Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Montezuma 3

[Post New]by emfer3010 on Jun 21, 11 1:05 PM
This game reminds me a lot of the first treasure, but very fast paced. Even in relaxed mode it's a tough baby to crack. Still I love it!!!! You have only 1 minute to collect as much points as you can get. In every level you have to collect 4 medals to get a star so you buy power ups. There are bonus games to earn extra stars, but you can skip them.

I'm now in the fourth door and it's getting really though now.
Not a game for faint of heart.

[Post New]by palcatt on Jun 21, 11 10:13 PM
The graphics are stunning, a real delight. Very spunky and visually rich. The treasure boxes are a wonderful idea and I enjoy each new background very much. That said I wish there was an option to play without the timer. I play to relax and enjoy myself and this is more stressful than pleasureable. One minute rounds are all there is and one minute is not long enough to even be a part of the game. I feel that I'm being forced to perform in one minute races against a clock that I don't appreciate to begin with. I also felt very disappointed near the end of level three to realize the game is "rigged" so to speak to purposely make me lose the same round over and over. Say the required score is 385,000, the board I have to play has so little on it to match that it frequently reshuffles itself and the best score I can get is 14,000 to 70,000 for ten tries in a row. As soon as it becomes obvious to me that's what's going on I lose all interest in the game. If they're going to do that sort of stuff, as many of these games do, they need to be slicker about it. This is too obvious.

The game did crash in the second to the last box in level three. In level 4, box 1, several of the squares became empty at the bottom of the grid for a few seconds and then the game crashed again. I hope they can get the bugs out pretty quick.

I would sincerely request they add the option to not play against the clock at all so the game could still be enjoyed by people who don't think getting all you can as fast as possible is the point of doing anything. I would also request the timed game levels have some variation in the length of play, some at two minutes, some at five. That would break up the rather crushing monotony of one minute sprints throughout the entire game. That got old within the first level.

Still, beautifully done and it is obvious that a lot of work and care went into the design. I am one who very much appreciates nice graphics and as I said before, they've done a lovely job there.

[Post New]by palcatt on Jun 21, 11 11:39 PM
Oh no. At level 4 upon opening the game all player history for both players is gone.
This is not okay. I'm uninstalling this until it gets debugged.

[Post New]by MaryPattySue on Jun 26, 11 9:15 PM
I love this game. This one is my favourite out of all three. I really like the fact you can switch between expert and casual. Everyone once in a while when I can't pass the high score I need, I go back to casual where you have to get less points. Still challenging though.

[Post New]by BancForce on Jun 30, 11 8:50 PM
You need to be quick with the minute timer going during each challange. Quick with your eye's and curser to make matches and patience when it's impossible to score enough points because the matches aren't there to make. I've completed the casual level and when my eyes can focus again I'll be trying the expert level. After beating the game your total score is listed but then disappears when you start playing again. The mini bonus games are not easy and I gave up trying to do them after a while, lots of trial and error and memorization is needed. Overall the game is challanging and time consuming as you progress. If you like match 3 games this is a good one to test your skills.

Edited on 06/30/2011 at 8:51:20 PM PST

[Post New]by JoeBee1 on Jul 3, 11 11:37 PM
What a shame, that such a beautifully constructed game is for only advanced players. The scoring reminded me of pinball machine scoring. All the bells and whistles together with plenty of eye candy, but the game is out of my league. I'll buy it immediately when "The Treasures of Montezuma 3 for Dummies" is released.
I was never a pinball wizard(not even close). But I enjoyed watching the experts.
I can't watch an expert play this game, which would be some fun, so I'll pass.
A wonderful game lost to the multitudes. A major adjustment for advancing in the game is sorely needed !
JoeBee

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 11:43:03 PM PST

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Jul 5, 11 8:10 AM

I had a blast but noticed I was holding my breath as I flashed back and forth making matches. I could only take 10 minutes of the music. The pace was frenzied enough without the demanding music. Love the graphics. I'm playing in casual mode and find there is nothing casual with the one minute timer hanging over ones head. I've purchased a few power ups and that has made a huge difference. The points are really adding up now. I liked the one mini game and it was an easy way to earn another star.
I have 36 mins left yet I feel as tho I have been playing for hours due to the intensity of the game. Don't play this one when you are looking for a relaxing M3. On the other hand, when you want a really good challenge this is it.
This one is on my "buy" list.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Jul 10, 11 3:48 PM
I have just finished the game in expert mode, and I'll admit it wasn't easy. The scores you must reach in order to complete each level are very demanding. The magic stars, in my opinion, are not achievable unless you redo those levels later during the game. The only magic star I was able to obtain without having to go back to the level, was the one in the last chest of the last room!? In expert mode, you just have to be unbelievably fast and very observant!

[Post New]by styxdancer on Jul 10, 11 6:18 PM
I have to admit, I do love a good relaxing match 3. This is a faster pace, but very fun if your nerves can handle it. You've got to be quick. I'm almost through room 2 and can't wait to challenge myself with the other rooms. So far, I've only got a couple of "shame" medals. The good thing about this game is if you can keep up, you can get through the rooms in a fairly short amount of time.

I like that you can achieve extra stars by hitting the target high score. Lets you get earn power ups more quickly.

A tip for people trying the game out who want to get the higher scores quickly... Look for gems and match them first. Once you have the totem power ups, make 2 matches of the same color in a row as often as you can.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 11, 11 8:28 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 4 stars
Story – N/A
Music/Sounds – 4 stars
Gameplay – 5 stars
Overall – 3.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by chalee77 on Jul 13, 11 4:07 AM
Eversince i bought this game, i have been playing it everyday. It may seem simple but it 's a wonderful game.

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Jul 13, 11 1:10 PM
i have finished twice in the casual and once in the expert. only recieving a a silver gem at the end. do you have to complete all the bonus rounds to earn a gold gem?

[Post New]by drucilla19713 on Jul 15, 11 7:20 AM
rainice wrote:I didn't like the fact that even the casual mode has a timer. I like M3 games that are relaxing. This one, even in the casual mode, is not, so I quit after 4 minutes.

[Post New]by ZhaneEndrick on Jul 16, 11 5:55 AM
Finally, another game has ousted Ancient Quest of Saqqarah as my favorite Match-3. Like many, I was unsure of what I thought at first, as the one minute timer is very restrictive. However, as I continued to play, I began to see just how incredibly well balanced everything is. The longest round I've played was just over two minutes (thanks to power-ups), so if you are good at insanely quick strategy, you can extend the game. My next goal is for a 3 minute round, then a 5.
My wife and I are both crazy addicted to this game. It's not for Match-3 newbies, that's for sure, but if you're familiar with the genre and you're looking for non-stop frenetic action, buy this game!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jul 19, 11 8:41 PM
great game
love the 1 minute concept ...you really don't tire of a level that's for sure
sometimes on m3 when you have to remove the colored blocks the levels seem to go on forever til you complete it ..
this is exciting and fun imho
for those of you who like a relaxed m3 this is not a game for you ..
having fun so far..had to go back to casual tho expert was too adv. for me
ty alawar and bfg for this game

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Jul 23, 11 2:24 AM
Ok! I launch the game, choose Relax mode(or whatever it was, but something like it), begin to play.. aaand.. wow, wow, 1 minute to finish the level? Come on, it's 2011th! Where is my "UNTIMED" or "NO TIME" option?
I realy liked the graphics(very exciting ) and music and especialy this intro movie, but... this speed infuriates me

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jul 27, 11 7:43 AM
For those who do not like this game, all I can say is "It is your loss." I agree with the one person who mentioned that TTOM3 was akin to Pinball, as I grew up in the era of Pinball Arcades (along with The Who's "Tommy"). If you can't take the heat get OUT of the kitchen.

[Post New]by sandrasam on Aug 7, 11 5:59 PM
This game has been tons of fun for me. I went through it the first couple of times (yes it crashes and loses the info once in a while & I just start over). I learned what all the totems do (match 3 or more of the same colour twice in a row). I haven't figured out how to tell what colour the white/silver totem changes the tokens too yet; and I have been through it a few times. I'll just go in and try to match the red totems first - then quick glance for next colour where I could possibly have 2 sets to match after you have all the totems. Then try to quickly strategies for the 3 match in the higher levels. It's a little harder to do so in the higher levels if you've played a blue/red/silver one first or even the green because it reorganizes the whole board. Invariably the other totems will wipe out the orange ones which give you more time on the level which is what I started out trying to match first. I just found the other ones make the points add up faster.

Good luck for anyone willing to give it another go!!

[Post New]by sandrasam on Aug 7, 11 6:54 PM
shoot - kind of - I forgot to mention how stress relieving it is to throw the red fireballs - matching four tokens to get extra little clocks and other bonuses to match too

just a matter of getting used to how the games plays and then the 'Casual' mode is actually ok which surprised me - have to think faster than you have to move and it clears my head

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 1:38 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Go to: