HOG's.

[Post New]by goldilocks41 on Jun 19, 11 9:15 AM
This is an absolutely marvelous game, one of the best match 3 games I have played. There are different puzzles which make it more interesting. I have only played te relaxed mode and I must say it is very relaxing. The music is pleasant too. Well Done.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 19, 11 5:30 PM
Although I'm not a huge match 3 game player, I have purchased a few with a twist in them, along the way.

This one I quite like, and purchased straight away. It is a very long match 3 game, and with a variety of ways to play. There is some strategy involved, but nothing mind bending. Still though, it beats just clicking mindlessly to match 3 or more of a kind.

Graphics are pretty, but basically simple. The music is nice, and very relaxing as others have mentioned. All in all, I enjoyed the demo, and purchased the game.

Edited on 06/19/2011 at 5:30:55 PM PST

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Jun 23, 11 11:12 AM
The graphics are quite beautiful and the game play is smooth. The game offers a relaxed mode to play as you please. I like how this game respects the culture of the Geisha. They do not stereotype them in this game.Very nicely done!

[Post New]by stingmaster on Jun 27, 11 6:36 PM
Hello all....
Thanks for the wonderful reviews! I had a chance also to beta test this game and I thought it was also a charming break from the HOG games....I thought the graphics were nice.....but I'm not too much a fan of the music(sorry...of any game) so basically i usually turn down the music....It's how I play..... The story line was good.....and fun to follow so I am deciding to buy this game.....Just for a little change......enjoy the evening all....Cheers!

Go to: