jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Timebuilders: Caveman's Prophecy

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 14, 11 7:02 AM

I really detest TM games and view them as work without pay ...BUT this game is actually FUN.

Its a buy!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 14, 11 7:16 AM
Needless to say I WILL be buying this one! I LOVED the first in the series (Pyramids) and am equally in love with this one.

I really like that the actual characters are the same (even same names) as those in the first of the series. It's quite funny.

As to the houses being just thrown together from just rocks...
Well, it IS cavemen. What else were they going to build with?

I like that you can put it in HD mode to get a clearer picture as well. I like the little bird-like creature that hops in the air and makes a trilling noise, really cute. And I see the fox is back as well.

Haven't gotten to far yet, but had to stop to come in here and comment. Can't wait to see what they do to replace the thieves. Great fun - looking forward to many happy hours trying to get gold, then beat my times.
Yahoo!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 14, 11 7:19 AM
cstdenis wrote:Needless to say I WILL be buying this one! I LOVED the first in the series (Pyramids) and am equally in love with this one.

I really like that the actual characters are the same (even same names) as those in the first of the series. It's quite funny.

As to the houses being just thrown together from just rocks...
Well, it IS cavemen. What else were they going to build with?

I like that you can put it in HD mode to get a clearer picture as well. I like the little bird-like creature that hops in the air and makes a trilling noise, really cute. And I see the fox is back as well.

Haven't gotten to far yet, but had to stop to come in here and comment. Can't wait to see what they do to replace the thieves. Great fun - looking forward to many happy hours trying to get gold, then beat my times.
Yahoo!!

wont give it away...but the thieve in this one is a blast to shake

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Jun 14, 11 9:58 AM
Sometimes it is nice to just play a game that makes you smile. No rhyme, no reason, no evil, just fun. Gosh, where did just plain old fun go? I guess it is point of view. Well as an "over the hill" gal, this game is just plain old fun.

Ivonova
Time for an attitude check. Mmmmm, grinning.

[Post New]by LadyHoneyBabe on Jun 14, 11 12:31 PM
Love the TM games like, My Kingdom, Royal Envoy and Time Builders. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the new Time Builders game today and I can't wait to get home and play it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 14, 11 12:52 PM
jkuci wrote:
I really detest TM games and view them as work without pay ...BUT this game is actually FUN.

Its a buy!

i was a hog only for quite a while, till a bad hog draught a few months ago i tried royal envoy cause i heard so much,,,,and i was hooked, these types of tm games (still need thier own name...lots of people pass up when they see tm) are fun, and a great go to game when there are no hogs in sight.......most are untimed, or the timer is just to get gold, doesnt stop you from moving on..i hate regular tms also

anywho, if you want a list of building games just pm me

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Jun 14, 11 1:36 PM
Thanks BFG, this one gets a big thumbs up!!! I am one happy camper today!!!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jun 14, 11 2:24 PM
Since I loved the first one brought this one without trying. Not dissapointed at all. It has a great replay value. I have a lot of levels in this one I'll be playiing over and over and over to get that stone. But at least we get to complete the levels. I thought I was doing great getting stones up to the 14 level then zap they took the wind right out of my sails...I've only gotten 2 gold since then. Taking a break for a little while then back in for more abuse. On level 22 and it looks like I'm about 1/2 way through the game.

Meldandy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Meldandy on Jun 14, 11 3:40 PM
I just played the demo and I liked the little changes the designers cooked up to make it different from Pyramid Builders (which I loved). I like the eggs and the plants that respawn resources. That is an interesting way to have "chests" of goodies in play. Is it similar to the other game? Sure, but the bigger questions are "did I have fun?" and "will I buy the game?" I would have to answer yes to both questions.

ddhuntress
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ddhuntress on Jun 14, 11 3:41 PM
THANK YOU, BF!!! I say not enough Time Management/Sim/Build games compared with Hidden Object, so pleasantly surprised to be able to Beta the sequel to Pyramids Rising then find it available for purchase so quickly!

Characters are adorable - happy that the creators continued the Victory Dances. Not a sophisticated, overly technical game, which is perfectly fine with me...I play for relaxation and the repetitive challenge.

This game is cute, cute, cute!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jun 14, 11 3:44 PM
Love this game Got it, so went to try the first timebuilders and when I try to put it on full screen it cuts some of the info off at the top, so I can't see how I stand.

I really don't want to try to play it in windowed mode, my glasses are already thick enough, would break my neck trying to see everything.

I love how the women shake their head and make their hair fly at the end of each level. Just hilarious.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Jun 14, 11 3:55 PM
Hi, Csustar. Try this. Click on ''help'' upper right of screen with the question mark. Then, on lower left click on technical issues under the ''Browse by topic'' section. In technical issues toward the bottom click on ''screen resolution'' and follow the instructions there. It worked like magic for me when I had similar problems so I hope you have similar luck.

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Jun 14, 11 4:10 PM
Love this game, loved the first, now wish the Royal Envoy people will release the sequel.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 14, 11 6:49 PM
love these guys!! so happy to see something new that i actually like

i played through the first ten levels and i have had so much fun... almost lost track of time, so i decided i should back out and buy before i hit a "time's up!" and cry NO!!!

the characters are awesome... and i don't exactly know why the egg - i am very familiar with a caveman movie that featured one - but i like it! and the >whomp< on the dinosaur that resulted in no dino bbq? too funny!

great improvement over yesterday's "farm 2" but not quite scratching the itch for YF3: seasons... still, it will hopefully occupy me for a little while... after all, it's a must have!

man-eating plants vs. crocodiles? hmmmm

Replayer
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Replayer on Jun 14, 11 7:34 PM
I am in the extra levels, level #43, and I cannot see any way to make it through. You have to destroy a bunch of monsters, but I can't figure out how to get enough resources to do so.

Will keep working on it, but if any has the solution, sure would like to know.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 14, 11 8:30 PM
Replayer wrote:I am in the extra levels, level #43, and I cannot see any way to make it through. You have to destroy a bunch of monsters, but I can't figure out how to get enough resources to do so.

Will keep working on it, but if any has the solution, sure would like to know.

I'm really enjoying this game but I suspect I won't get to level 43 until sometime after New Years so congratulations for even getting there!!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 14, 11 8:40 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! BF you are the greatest! I love these building TM games and just can't get enough of them. This one was quickly purchased after my hour demo.

While I didn't enjoy this one as well as the Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising, this is still a fun game. Maybe it is the storyline that throws me off a bit. Still, the added tasks such as the egg hatching, are new and different. Everything about these games is great and while they aren't Royal Envoy, they are well up there is quality and value. Thanks for offering this today, BF, it made my day!

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 8:41:16 PM PST

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Jun 15, 11 2:03 AM
Why oh why is it taking so long to download!!!!! I can't wait to start playing... I want it NOW!!!! thank you BF

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Jun 15, 11 2:56 AM
Wooo loving it. Perfect timing for this release too as I gave up smoking yesterday and have been so stressed looking for something to occupy me. Cleaned the house till it's rubbed raw and done the garden. Cats are avoiding me in case I brush them again so this is a perfect time for me to find a new absorbing game. Done the first 8 levels and got the stones but I had to start 1 level over again so I'm looking forward to a couple of days of interesting gameplay. Off to buy it now. Have fun fishies. x Gran

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 15, 11 4:25 PM
I didn't like this game at all. The screen is so truncated, even though I was not in windowed mode, it seemed as if everything was on top of one another. I know that the space is in the proper proportions but the overcrowding due to screen size makes the game unpleasant to play. This is a no buy for me. The first Time Builders played in full screen. I don't know why this one doesn't.

Go to: