vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Re:Comments for Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jul 3, 11 7:16 AM
Well, I'll just jump right in the puddle here and say, I, too am disappointed in the fact that I buy a CE game and then in a couple of weeks it comes out as a SE. This has been a rather sparse summer game-wise. A few really good games, but more then a few repeats (SE's) or some really old ones offered as DD's. I really love TM's but that has really been in drought mode. Kinda like here where i live in NM. Well, maybe tomorrow will bring us all a fantastic game or two that can be bought with our sale price. Everyone have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July here in the good old USA and a safe and enjoyable Monday for all the rest of you fishies who live elsewhere. Adding an edit here, I did buy this game as a CE and really enjoyed it. I did not like the first one, tho.

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 7:17:52 AM PST

missgriz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by missgriz on Jul 3, 11 7:36 AM
I agree with most people why have a sale if you can`t use it already have the last 2 they have offered

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jul 3, 11 7:38 AM
arthurC wrote:Personally, I don't which is greater ... my delight at being able to buy a Collectors Edition on the day of release; my disappointment (three weeks later) on dashing here first thing on morning and finding said game (in the SE) is 'Tomorrows Game Today'; OR my self-satisfaction that a Collectors Edition I couldn't afford, has been released as a Standard Edition.

It's all roundabouts and swings really.

I smiled when I read your posting, ArthurC. My feelings exactly.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 3, 11 7:41 AM
praireraven wrote:the first Golden Trails was a western,,Iplayed this game {which Ienjoyed}
thinking I was going to wind up in the old west ,but no way.
why name it Golden Trails ??????

I said the same thing in the CE C&R thread...very disappointed that the western theme is not there in a game with THAT title!

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jul 3, 11 7:52 AM
Guess pirates can have trails of gold too, so perhaps the devs thought that Golden Trails can lead to the swashbucklers as well as the buckaroos. Just a thought. But the title is misleading.

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Jul 3, 11 8:13 AM
i cant afford ce either and there r a lot of them but why r u people complaining about lousy games fo 4.99 they r just like the rest where the heck will u get a game for that price

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 3, 11 8:23 AM
I am so tired of the same old same old. It's as if the developers are all stuck in hidden object mode. I think why we're getting so many CEs is because the economy is so bad and people aren't spending as much but when they do, hopefully it's on a CE. I'm not just speaking of gamers. it's everyone in all walks of life. Money is very hard to come by for allot of people, even the gaming industry. If we as players don't buy the games, then the developers can't make new games, (so to speak) I guess they make what sells best and it seems to be hidden object games. I just hope one day a good old fashion adventure game will show up again. I won't be buying this game so I'll go play one I already own.

[Post New]by fairieartist on Jul 3, 11 8:29 AM
It's Pirates?? Cool....I thought from the title (video's don't seem to play last few days) that it was a western themed game...and I dislike those. I'm off to download the trial and check it out! Reading the previous comments, I can see where the pickings are slim for the sale, for the fishies that buy the CE's. Maybe Big Fish will read some of the comments and do better for you all next time.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jul 3, 11 8:47 AM
CasualGran wrote:There's a sale going on and what do we get today? The SE of Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy. Man! Talking about a disappointing choice! Yesterday's game was a waste of money, to me anyway, today it's the SE of a CE that many of us already have, and what will it be tomorrow? Another SE of a CE? Or another new game of cheap quality?

Sale is nice, really. If... ALL customers would get something worthwile for a reduced price.

Bummer, BF. Missed chance for gaining sympathy.

For me too. I can't believe it some how. Picked 2 games to try today and "lo and behold", I've done them before!!!!
Both of them!!! Incredible.....
Have a good day!
Annie

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Jul 3, 11 8:59 AM
No buy for me.I found it dull and not very visually attractive either.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 3, 11 11:32 AM
Okay, we know that the CE games turn into SE games a few weeks down the road, so if you don't want to spend the extra money, wait a few weeks for the SE to come out. I too am sick and tired of numerous CE games and awful SE games, and I too have a number of credits sitting and waiting to expire because I can't find a nice game to use them on.

That said, I did not purchase the CE because I found it not worth the price of a CE. The games were different and somewhat fun and I do like the idea of finding items in other locations to finish a previous location, just as I love the "put the pieces together and use" type of HOG's as well (we need more of those). The music was okay, graphics good considering they were sort of cartoon-like. The SG isn't up yet, so it is hard to tell how long the game is. The length of the SG gives me a good idea as to how long the game is. I'll wait a bit to see if it comes up, but I will probably spend a credit on this one. Compared to what we have been getting, It's not that bad.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 3, 11 12:34 PM
CasualGran wrote:There's a sale going on and what do we get today? The SE of Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy. Man! Talking about a disappointing choice! Yesterday's game was a waste of money, to me anyway, today it's the SE of a CE that many of us already have, and what will it be tomorrow? Another SE of a CE? Or another new game of cheap quality?

Sale is nice, really. If... ALL customers would get something worthwile for a reduced price.

Bummer, BF. Missed chance for gaining sympathy.

Couldnt say it any better

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jul 3, 11 1:03 PM
moonlightgrey wrote:Gosh! I was delighted to see it. I am one of those who can't afford CEs (yep there are a few low income gamers).

One I've been waiting for and a sale price to boot. Thanks from me anyway BF.

Can't please everyone.

Me too and I absolutely LOVE FROGS.... I am not buying anymore junkpile HOGS or IHOGS... sick to death of them. I'll try this one, b ut I have to tell you I didn't care for the first one. I liked the FROG part but the hints were not helpful at all. Hope this one is better.

Ugh... disappointed. I thought it would be a FROG. No junk piles but still not a FROG.
Probably wont buy even for 4.99.

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 1:14:17 PM PST

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 3, 11 1:03 PM
I started the demo for this game today and wondered why it seemed so familiar, then realized that I'd already demoed it as a CE. I tried playing it for a bit anyway, but found that it didn't hold my interest. I exited out of it and checked my review list - sure enough, there was a review of the CE saying exactly what I was feeling about the SE. At least I'm consistent. From what I could see, the game is pretty much a straight H0G. I prefer adventure games and like at least a little adventure in my H0Gs, so that's probably why I found this one to be boring for me.

As far as the sale, I can't afford to buy a new game every day, so I always have a long list of games that I'd like to have. I never have a problem finding things to buy on sale or a way to use my game credits and punches. In fact, I'd be happy to help out anyone who has free game codes to use them up before they expire!!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jul 3, 11 1:25 PM
what are *all* customers - customers that have to buy a new game? What if only CE's came out during the sale? They wouldn't be on sale either? What about the customers that cannot or will not buy CE's - are they screwed out of a *new game every day* whenever CE's come out? Seriously, what are all customers? The ones that post in the most often in the forums? Is that the game forums or the CCC?
When some customer bemoan the abundance of CE's they are often told to 'suck it up' and wait for the SE, and that they don't 'have to buy the CE' - but for them it is not a 'new' game everyday .. because they cannot use their monthly credit to buy it (yeah, I know they can use two - so would that be one game every two months?)

I dont' think there is ever a time when a company can please "ALL" customers. And we don't even know what the majority of BFG customers buy ... we can only assume. I read one post about not liking se's because they are the same demo as CE's - perhaps this person never buys a game, *not trying to be person specific, just an example* but only demos - a BUNCH of people do that you know, ... are they the customers that BFG should be catering to?

Do you have access to that proprietary information - the majority of CE dislikers learned long ago to STHU, BUT that doesn't mean that the buying habits have changed, the feelings have changed, or $$ they bring to BFG has changed. In fact, I love it when they put an SE out during sales, I just got a great game for 4.99, and the only thing I would have missed out on for 9 dollars more is an hour of play .... what a deal for ME!

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jul 3, 11 1:29 PM
I own a Windows 7 ,and sometimes I wish mine didn't work so good so I could stop buying games, but my PC does not cooperate with me ,so I am stuck,BF BRING THEM ON ! I have no problems with my Windows 7

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Jul 3, 11 2:03 PM
Hello:

I have Win7 on a laptop, game works fine, don't mind the shooting
since I am a poor shot, and bought it because there still is money in
the cookie jar so to speak.

At this weekend price I give it a thumbs up.

I think Big Fish does an excellent job with the bargains they offer us.

It is highly commendable Big Fish continues to share their wealth with us.

I also liked and bought the first Golden Trails game.

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jul 3, 11 2:29 PM
Bought the game after playing only 20 minutes. Can't say more now -- have to get back to the game. Good one, Big Fish!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 3, 11 5:47 PM
Has anyone from BF (moderator or otherwise) addressed the issues discussed in this thread? I looked at the Chit Chat corner and couldn't find any responses.....

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jul 3, 11 5:53 PM
No, that is not the post I was referring to, in fact, it isn't in this thread - but is really here nor there as far as the premise is concerned. The premise stays the same. If I have time, I will go find it, but seriously, the thought that I have to prove I read it, is distasteful.
There have been several threads going on this week in both this game forum and the game forum for Love Chronicles about this issue - it is one of those.

And while we are on premises, If we are to do a soft release on the day a SE is released, is it the when the SE is the TGT or when the public release of the SE is?

Just a thought as it is not the same for ALL customers.

Go to: