Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Post any Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight technical issues here only

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Jul 1, 11 7:09 PM
stevieferr wrote: every time the picture has moved to the right so got big black space on left side and right hand side of the picture has disappeared off the right side of the screen,tried changing resolution but not helped...never had this problem before and downloaded another game and that one was fine

I have a big black bar on the Right side of screen and missing the Left side of game

Abbey

Edit...Taking it off of Fullscreen worked

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 7:20:26 PM PST

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Technical Issues...Again

[Post New]by njewer on Jul 1, 11 9:51 PM
fairjuno wrote:I'm having the same problem with this game that I had with yesterdays game. Won't run because I supposedly need to update my drivers. Oh well. I'll wait and see what CS says about the other game. Maybe it will fix this one too.

I had the same problem with both games and have a fairly new computer but just in case I went to my drivers webpage (nvidia) and checked for update and updated - now both games run perfectly...glad I tried , wasn't gonna bother because I figured it was the game - usually has been in the past but this time it actually was my computer!

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Jul 1, 11 10:33 PM
I just downloaded this game, it d/l just fine & installed. When I pressed play it did nothing at all. I had to stop the process via the task manager, of course loosing a
minute each time of demo minutes, tried 3 times to play to no avail.
This is the second game now, as I couldnt play Midnight Mysteries 3 either, the very same thing happened with the CE & the SE versions. Actually 3 games: also Spirits of Mystery:Maiden Voyage CE didnt work for me but the SE did work,another disappointment, I really wanted to play the CE version.
Just before I;ve even uninstalled & downloaded, adobe flash, shockwave players & also updated the video card drivers & made sure Direct X which was up to date.
I'm totally at a loss as to why I cant even play a regular version of a game, never mind the CE versions which BG says is a totally different platform than a SE.
I'm not a happy fishy right now with some of these games I cant play.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jul 2, 11 6:15 AM
Hi edmee, Sorry to hear about all the problems you're having. When I first started gaming about a year ago, I chose BFG. I had several problems with the games. One of the Mods sent me Dr Felix to diagnosis my PC. I upgraded per his recommendations and since then my PC runs beautifully. I've only had one problem with a game since then and this is the second game, so I feel it is probably the game. Maybe one of the Mods can send you by email the Dr Felix link. I'm certainly mighty grateful for his upgrade suggestions. Good luck.......Marianne

[Post New]by mel9161 on Jul 2, 11 7:02 AM
After several hours dealing with video issues, I finally got it. Had to change the video driver on my machine.

Anyway, now that I had it, I thought all was fine. But about what I am guessing to be 1/3 of the way into the game, there is an object (it looks like a fishing reel) in one of the seek/find areas which simply isn't there. The "hint" button does nothing since the object doesn't exist in the picture but I can't go forward in the game until I find it.

Anyone????

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Jul 2, 11 8:06 AM
My drivers are up to date. The last two games keep telling me this....Getting really tired of this problem.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 2, 11 9:13 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles with the game, looking for an update on your computer can help. You can find the information for this process in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like more help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to work with you one-on-one to get any issues resolved. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 2, 11 9:48 AM
I really liked this game from what I could play of it. However, when I tried to put my name in at the start, it did the same thing it did in Dreamland...it just let me put symbols and numbers. Also, I can't get my cursor to go where I want it to go. It is very slow to respond. I don't know whether to go ahead and buy it anyway while the sale is on and wait for a fix.....hopefully there will be one.

[Post New]by ZhenYun on Jul 2, 11 11:13 AM
I'm not so sure if this is a technical issue since I'm relatively new in these waters, but this is my problem: the game crashed while I was on the boat, after I had removed the screws of the panel with the butter knife. When I restarted the game, I had to do some things again, but never mind - the real problem is that the panel is back on, the butterknife isn't in my inventory anymore and can't be found in its original place either. Does anyone have an idea about what I could do?

I apologize if this post appears in the wrong discussion - I didn't know where to put it.

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Jul 2, 11 1:25 PM
ZhenYun wrote:I'm not so sure if this is a technical issue since I'm relatively new in these waters, but this is my problem: the game crashed while I was on the boat, after I had removed the screws of the panel with the butter knife. When I restarted the game, I had to do some things again, but never mind - the real problem is that the panel is back on, the butterknife isn't in my inventory anymore and can't be found in its original place either. Does anyone have an idea about what I could do?

I apologize if this post appears in the wrong discussion - I didn't know where to put it.

Hi ZhenYun:
You are not too far in the game yet, so I think you should make a new nic in the profile & start again, this should hopefully solve your problem, & if it doesnt you'll know it's a problem with the game.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jul 2, 11 1:46 PM
Having the trouble with missing wrench to open GPS screen!! looked at blog walkthru and there's only a hammer near the toolbox, otherwise it's just bare carpet. I have reached my download limit so don't want to re-install. I have tried exitting and going back in, have tried changing from fullscreen, but all to no avail.
Can anyone help?

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jul 2, 11 1:51 PM
ZhenYun wrote:I'm not so sure if this is a technical issue since I'm relatively new in these waters, but this is my problem: the game crashed while I was on the boat, after I had removed the screws of the panel with the butter knife. When I restarted the game, I had to do some things again, but never mind - the real problem is that the panel is back on, the butterknife isn't in my inventory anymore and can't be found in its original place either. Does anyone have an idea about what I could do?

Seems like the same problem I'm having with a missing wrench, I've got all the updates you can imagine, so I don't think I'll get much help from the hard working techies, guess it's time for another refund for a duff game.

The fish pond solved it again! Thanks to Rivvy1, I restarted the game with a new profile and the wrench appeared!!

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 2:24:23 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jul 2, 11 5:09 PM
Well, I got my problem solved. You know that little crest thing that appears when you enter a new scene at the bottom of the scene? You have to wait until it completely fills up, which I apparently didn't do. I guess I was in too much of a hurry to dive into action. And this particular scene at the balcony was a bit touchy and moved a bit slowly. However, all is well now and I love the game.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jul 2, 11 8:55 PM
I'm having a problem that I didn't see anyone else mention. The game installed and started fine for me. The two problems I have are, first, the screen is off-center and all the way to the right, leaving a black bar on the left. I am not able to turn off Fullscreen mode from Options to correct it. But the other problem I am having is that the game is MISSING TEXT. At the very beginning, when I went to set the Options, I see the sliders and check boxes,but they are not labelled. There is only the OK button. Then when the game began, when the long text box opens at the top of the screen, it is always empty. There is no text at all. When I get the Confirmation requestors, it just has a YES and NO button, but no text in the box.

So the game is unplayable. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

That's 3 out of the last 4 BFG games that I have had problems with. First was Temple of Night and then Crystal Skulls. Nightmare Realm was very good, but now I am having a problem with Raven's Flight. Not a good track record lately.

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 9:01:41 PM PST

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jul 2, 11 11:04 PM
TO BFG TECH...

I must own about 250 of YOUR games. I love BFG. BUT.. ever since I had to purchase a new laptop...I am having the same problem with many of the new games.

PROBLEM: Screen Rolling
I tried to play Intrigue Inc, and the same problem occurred. I have sent in the "usual information" and I am told to update my driver. I have the most updated driver. ALSO...

I now have WINDOWS 7...(Oh how I miss my Windows XP...) Could there be a problem depending on which version of Win 7 we have????

NOTE:
I find it interesting that when I can't play a game in Big Fish...I WAS ABLE to play the game in another game site. I find this interesting and unusual???????

I do believe it must be something between BFG and Windows 7....

A Sad OnWI

caninebat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by caninebat on Jul 3, 11 1:35 AM
I too am having trouble with bf games. of the last 7 i have downloaded i have got to play 1. getting pretty fed up now and about to cancel sub. The one I have managed to get has issues like parts of the game that go into slow motion. I had this same problem with last game I managed to get down too. I dont believe its a problem with windows 7 as i am running xp and having many of the problems others on 7 are having.

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 1:39:28 AM PST

seajockey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by seajockey on Jul 3, 11 5:15 AM
how dou get out of the cabin to get the cat to paw the release

[Post New]by Jadaxious on Jul 3, 11 6:31 AM
I'm having trouble finding the fishing reel that is supposed to be in the cooler HOG scene. I know it is supposed to be on the backpack on the left hand side, but I've played up to that point twice now, and there is no fishing reel. If this is a glitch, where is the fix?? Changing profiles sure hasn't helped any. Any suggestions??

Jad

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jul 3, 11 7:32 AM
The game will not show. I get a blank screen. I hear the music and can see a bit of it on my second monitor. I have a second monitor with a magnifying window. I have to reboot the computer to leave the game.

I might try the help page on this site or try to update my drivers but seeing as it is just another HOG (boring) I might just skip this one.

[Post New]by Jadaxious on Jul 3, 11 10:10 AM
seajockey wrote:how dou get out of the cabin to get the cat to paw the release

First you give it a bowl of milk, then you hang a bird made of vegetables and smeared with fish from the panel with a bit of dental floss.

Jad

Go to: