Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 3:56 AM
Oh dear - what can I say - my resolve not to buy until I know how long this is - Hmm! Phtttt! Out the window. Well - not quite. I haven't succumbed and bought it YET!! but finding it very difficult not too, it's just the perfect game to play when the weather is like it is today!

I did have some infuriating moments when doing the H0 scenes though, my mouse is playing up (must buy a new one!) and it's clicks are getting out of hand, so my cursor kept dissolving in a shower of sparks, Unintentional overclicks (very annoying devs - when will you listen!!)

Kel

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jun 23, 11 4:12 AM
OH YES! YES! I love when I wake up in the morning & I have a great game to come home to play!! Now the day is going to go by soooo slow...I know this game is going to be good because its by ERS. I go to their website often & there are more games to come as well....ok, everyone...enjoy!!!

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Jun 23, 11 4:52 AM
3 days wwith crappy games and now another ce cant afford

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jun 23, 11 5:03 AM
I am an ERS fan and I have been waiting for this one. I loved the demo and just purchased. Fourteen minutes later and it is still downloading. I will comment further once it finishes installing and I have played more. So far, in the demo I have been collecting fans for more hints (although hints are unlimited) and also finding golden ducats in order to buy things needed at the store. Fun game!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 5:17 AM
devs,,,when will you listen, if you want me to buy the ce, then let me demo the ce, anything unlocked at purchase(STRATAGY GUIDE) needs to be unlocked in the demo.....i will not buy, cause i cant estimate length

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 5:23 AM
bella81762 wrote:devs,,,when will you listen, if you want me to buy the ce, then let me demo the ce, anything unlocked at purchase(STRATAGY GUIDE) needs to be unlocked in the demo.....i will not buy, cause i cant estimate length

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 5:29 AM
thanks pegal, in the past, i was a buy without even demo on ce,s, especially ers games, but they are getting shorter and shorter, and as hard as it is, until i get a idea on length, i am holding on to my ce money, and a locked guide is a huge pet peeve of mine

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 23, 11 5:33 AM
Length of game:

Grim Façade Mystery of Venice – CE

The Strategy Guide has 50 pages. Here is how they break down.

Chapter 1: The Redemption Society – 7 pages
Chapter 2: Bartolomeo's Mansion – 12 pages
Chapter 3: Gaspar's Residence – 13 pages
Chapter 4: The Ship – 3 pages
Chapter 5: The Theater – 7 pages
Bonus Chapter – 8 pages

This info is in the text folder in the game program. Many times even if the game demo is shorter than the whole game and does not include much of the game play, they will include the "other stuff" in the game demo program. You can download the demo and see how many chapters there are by looking into the game program folder.

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jun 23, 11 5:34 AM
what is a soft release ???

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 5:36 AM
praireraven wrote:what is a soft release ???
a 2nd release, no fanfare, go to the homepage and scroll down, its under todays game,,,(not tgt)

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jun 23, 11 5:39 AM
Thanks Peglegann and Kelvarda for your answers, now I know what a soft release is.

Useful to know but - not nearly as exciting as I thought !!

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jun 23, 11 5:54 AM
:Thanks BELLA 8, now i know , I just hope i just dont forget it,

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 5:57 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:Thanks Peglegann and Kelvarda for your answers, now I know what a soft release is.

Useful to know but - not nearly as exciting as I thought !!

layzeedaisy - Sometimes you get some real little crackers as a soft release (quite the little gem of a game), always be sure to check under that day's release for any Soft ones

Kel

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jun 23, 11 6:06 AM
NO MESSAGE THIS IS JUST A TEST !!

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jun 23, 11 6:08 AM
Why do i have that red x and no one else does, or do i want to know
hummm

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 6:15 AM
the red x is for you to delete a post if you want to,, i accidently double post sometimes and use it a lot,,, others delete posts so they can stay at a fave morph, we all have them,,,,,but you can only see your own

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 6:31 AM
bella81762 wrote:devs,,,when will you listen, if you want me to buy the ce, then let me demo the ce, anything unlocked at purchase(STRATAGY GUIDE) needs to be unlocked in the demo.....i will not buy, cause i cant estimate length

I don't know bella - but it could be to do with copyright! You onl get the full SG when you purchase the full game (maybe). If any fishie knows would be interesting...

My gripe is the over-click penalty! My mouse is playing up, and is 'over-clicking' without me doing anything. I got sick of my cursor exploding during the H0 scenes in the demo!

Kel

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Jun 23, 11 6:31 AM
40 minutes into the game and if it were not a CE I would use my final credit. I goofed and counted incorrectly this month and have already purchased 6 games so I will wait until it comes out as a SE. If the SE comes comes out this month I will also use this month's credit and not wait until next.
I listened to the entire story line and glad I did. I found the conversations interesting which I normally do not do. You cannot click through most of them unless you skip the whole thing.
Found some of the **** hard to see but I am old and don't wear my bifocals all the time. Most of the items did pertain to the story so you can only guess which item you will get. I also like that.
I found no glitches in the game, another nice thing lately.
A buy for me when the SE comes out.
Bessie Mae

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jun 23, 11 6:32 AM
thanks again I looked at all the posts and i only saw it on mine.
it looked to me like a scarlet letter. lol

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 6:33 AM

I don't know bella - but it could be to do with copyright! You only get the full SG when you purchase the full game (maybe). If any fishie knows would be interesting...

My gripe is the over-click penalty! My mouse is playing up, and is 'over-clicking' without me doing anything. I got sick of my cursor exploding during the H0 scenes in the demo! (I've maybe been hitting those little cave-men too hard in Jack!! )

Kel

Go to: