Re:Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Jun 23, 11 8:01 PM
I'm afraid to try this game, having read of the problems. Could I avoid the problems by forking over the extra money to receive the game on a CD instead of as a d/l? Would it load the scenes faster and run more smoothly?

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Jun 23, 11 10:04 PM
Sticky cursor and a lag between scenes.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jun 23, 11 11:02 PM
I get to first the scene in the plaza after the meeting with the Father in the alley. I can follow the masked man to the bridge and also look at the well or the statue. When I try and go to the building across the plaza I am thrown out of the game.

Adding to the original post: I downloaded the game on my newer laptop and played with no issues at all. Obviously the problem was not game related but had to do with the older XP computer I was using. I will mention that I have most of my games on the older computer since it has a 22" screen and this is the first game that had an issue.

No matter, the game was fun and value for the $$.

Edited on 06/25/2011 at 3:59:40 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 24, 11 3:50 AM
Sorry to hear all those problems with slow downloading and slow playing. I own all the ERS games and none has ever given me problems.

The download and installation of this game onto my laptop (Win 7, 64-bit) took 3 minutes, and neither the cursor nor the scene changes or anything else is lagging behind in my game.

Just thought I`d mention it. Happy gaming everyone.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jun 24, 11 3:54 AM
The devs of "Tearstone" came and conversed with us.Why can't other devs do the same ?

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jun 24, 11 5:07 AM
SPOILER WARNING!

In a Hidden Objects scene in chapter 3 - you've been upstairs and come back - you have to find a snake and a dragonfly, both etched into stone pillars. I could not click on these two objects until I had used a pitchfork to find a crystal hidden in same pillar... I could see the dragonfly and the snake, but couldn't clikck on them.

Oh, and to BF: I can't use the tips you recommend re not being able to download - and after the 3-4rd try I succeed downloading, without having changed anything in my computer!

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 5:09:01 AM PST

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jun 24, 11 10:25 AM
Still playing the Demo; last night I shut the game down and left the room for a few minutes; when I came back Windows had gone into a forced Restart which I had done nothing to cause, and when I reopened the Game, I got a corrupted file message and had to re-create my profile and start from square one again despite the fact that I was almost 30 minutes into the Game when I had shut it down.

This has only happened once so far, but I figured I'd better post it.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jun 24, 11 11:21 AM
I have a major issue with one of your games offered in trial mode yesterday. The game played okay with me all the way til trial mode ended after an hour. It is : Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice CE.
I played today's game offered (: The Fall Trilogy Chapter 3: Revelation, game played okay,) and then I noticed that the above game Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice CE., had 60 min. on it. Once I opened the game it said I had to create another profile as my other saved game file was corrupted. I had to start over ( I am totally P'd Off now) and I got as far as trying to take the candle from the light. Then I got this(see attachment). I had gotten well advanced in the game yesterday. Was on the gondola and got to the house or whatever building it was. This game was a buy for me, but not if I have to start all over.

By the way; the game saved nicely, in trial.

[Post New]by Strwbrydelisus on Jun 24, 11 11:27 AM
yea i tried the free hour same thing slow slow like to buy this but not sure seeing all the problems...also has anyone having problems when u open a scence the words are all fuzzy cant read them having problems like that with other games ive bought an no ive not been drinking... lol

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 24, 11 12:29 PM
PowderMonkey wrote:SPOILER WARNING!

In a Hidden Objects scene in chapter 3 - you've been upstairs and come back - you have to find a snake and a dragonfly, both etched into stone pillars. I could not click on these two objects until I had used a pitchfork to find a crystal hidden in same pillar... I could see the dragonfly and the snake, but couldn't clikck on them.

Oh, how weird. There was neither a snake nor a dragonfly for me to be found. But there was a mask hidden inside the pillar.

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Jun 25, 11 6:51 PM
I'm at the paint the puppets section, and I was having the same issue that others were having with trying to get the puppet painted correctly. I tried to paint both shoes white, one show white, one beige, both beige, etc... None of these worked for me, even it seemed to work for some others. One of the suggestions was to repaint everything a different color, then come back and paint it over with the correct colors. So as I was trying this, I got to the hair, and tried to paint it yellow, when the game completely crashed on me, bringing me back to the game manager! This happens every single time I try this. I have Win7 64 bit Home Premium edition, with 4GB of memory, and using an NVIDIA 8800 GTS 512 card. I will relay this info to CS and I would really like to play this game without using the skip button. I should be able to avoid the glitch, but if I can't get past the puppets, then I want my credits!

[Post New]by lemonchios on Jun 26, 11 3:56 AM
Hi! BigFish,
I downloaded this game, but it stuck in some scenes!

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Jun 26, 11 8:57 AM
I bought the game after playing the demo. It was great! Then it started sloooowwwwwwwiiinnngggg dddoooowwwwn. Now I don't want to play it because it takes 5 minutes to go from scene to scene.

any fixes fishies?

Frustrated AGAIN

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Jun 26, 11 12:00 PM
Not sure if it's a coding error, or if it's on purpose, but it's REALLY annoying. If you play in Expert mode, the Tutorial is forced on you and you can't opt out. I tried skipping and not skipping the opening dialogs and that didn't seem to make a difference. The only way you're given a choice to opt out of the Tutorial is if you play in Regular mode (skipping or not skipping the opening dialogs doesn't matter).

This needs to be reversed, or fixed so you can have the choice to opt out of the Tutorial in Expert mode. I don't want to play in Regular mode, and I don't want the Tutorial forced on me.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jun 27, 11 8:45 AM
finally finished game. mouse was really jerky in some areas, took along time inbetween scenes. after awhile of playing game it got a little faster. but still slow. game was too short.by the way i have a vista. only 2years old. but great game.

AbyBess
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by AbyBess on Jun 27, 11 2:15 PM
elldee2728 wrote:
nwr1948x wrote:Why is it always ERS games that run slowly and "stickily" on my computer ? I know other fishies have the same problem with this devs games,but we never get a real answer.I love ERS but hate having to wait for scenes to change etc.

Hey Nwr1948x--Same-O, Same-O here. This is getting to be a broken record with ERS games and me. I've had absolutely NO problem with games from any other developer getting "bogged down" like what happens with ERS releases. <snip>

The dialogue bits worked fine, but, click on an item to put into inventory? Like watching paint dry or grass grow! And the scene change-overs? Went to the kitchen, got a cup of coffee, came back, and things were barely different. Does anyone think that ERS uses some kind of really exotic, high-tech game engine that us middle-of-the-road computer users can't handle?

I also have this problem with ERS games. It's a mystery to me, as so many people seem to really love these games and play them without problems. But I have yet to try a game from this dev that didn't play so slowly it was simply not worth the effort.

I've passed completely on some interesting ones as soon as I learned what dev they were from - thought I'd give this one a try thinking (wishful?) maybe it would be different. But nope.

I know my computer isn't the latest and greatest - in fact, it's pretty old ... but I don't have these problems with other games. I just don't understand why it's only this one developer!

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Jun 27, 11 6:04 PM
So wanted to play this game!!!!! Why are the ERS games so blasted slooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!! It took forever just to get the gate unlocked! Finally gave up-----no buy for me!!!!!! Shame love the ERS games, they have a problem, but I guess they don't care!!!!!! First game in a while that I haven't been able to play!!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jun 29, 11 9:39 AM
Another slow motion game. This is becoming extremely annoying. This has become the norm for the games to have tech problems, if they work at all. And what is up with the BF website. It has become as slow as the games they have been putting out.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 30, 11 10:13 PM
I understand this game was made in the Ukraine, but when they translate the dialogue for localization, they made quite a few typos.
Also left out many of the sound effects in the Bonus game. After being delayed an extra month I was hoping this game would have been in better shape.

[Post New]by anne17821 on Jul 1, 11 4:28 PM
yve501 wrote:Had no problems downloading but the game was very sticky on my xp comp. Took forever to go between scenes.
Tried it later on W7 and so far it's running like a dream.

The same for me on my XP machine. Played the demo with no problems. Now I have downloaded it on my new Sony Vaio with Win7 (the one I won in the March Madness contest with BFG, which is supposed to work with their games) and have a big problem. If I run it in full screen mode there is a contstant horizontal flashing of the top half of the screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Runs fine in windowed mode but the screen i too small to see.

Go to: