sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Official Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 3: Revelation

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jun 24, 11 1:07 PM
Boring... . Oops...guess it just isn't 'my cup of tea' either!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jun 24, 11 1:18 PM
I agree with most things already said about this game. It was probably too short for some but at the end it said I played for 3 hours and 20 minutes. That's an adequate time for me to feel I got my money's worth. I also have the first 2 games in the series and wanted to see how it ended. It all made sense to me in the end. The first game in the series was 100% better than the other 2 so if you haven't played any of them go for that one. I did enjoy the 3rd game more than the 2nd which I didn't like at all.

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 3: Revelation

[Post New]by polarglen on Jun 24, 11 4:01 PM
Never got to the game proper -- the opening stuff drove me crazy and I deleted the game. Not worth playing.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jun 24, 11 4:09 PM
Anybody with vertigo will probably want to stay away from this one. When I got into the garden area and the 360 degree viewing started I had to quit because of nausea.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jun 24, 11 5:01 PM
Not my favorite type of game. For this type of game it appears that the developers produced a reasonable game.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 24, 11 5:41 PM
FINISHED

Following on from my earlier review - I have finished and can't believe how short it was. I played on hard and it was about 3 and a half hours. I was playing the first game for weeks. I can't believe that this is a game in the sequel. I liked the cellar puzzle in the demo, and thought there would be a lot more interactive play like that. There ended up being far too many 'find same items'.

The difference between the first game and this one, that I missed - the first had complex puzzles, non linear (to an extent) game play, head scratching what am I too do next. This was very straightforward what to do next, easy puzzles (as in you know what you had to do, even if it took you a while).

The first game was an A+ this ended up being a B or B+. The ending was satisfying - not a surprise which was good. I did enjoy it, in a casual, don't have to think too much about this game kind of way. And if I didn't think of it as a sequel to a great game (the first one not the second one) it's a nice game. I got this as a groupon but I would have been OK buying it at full price.

TIP - Like any adventure game, you can't skip the puzzles, or get too many hints or it will be a very short game - as that is what it's about. And I would play this on hard.

It's like this analogy - I am in a restaurant, enjoying my meal of a good sausage - I'm relaxed, not thinking about anything - it's good because I am tired. Then after I have finished I realise I am still a bit hungry. And that the last time I was in the restaurant, I was enjoying a perfectly cooked, juicy porterhouse steak with trimmings. It was soo good and I was stuffed at the end of it. And I had come back to the restaurant expecting the same great calibre of meal, maybe a filet mignon. OK it wasn't as easy eating - with the red wine, etc it took a bit more work but it was worth it.
So even though I enjoyed my sausage meal. I feel disappointed.

icemaidenq
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by icemaidenq on Jun 24, 11 5:54 PM
Well this wasn't a favorite. Loved the first Fall Trilogy. This one was boring. The H0 scenes (if you could call them that) where you had to find 15, 20, 25 of one type of object was, IMHO, lame...especially because that's all there was! Scene after scene of find many of the same objects.

The guy (me ) started to really annoy me (can you annoy yourself? ). The first puzzle (piece together an object) was not my cup of tea for a puzzle - nothing fit very well and there was no rhyme or reason as to where the pieces fit...kind of boring. OTOH the graphics were good.

But, the game didn't grab me at all - stopped after 20 min. Obviously...no buy for me.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Jun 24, 11 5:55 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I just downloaded the trial version and will play this weekend. I absolutely loved the first one. Many times, it becomes a game in itself to see if sequels can be on par with the first game in a series (or movie or book.)

I don't like games that are too easy or that have sparkles showing me where to go or look next, and I enjoy non-linear or mostly non-linear play. Don't lead me by the nose - let me explore. Let me walk away from my game thinking about what I should do next. I like that challenge, and the lightbulb does go off!

I'll give this one a try.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 24, 11 8:44 PM
well, i gave it the full hour to grab me... and it just didn't...

caution: there may be spoilers

i had read one post which remarked how it seemed that each scene was find 20 this or 20 that... and there was definitely a LOT of that! so i figured i'd better take advantage of the few and far between puzzles by making the most of them and really crunching them out... i put the watch together rather quickly, did my patient workup without incident, even managed to get my gear sterilized after much ado and draw some blood... have to say that i did NOT like the STD in the magazine - mainly because i don't like this type of puzzle, but also because i don't like having to click on image one and then click the same spot on image two to confirm... what a little minx of a game! by the time i got to counting red and white blood cells, i threw in the towel... what a crock! it's not enough that we've had to suffer through getting locked in the cellar, but seriously... and on top of everything it's pretty much a case of: physician heal thyself <-- highlight only if you have actually played to the outcome or know that you never will...

i see now how the three games are actually structured... it's like a room within a room within a room... like when you have a mirrored hallway and it looks like the walls just go on forever...

i was already expecting to feel a little let down by this installment, but this is just... well, it's a $7 savings in my book, because i won't be buying it...

to those of you who are enjoying the series - happy falling

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 24, 11 11:14 PM
First I did't like the game. I found it very strange. But when I played longer I like it very much and bought it with a couponcode. I like the puzzles.

rial03
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by rial03 on Jun 25, 11 2:34 AM
Good game, however I found that once purchased it went too quickly to finish the game

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 25, 11 6:44 AM
Not one of the best, but not too bad. Not enough locations. Ended too abruptly. Too short. A mediocre game.

kathyph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kathyph on Jun 25, 11 11:04 AM
Thought the game was a major disappointment. Wish I had wasted a game club on it. Short and boring.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 25, 11 2:45 PM
There are 5 chapters in this game, and I finished the demo (55 minutes) when I had finished chapter 2. (I took particularly long to get that watch back in one piece - loved doing that mini game and didn`t want to skip it). So all in all, the whole game will probably take me a good 2 hours.

I liked the whole of the game, and will put it on my "to buy" list.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 25, 11 3:22 PM
This game is not my cup of tea. I am not medically inclined and the actions required to play this game just didn't appeal to me. Very slow to me and boring. You have to take care of patient and test vital signs which to me is very uninteresting to say the least. If I were a nurse or doctor I guess i would enjoy this more. Also, all the hidden object screens simply required looking for the same item a number of times. Do not like the screen layout at all. Have always disliked 360 degree games and the other option requires clicking around the various rooms. I see that the game is very short as well. To me, not as good as the others in the series. Very disappointed. Grade C

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 25, 11 11:10 PM
sunnyglow wrote:This game is not my cup of tea. I am not medically inclined and the actions required to play this game just didn't appeal to me. Very slow to me and boring. You have to take care of patient and test vital signs which to me is very uninteresting to say the least. If I were a nurse or doctor I guess i would enjoy this more. Also, all the hidden object screens simply required looking for the same item a number of times. Do not like the screen layout at all. Have always disliked 360 degree games and the other option requires clicking around the various rooms. I see that the game is very short as well. To me, not as good as the others in the series. Very disappointed. Grade C

I am medically inclined and it still didn't appeal to me. Its hard to see the items in the medical bag and my chart was messed up because I did his heartbeat wrong and it took me forever to find where to take his heartbeat and I even tried it on myself so Id know where to hit it n it still wasn't the right spot. I like the first one in this series. I can't remember the 2nd one but I don't remember it being very hidden objecty and find this ONE item 40 times. I think it was more of an original adventure game. boo. no buy for me.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Jun 26, 11 12:30 AM
I'm a bit torn about this game. Length was not an issue for me - I just finished it, and took a tad over 3 hours. I generally figure I want one of these games to last me about the same amount of time (or more) as it would take to read a book of comparable value, and I'd say this one did.

I enjoy these games much more for the puzzle than the HOG scenes. Every time I play an HOG, I get irritated with the searching and wonder "why did I buy another one?" This one was no exception, though in general, since I don't care if I use hints in those areas (why prolong something I don't enjoy much?), these were not all that painful. It does get a bit monotonous, though, searching for multiple like items.

The puzzles were mostly fun. The glaring exception for me was the second spot-the-differences scene. I find these annoying and tedious at best, and to try one with the second picture upside-down was just excruciating. I used the hint button about 4-5 times, and with 2 of them I still had trouble pinpointing what was actually different. This was the only time during the entire game when I wished for a "skip" button, and there wasn't one.

I won't spoil the ending, but I did figure it out partway through the game. It was still entertaining, and sort of brought together the three parts of this "trilogy" in a semi-logical fashion.

All in all, I don't recommend getting this one unless you have the first two and like to finish things out. If you avoid the walkthroughs and just take your time, enjoying the puzzles, it can last a reasonable amount of time. Unlike others, I did not have trouble with the "taking a pulse" bit. As another poster mentioned, there is a built-in keyboard shortcut for lightening the scene; once I started using it, the HOG scenes sped up a bit.

I'd say, 2 1/2 stars if you have not played the first two games, and perhaps 3 1/2 stars if you are finishing up the set. Gameplay is pretty similar to the others, but I still like the first one, best.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 06/26/2011 at 2:16:01 PM PST

[Post New]by mellowfall01 on Jun 26, 11 4:51 AM
Agree about shortness of play time...just two hours and finished...felt like a bit of a rip off. It played like Keophs had run out of ideas. Will be very wary of purchasing games from that studio in future. When you compare it to Dreamland (which I had just finished) it rates very poorly indeed.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jun 26, 11 7:33 PM
ihateshopping wrote:First off, I won't repeat anything about the game that is good (several people have already done that, and I agree with their assessments). As far as any negatives, they're relatively minor, IMO, and didn't detract, in the least, from my enjoyment of the entire game. The only thing I wished is that I'd played the first 2 games (I didn't and had a couple of confusing moments about "why is it doing that." All made sense at the end, and I may go back and play the first 2 installments).

This game is NOT an HOG; it is a casual, point and click adventure with some object searches in it.

Short? I don't think so, especially since I played the entire game in Hard mode without a walkthrough. The game has plenty of length. How much? I really can't remember, but it was way more than 3 hours, in Hard mode, for damn sure. For those complaining about it only lasting 2 hours or less...I find that nearly impossible to believe unless they skipped ALL the puzzles (and there were some fairly challenging ones, even in Easy mode) and/or played entirely from the walkthrough (figured out nothing on their own; they "solved" puzzles by using one of the 2 published walkthroughs).

Easy? Not even. Again, I played the entire game in Hard mode, without a walkthrough. The puzzles were nicely challenging, for the most part...I just wish there would've been a couple more sliders (my favorite kind of puzzles).

So, those of you who are choosing not to purchase based on "some" saying the game is too short or easy...take that information with a grain of salt, unless you're one who will only play directly from either one of the 2 the walkthroughs and let them tell you how to solve everything. If you do that, the game is sure to be too short and too easy because you will have paid for others to play the game for you (the walkthrough writers).

I rate the game 4 out of 5 stars. One star off for a little too much back and forthing, in certain areas; just a little. I really enjoyed it.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jun 26, 11 7:38 PM
Well said, regarding nearly everything including length. I savoured every minute and enjoyed the challenges of construction, so different from the usual games. I love tho dialogue, always so pertinent to the scene and the story, and tells you where to head to once you've finished the challenge. It wasn't short, though I would have loved it to be twice as long and am sorry the series has ended. I look forward to the next Kheops game.

ihateshopping wrote:First off, I won't repeat anything about the game that is good (several people have already done that, and I agree with their assessments). As far as any negatives, they're relatively minor, IMO, and didn't detract, in the least, from my enjoyment of the entire game. The only thing I wished is that I'd played the first 2 games (I didn't and had a couple of confusing moments about "why is it doing that." All made sense at the end, and I may go back and play the first 2 installments).

This game is NOT an HOG; it is a casual, point and click adventure with some object searches in it.

Short? I don't think so, especially since I played the entire game in Hard mode without a walkthrough. The game has plenty of length. How much? I really can't remember, but it was way more than 3 hours, in Hard mode, for damn sure. For those complaining about it only lasting 2 hours or less...I find that nearly impossible to believe unless they skipped ALL the puzzles (and there were some fairly challenging ones, even in Easy mode) and/or played entirely from the walkthrough (figured out nothing on their own; they "solved" puzzles by using one of the 2 published walkthroughs).

Easy? Not even. Again, I played the entire game in Hard mode, without a walkthrough. The puzzles were nicely challenging, for the most part...I just wish there would've been a couple more sliders (my favorite kind of puzzles).

So, those of you who are choosing not to purchase based on "some" saying the game is too short or easy...take that information with a grain of salt, unless you're one who will only play directly from either one of the 2 the walkthroughs and let them tell you how to solve everything. If you do that, the game is sure to be too short and too easy because you will have paid for others to play the game for you (the walkthrough writers).

I rate the game 4 out of 5 stars. One star off for a little too much back and forthing, in certain areas; just a little. I really enjoyed it.

Go to: