Re:Todays DD 15 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jun 15, 11 2:16 PM
I adventure games..just a little rusty. At any rate for the price I will gladly buy! Mr.Russ (or anyone that has it) could you send me a PM with the WT link please?

Happy Gaming all!

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jun 15, 11 5:26 PM
Sadly, I must agree with NIMHURCHU. I'd love to be able to play these adventure games as they sound so interesting but can't figure things out.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jun 15, 11 5:45 PM
Put on your thinking cap. This is a good logic game and you do not have a tutorial to guide you (babies). So, in the mean time you may have to use the walkthrough, but only if you are completely stuck. I have not used the walkthrough yet. Perseverance .

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jun 15, 11 6:28 PM
The game sounds intriguing, but I didn't get anywhere with the demo.
It froze outside the building; then, when I tried to go back to it, told me
my trial time was up! Maybe someday they'll do an updated version.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jun 15, 11 8:05 PM
Just finished today's DD.

Verdict: definitely worth it for the DD price

This is a story told with love. It is worth playing just for the subtle humor woven into every scene. It's a point-and-click adventure with no inventory to micro-manage. You play a newly dead ghost who is forced to run around in a sheet as he uncovers an unsettling mystery in an abandoned factory.

Pros:
- Atmospheric, moody and ghostly with liberal sparkles of dry humor
- Easy to use interface
- No time limit
- No dead ends
- Engaging and well-crafted story

Cons:
- Impossible (for me) to solve without referring to a walk-thru
- Too many slider/button puzzles with complex solutions

Even though I had to increasingly refer to a walk-thru, I still loved the game just for the mood it set and the story it told.

Anyone who loves this game should try the Tipping Point series, available free to play online (including here on BFG). The style is similar, except puzzles don't require an advanced degree in math to solve. Both share a quirky sense of humor but GitS is dialog driven while TP has very little.

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 12:49:06 AM PST

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jun 15, 11 9:20 PM
A buy for me. In fact, I'm off to purchase it as soon as I post this message. It's exciting to find one on the DD for only $2.99. It isn't often that the LFA games show up on any of the deals.

I didn't get very far during the hour demo, but I didn't expect to. I love adventure games because they require my brain to work things out. Sometimes it takes a long time to figure out the puzzles. Sometimes I have to resort to a WT because I just absolutely can't figure them out. The fun is in the trying, though, and you feel so amazingly good when you do figure out a tough one that you've been mulling over for a long time.

This game is especially novel in that you have no inventory - no pockets in your sheet, apparently. Definitely short sighted on the part of whomever is making the sheets for the new ghosts.

Happy gaming, everyone.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 15, 11 9:44 PM
A cute game, and I rather quite like it. I referred to a walk-through at first, to try to figure out what kind of puzzles I was presented with, but have been trying to stumble around on my own since then. Enjoying the story so far, and anticipate having fun with this.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jun 16, 11 1:17 PM
Finally finished it. Really enjoyed the game and the Ghost all the way through. I think he reminded me a bit of Eddie Izzard or possibly the Pythons. It did get a bit twiddly (old-time gamers will remember "twiddleware"--where you twiddle about with something in one part of the game, then go way, way over to another part of the game to see what happened, then go all the way back to twiddle some more...etc. etc. etc.), which annoys me, but it wasn't all the way through the game, so it wasn't too bad. Games don't really seem to do that so much anymore, thankfully!

Did have to use the walkthrough a bit, but it was still a lot of fun--if you like this sort of thing. Recommend demoing first! Oh, I think when your hour is up, it just freezes and that's the end of the demo. I didn't have any further technical glitches throughout the rest of the game. Don't forget to SAVE!

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jun 17, 11 1:37 PM
I finished, and got a score of 0! Anyone else get higher? Don't know what it's based on (maybe speed - I like to take my time!)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 18, 11 7:54 AM
sheilamilo wrote:I finished, and got a score of 0! Anyone else get higher? Don't know what it's based on (maybe speed - I like to take my time!)
I don't remember Ghost in the Sheet being scored.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 20, 11 1:33 PM
sheilamilo wrote:I finished, and got a score of 0! Anyone else get higher? Don't know what it's based on (maybe speed - I like to take my time!)

I just finished too. When the credits start to roll a minigame starts, so your score of zero is a starting point should you choose to play the game. The zero score is not what you've earned in the game. If you want to you can start killing some more rats that are running in some kind of maze, I expect that each kill scores you. Haven't tried it myself. Hope this answer helps you.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jul 4, 11 11:24 PM
KimiKanda wrote:Put on your thinking cap. This is a good logic game and you do not have a tutorial to guide you (babies). So, in the mean time you may have to use the walkthrough, but only if you are completely stuck. I have not used the walkthrough yet. Perseverance .

Kimikanda, people have different tastes, and talents, and we should all try to post with respect to others. I find your comment "Put on your thinking cap. This is a good logic game and you do not have a tutorial to guide you (babies).. " to be condescending, disrespectful, and immature. Some of us have jobs that require us to put "our thinking caps on" all day long. Playing these games is just something that some, or many of us, just do to wind down from work. Any wonder that people don't want to post their reviews anymore?????

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 7:26:28 PM PST

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Nov 12, 11 7:27 PM
Whew! Finished finally. This was a love/hate relationship game. Interesting enough to keep me going and mind boggling enough to make me want to stop and trash it. I made it through but would probably still be somewhere in the middle if it were not for a couple of walkthroughs. Thank goodness for walkthroughs. I don't like to use them and will try and try again to push through difficult situations but this game had me walking through from the get go. Anyway, I loved the story and the cut scenes. Enjoyed talking to the ghosts and trying to solve the mystery. I haven't played many adventure games but will continue because I am very rusty in that department.

Go to: