Re:Reviews for Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 1, 11 11:27 AM
Fortunately I have a few freebies left and the game is worth a coupon. Good graphics and sound. Decent game play. My main peeve with this game is selling the strategy guide brings the price to a CE game. Oh well to each his own

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 1, 11 11:59 AM
heatherington wrote:One thing about the missed clicks that game developers should know. We dislike them intensely and I for one ignore them because if I want to click a bunch of times on an object I will do so, then wait for the requisite punishment and continue to do so. What can they do anyway? It's just an annoying delay. When can we have done with this infantile punishment?

I quite agree with the phrase "infantile punishment" because click penalties always make me feel like I am back in school having my knuckles rapped by the teacher . I am an adult and so are the other people that play these type games ... please treat us with the respect we deserve because a lot of us are old enough to be your mothers!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jul 1, 11 12:58 PM
This game is made by Skunk Studios, the same developer who made the Flux Family games. I found the graphics to be a little fuzzy in H0 scenes, and clearer in the others. The game play is OK, the music is rather annoying and I didn't like the gestures option so I turned it off. I agree with others about the random clicking penalty, please developers, let us click away. Some of us have old eyes that do not see very well. I do not know if I will purchase, even with the 4th of July sale, but all who do, enjoy!!

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Jul 1, 11 2:04 PM
I am not really sure what I did not like about this game,but I didn't like it.It seemed too busy for me.Lots to do,but most of it seemed to just be filling time.It gets a C from me, but maybe I should(and will) come back and finish the demo when I feel better!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 1, 11 4:36 PM
was interesting enough to buy this ,and it was bad idea!when i reached the balcony of villa,the cursor began to jerk anywhere and the magnifying glass to pop up out of the spot!and some puzzles(picking lock p.e)was impossible to do with this kind of issue!i am very very disapointed,now;very much difficulties to download,technical issues in half-played games,sometimes very much difficulties to sign in.....
better to go back knitting!or embroidery!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 1, 11 4:47 PM
I liked the nice bright graphics and the story and found both of these a pleasant change from the greyish look of the asylum type games, not that I haven't enjoyed them too because I have but a change is always as good as a rest.

I was also delighted to see the built in magnifying glass, if more developers included one automatically there would be less complaining about the size of the objects. ... hmm we would probably find something else to complain about instead , for example the post above .

Like Elldee I also found the custom cursor to be slightly sluggish so I was pleased that there was an option to change it back to the system cursor .

This game is a buy for me .

Cherb

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 1, 11 5:24 PM
Hmmm. . .odd sort of game -- but I liiiiiike!! Haven't been too many good games lately (even the CE's), but this one is fresh with great scenes (colorful and large). Aaaand with the July 4 sale, looks worth it to me. Happy gaming all and a Happy 4th to ya!!

Robsim

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 1, 11 5:56 PM
I have played the entire sample demo - still had time on the clock - appears to be much more to be done after the first hour - looking at the video and the end scene clips I would guess 3+ hour game.

Music is ok
Play is okay mixture of HOG and adventure / walking around type of game.
graphics are good
play is smooth

Just can't decide if I want to spend a credit on this or not.
HUUMMM
undecided

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 1, 11 7:21 PM
i always play without custom cursor when it is possible,and here,it was,but the issue is the same even when i played in reduced screen!
so it is not the custom cursor which make the issue!i don't know what to do now!
but it is a disapointment!one more

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 1, 11 7:46 PM
Nice graphics, music okay, game play good, games are fairly easy, not a lot of direction but not difficult to figure out either. Really tired of "short" demos. You can't really get into a game in 30 minutes or so. Anyway, I liked it and with the special this weekend, I may just buy it. Will think on it a bit. Would like to know how long it is first. Thanks for the reviews. If I don't get back here, have a great weekend!!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 1, 11 9:04 PM
I bought this game on the July 4th sale, but I have to admit that I'm finding it tedious: at first, it was fun thinking out of the box about how to make the objects that I needed, but frankly it has begun to pall.

Part of the problem is that the story hasn't gripped me yet, even though I have been faithfully reading all of the missives that are left behind. I'm fairly far along and find myself playing in fifteen minute bouts and then closing the game for another two hours.... It's always a bad sign when I start using the hint button to end a game sooner!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 1, 11 11:32 PM
I really liked this one. At first, it was sort of frustrating, but after I got used to the method of play, it was intriguing (no pun intended). I got halfway through in my hour demo playing in advanced mode. Not sure if it is the same in the relaxed mode, but the hint was basically useless as were the tips so you really do have to figure things out on your own. Also, there is no skip button for anything except the storyline, so you do have to figure out what to do before moving on.

I thought the storyline was interesting and adds to the enjoyment of the game so I wouldn't recommend skipping the dialogue. The graphics were clear and crisp on my notebook and the music soothing and fitting. The only major irritant was the slow loading scenes. The hints loaded quickly, but again, weren't much help. Still the game is different from the norm lately and for that it deserves a try. I was surprised when my hour went by so quickly so it is a purchase for me. Thanks BF!

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 2, 11 12:17 AM
SHADES OF ZORK !! This is an incredibly good game. The graphics are beautiful and each room is sharp and clear. I didn't have any trouble finding things but needed a little help on where to go next. I use help anytime I want and also the hint button is my favorite device. The interaction and puzzles are GREAT ! Only thing is, I can not get through the maze and found it very frustrating. Reminded me of the Great Underground in the Zork Games. I just don't have time to stumble around in some maze, I'm 70 years old and it has been a long time since I have drawn out a maze to get through a game. So, I didn't finish and will move on and have some more fun. Love the $4.99 FOURTHOFJULY sale. Wish it would happen more often. Kinda grinds my gears that Newbies are offered a game for $4.99 every day for weeks, but us oldies who have spent a small forture, don't get the $4.99 treatment. I like BF because if the games don't load or work right, the reimbuse me a game credit. I think this is one of the best game sites available. I just wish they would hire some more people so someone could program some more games! Have a GREAT FOURTH, and love your American Flag. Peace.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jul 2, 11 12:24 AM
admiral1133 wrote:SHADES OF ZORK !! This is an incredibly good game. The graphics are beautiful and each room is sharp and clear. I didn't have any trouble finding things but needed a little help on where to go next. I use help anytime I want and also the hint button is my favorite device. The interaction and puzzles are GREAT ! Only thing is, I can not get through the maze and found it very frustrating. Reminded me of the Great Underground in the Zork Games. I just don't have time to stumble around in some maze, I'm 70 years old and it has been a long time since I have drawn out a maze to get through a game. So, I didn't finish and will move on and have some more fun. Love the $4.99 FOURTHOFJULY sale. Wish it would happen more often. Kinda grinds my gears that Newbies are offered a game for $4.99 every day for weeks, but us oldies who have spent a small forture, don't get the $4.99 treatment. I like BF because if the games don't load or work right, the reimbuse me a game credit. I think this is one of the best game sites available. I just wish they would hire some more people so someone could program some more games! Have a GREAT FOURTH, and love your American Flag. Peace.

I remember Zork quite fondly! It is also nice to see someone here who is "of an age".

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 2, 11 2:09 AM
Really enjoyed this game a lot BF. Was very disappointed when the demo hour came to an end. This will definitely be a buy for me in July. I would rate it a 9 out of 10!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 2, 11 2:57 AM
Kelvarda wrote:After 30 mins of play in each mode! And no skips on puzzles found!

Kel

There is a SKIP button for the puzzles.

darkdisciple1313 wrote:From the studio that made the Flux Family games, I expected better.

I had no idea these are the same developers. That`s even worse. I own both Flux games and they are both great, with really well-done graphics. So what happened?

I wanted to like this game (seeing that I could get it for half price), but even for that low price I didn`t purchase it. This game has those old-fashioned 3-D graphics I really dislike - they make all images look as if they have been made of plastercine, and make them look too unrealistic for me.

Also, on the whole, I found this game very boring, and the story rather uninteresting - I really couldn´t care less to read the different parts of Raven`s diary - the whole story was just not interesting enough to bother.

ETA: Forgot to mention... one good thing about this game was that on my widescreen laptop it filled the whole monitor without making it look stretched, the way it usually looks when a game actually manages to fill in the whole of my screen (which, unfortunately, happens only rarely).

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 3:04:42 AM PST

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jul 2, 11 6:37 AM
Wow. Enjoyed the story, loved the game-play, interface, graphics. Different types of hidden object games for some variety. I wish the hint system wasn't so explicit about the next thing to do though. There must be a good middle ground between super easy and challenging mode. The motion mode with your pointer is a nice innovation, too. Definitely will buy.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jul 2, 11 7:33 AM
This is one of the best games to come out in along time.Graphics are great .story is great and for $4.99 that's great.Have a happy 4th of July Doof

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jul 2, 11 7:34 AM
just started the demo.but it seems almost like another game i played before.but can,t figure out which one.will try it.

airace
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by airace on Jul 2, 11 9:07 AM
Just read through most of the reviews, maybe I'm just not getting it but I did not really like the game-probably did not give it a fair chance but at the start I got to the area for the stuff to "build the raft" and for the life of me I could not find the "brown rope"!! I used the magnifyer and went through the scean so many time my eyes ached but still could not find it! There was no "hint" in that scean and when I went out and clicked the hint all it kept repeating was "there are item in the area of the table behind the shack-which I knew but for the life of me could not find! I also had a problem with centering the display and the right side of the screen is cut off so I'm sure there will be problems there. The graphics generally are alright but some of the scean rendering is not too great. All in all I don't think this is one I will spend any money on!

Go to: