Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jul 10, 11 8:02 PM
Loved this game! The graphics were great, it was challenging, and it was a good long play for me. The story was a little boring, same old theme repeated in other games, but I really enjoyed the play.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jul 11, 11 6:52 AM
I liked this Love Chronicles much better than the previous one. Beautiful graphics and excellent gameplay. Well done.

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Jul 12, 11 1:37 AM
Most over complicated game ever. The game freaquently goes off topic and has you do so many mini games to get to one goal just getting in the castle was a bore. After you get in things got so pointless and dragged out I almost quit the game out of sheer bordom! Not worth a dime!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 3:47 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 4.5 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 3.325 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Jul 13, 11 8:56 PM
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

This game has everything I like in an adventure H0G:'

Good Story
Great Graphics
Plenty of walking back and forward between scenes
Good puzzles

I played in advanced mode and was sufficiently challenged to find the game really enjoyable. It probably took me about 5 hours to complete.

I enjoyed the first game in the series "the Spell", but it was not a patch on this one.

Well done Vendel Games, love that snoring cat.

jojo

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jul 13, 11 10:20 PM
I loved the game! It was really interesting and the puzzles were thoughtful. I loved that it was such a great length! Really, really fun.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jul 14, 11 3:16 PM
...........cute game with nice graphics/artwork [love their purring kitten logo ], with a story line, that's a bit overused, but was OK. It was very unnecessarily complicated, slowing the game down......... I never did find its rhythm......with steps to do in the end that I couldn't follow at all , and got bored with. Didn't care for most of the puzzles, but loved doing the "cross-stitch". It did seem to be a good length.......played it over several days. My rating would be ....... ......... ....happy gaming e1

RavenLV
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by RavenLV on Jul 15, 11 7:21 PM
I liked this game. I guess the reading would annoy those who like to finish a game in 30 minutes, but it's not that bad; nothing wrong with reading.
Plus, I liked that fact that it wasn't over just as you start to enjoy playing it.
Good job to the creaters. I guess it's true, a spider is always within 3 feet of you, I did not like that spider house.... .

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 18, 11 6:36 AM
it was just ok for me

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 18, 11 6:47 AM
There are many reviews here so won't add one; just to say that by the time I was half way through the game I was pretty bored with it. Had to really push myself over a week to get it finished.

calamari - i also love the purring kitten

[Post New]by CinnamonBear on Jul 18, 11 11:53 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this Love Chronicles game. I played the first one and loved it and this one is great also, even though it is quite different. It took me a while to finish it (I didn't time myself - so I don't know exactly how long) and there were so many different things to do. The mini-games were challenging without being too frustrating (although I did end up skipping one of them and having to refer to the walkthrough for another) I did not find this game boring at all. It sounds as if they will be coming out with a part three. If so I cannot wait to play it. I enjoy games that have princes and princesses, fairies, dragons, witches and curses. I also think that purring cat with the mouse is so cute!
Thanks for another great game!

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jul 19, 11 12:31 PM
I echo Cinnamon Bear's comments. Really fun, tho one puzzle wouldn't accept what I thought was correct so had to skip. Otherwise some hard, some easy, nice graphics. good storyline.

Looking forward to #3!

CE owners - was the CE bonus large? Worth it?

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 20, 11 10:44 AM
a bazillion times better then the first one...does that mean part 3 will be stellar?...we can only hope....good puzzles, h.o. puzzles, and graphics were very nice...quick play with some thinking involved...reset would be nice for some puzzles...gl

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 2, 11 12:08 PM
Just finished about an hour ago. Much, much longer than I expected! I played the demo, which only lets you get as far as replacing the planks on the bridge, and thought it was charming and beautifully rendered. The rest didn't disappoint. The puzzles were genuinely challenging, the story was good, and the ending left me curious as to what the Prince would face next. There were a couple of times when I was left honestly confused as to what I ought to do, but these were rare and usually I got enough of a hint by perusing the in-game journal that I didn't need to look elsewhere. Overall, very good and a lot of fun! Glad I bought it!

Rei_D
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose-DEMO

[Post New]by Rei_D on Aug 4, 11 4:43 AM
laurakay76 wrote: " I played the demo, which only lets you get as far as replacing the planks on the bridge" IS THAT WHY I CANT FIND THE LAST FREAKIN PLANK?!?!?

Rei_D
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Rei_D on Aug 4, 11 4:48 AM
NM I just figured out why I couldnt find the last plank...

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Good Game

[Post New]by technocratee on Aug 17, 11 4:31 AM
Long enough, good graphics, good flow through the scenes, the hidden object scenes don't repeat, descent hint system, I looked at the walkthrough only once for a mini game, mini games should have been better explained. The Roses didn't have much to do.
Liked it better than the first one 'The Spell' a FROG, although I liked The Spell that's why I got the demo for this one.

[Post New]by Dirtfroggy on Sep 28, 11 2:43 AM
Loved this game not too many HOGS to ruin game play for me. I don't mind a few during the game but if there are so many it takes away from the storyline it makes it boring. I am sure another one is going to come out.. and most Vendel games are good I think. I love the little kitten with the mouse purring at the beginning of them too

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 7, 12 6:51 AM
Nice graphics nice colors and a nice fantasy story, many mini games ot play and a good challenge.

kayC89
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kayC89 on Jan 24, 12 4:18 PM
Completed the game a few days ago. Really Impressed. It was such an improvement on the spell (game one in the series), the graphics were more impressive. Gameplay was longer and more challenging. Therefore, personally I felt that the game was better value for money than the first one.

Well done for keeping the soundtrack as bearable and low key as before, my only disappointment was the lack of interaction with other characters during gameplay. For example, only the spirit of the princess appeared as a helpful guide and a very short conversation with a tree of wisdom seemed to be included for no logical reason, as no other objects or animals spoke, on a personal level, I felt this was a shame as in The Spell (game one) different characters inhabited various locations and became helpful allies. In addition to this, they provided a small, but much needed amount of variation within the core storyline. Therefore in the case of The Sword and the Rose, there was a much stronger sense of isolation than in the original game.

That said, the game was still very enjoyable and I would highly recommend it to hidden object fans. 8/10

Go to: