Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidato Adventures

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 15, 11 12:27 PM
I don't think this is one of those games that you just sit down and play from the beginning to end. It's more of a game that you turn to, like Fairway Solitaire and Azada, when you get tired of playing your usual games and want a change-of-pace for a while.

[Post New]by PebbleNRockRose on Jun 16, 11 7:48 PM
The trial went way too quick! Wonderful game if you like numbers and logic style puzzles. If I didn't have two others games that were waiting for me to complete it'd be purchased tonight.

Thanks for this game! It's soothing in a rhythmical sort of way and just the kind of game I like to play before bedtime.

Happy dance for this one!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 19, 11 4:35 PM
Used to play this game with paper and pencil either once a week in
Parade Magazine or once a month in AARP. Really enjoyed it then.
Have only played 3 boards so far, but will be using a coupon on it.

For me, it will be play only a couple of boards per session as a
break from other things. It's really a good brain workout in
small doses, in my humble opinion.

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on Jun 22, 11 9:59 AM
I think the graphics are awful. The outline of the shape is too light against the light brown background. I have gotten stuck several times thinking I couldn't find a
solution when I realized there was actually an extra square in the shape I didn't
see, or a square I thought was there which was actually missing (a crenulation).
I would also like to see the completed parts of the path connected by lines.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jul 2, 11 11:11 PM
I like this game alot. Bpup gave such a rave and succinct review, I kept it in my BFG on-hold bin for a month, waiting for a game credit. Bought it today! Probably played a little too long this evening (starting at 10pm). My mind is more numbers than words right now. Just wanted to post. It's a logic game and another fish here says it's best to intersperse this game play with the likes of Azada and Fairway Solitaire.

$4.99 July 4th Special. Estimated 300+ games. Try it. Well worth your time and the purchase price.

[Post New]by trisharific on Jul 18, 11 12:30 AM
I like this game and I bought it. I'm upset now though because it doesn't save my progress. If I close and reopen it, I have to start all over again at the first one.

schubert2
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by schubert2 on Jul 20, 11 10:14 AM
This is a great logic game. One hint to make the game much more enjoyable: To make picking the next number tile to place easier, completely ignore the tile selection chooser at the bottom of the screen. Instead, simply click on a gold tile on the board. You will now be able to place the next available tile above the gold tile clicked on. If you want the next tile available below the gold tile, simply click on the same gold tile again. So much easier! Don't click on silver tiles (tiles you've placed) or your tile is removed. If this happens it's no big deal, just click on the same area to replace it. Before I discovered this method of picking tiles, the game play was cumbersome. Using this method makes the game elegant in its design. Enjoy!

Selina12775
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,462 Posts

[Post New]by Selina12775 on Jul 23, 11 9:13 AM
I truly enjoyed this game.......................but I DO agree, it is more of a logic type puzzle (which I love)...........................unlike some others, my progress was not lost. I've made it most of the way through, and find most of the puzzles to be on the easier side (I, like another player finished one of the puzzle they give you 600 seconds to finish about 90 seconds)- but further in the game I could not finish one they gave you 480 seconds to finish (at least in the alloted time)............I have open seven books.............................................it is a great game and worth the money.

Selina12775
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,462 Posts

[Post New]by Selina12775 on Jul 27, 11 12:08 PM
Okay, I finished the map.......................but, when I played the games in one of the books, my progress was not saved.................any ideas??

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Aug 4, 11 7:53 PM
I bought this as DD. For the number of hours of play time, it would have been worth full price (and by full price I mean $20 or whatever the full retail that no one actually pays is). I somehow managed to miss it before it was a DD, but I'm glad I saw it then. This is pure logic puzzle, so if you don't want to have to spend time thinking as you game you aren't going to like this. If I could figure out how to make my interviewees play this for 15 minutes while I evaluated their skills, I would. I might be able to save myself a lot of grief that way.

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by moochorama on Aug 23, 11 3:32 PM
Oh, this was a DD so recently? I totally missed that. Anyway, I bought it a couple of days ago and am not sorry to have paid a credit for it. I hadn't seen this type of puzzle before, I came across it in "Nancy Drew - Shadow at the Water's Edge" and was completely hooked (I still haven't finished the ND game because I keep playing Hidato ), so I was happy when I found there was a whole game full of Hidato puzzles on here.

It's a great puzzle game with LOTS of puzzles that keep getting more difficult and bigger as the game progresses. I haven't had any real problems so far though (and I'm on the last book in the puzzle library now); I could have done with a couple more of the highest difficulty puzzles.

People worrying about the timer shouldn't be worrying *too* much, in the whole game I haven't even come close to running out of time. That doesn't mean that it's too easy, but the challenges are really not too hard either.

It's a good game, I'm glad I bought it. Recommended to people who like logic puzzles and who like to have a game they can play in between stuff.

[Post New]by James0213 on Aug 26, 11 5:16 PM
I enjoyed most of this game. The only problem is that I cannot understand the chess moves portion. I wish it would also let you set profiles or at least have a re-set option. I don't know if I am happy with purchasing this game. If I was asked to reccomend I would not.

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by moochorama on Oct 11, 11 1:25 PM
James0213, you can reset the game by clicking on the "options" button. There's a reset button there that clears all puzzles and the library, so you can start over again.

Edit: Oh, and by the way I don't really get the knight's puzzles either. <.< I get stuck at some point and can't find a logical next step. To me it seems to be all guesswork, so I don't even bother with the knight's puzzles anymore.

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 1:28:19 PM PST

[Post New]by lauraterese on Oct 12, 11 5:38 PM
It looks like fun but the mouse started flashing and then the board mixed up numbers, switching a played 10 with for the 22 I wanted. It stuck the 22 where the 10 had been played. I stopped playing and will give it a bit to have an update..... I still have plenty of time on my trial. It looked like it go be worth a look. I enjoy Sudoku and Mosaics, and it made me think a little of both.

Go to: