Re:Comments for Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 4, 11 6:18 AM
Well I just LOVE the whimsical atmosphere, and game play, plenty to do also, collecting gems, magazines, quest to complete, decorating and very visual pleasing H0 scenes, along with mini's and puzzles, what more could you want !!
My trial flew by, so this is a must buy, I was completely absorbed, what a nice 4th of July gift, to myself...lol.
I have not been feeling well, so this CUTE offering, really lifted my spirits, the graphics are stunning, and the humor is just what the doctor ordered.
The artwork and different characters are a HOOT, the entire game is top quality made, I am sure a lot of hard work, went into making this...THANKS developers .
I am into the dark and scary games, but I also ENJOY a good whimsical gem, such as this, and anything that I can decorate is always a !
The added bonus and icing on the ..is the variety of things to do, I would have paid full price, but so glad there is a sale, well off to purchase and play .

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July :-)

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jul 4, 11 7:04 AM
What a bright, cheery and fun game!

I usually gravitate towards the dark and spooky games but this game is a delightful break.

Beautiful graphics, fun gameplay, darling characters (even the villains) a fun game for all ages and skill levels.

If you enjoyed Gardenscape you will enjoy this game.

Thanks for a charming, fun game to celebrate July 4th.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 4, 11 7:09 AM
Thank you, quarlesqueen,

You said it all and better than I could. Must have for me
and at sale price, too.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jul 4, 11 7:27 AM
I'm DL now will post back after I play. I just wish developers would graduate from the *Junk-Pile* H0 scenes,already!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jul 4, 11 7:52 AM
I had fun playing and isn't that the point? I have a credit so I'll be getting the game. Happy Independence Day. Enjoy the fireworks for me, please as we can't have any here due to severe drought conditions.

Have Fun Y'all.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jul 4, 11 8:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your drought conditions satexasgirl ,but one good thing with droughts-no mosquitoes!

Hope you find a good televised fireworks display tonight.
I used to watch "A Washington Fourth for years,because I can't take the heat or the traffic to want to go out for them.

I bought this one ,it's cute and fun to play.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 08/09/2011 at 4:20:56 AM PST

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jul 4, 11 9:16 AM
Happy 4th of July to all us American fishies! What a gr8 way to celebrate - building a new orphanage. While this game does have echoes of GardenScapes, it definitely has enough "extras" to be unique. I really enjoyed the demo and I'm off to take advantage of the sale.

Aside: I promise that this will be the last game I buy during the sale. I vow to use my Groupons and "freebies" from my punch card for here on. I will not spend any more $ this weekend! LOL

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 4, 11 9:43 AM
An absolutely delightful game. Love the humor and graphics. The cat and squirrel with the snorkel and mask cracked me up. Another hot monsoonal day here in Arizona but it won't bother me one bit. Because I'll be rebuilding an orphange and having fun doing it. Thanks BFG and kudo's to the developers.

Rated out of five 's from me.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jul 4, 11 10:31 AM
This is a cute game. I would have enjoyed it so much more if there wasn't so much reading to do. It was similar to Gardenscapes, but not as much fun. The reason was everytime you make a move, some creature shows up and starts talking. This is a no buy because of that for me, even at $4.99. It's really a shame, it could have been so good!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 4, 11 10:38 AM
i loved it because i felt like i was in the pond playing with other fishes

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 4, 11 10:43 AM
Hi everyone.

This is a really nice game. No challenges whatsoever. I love challenging games, however, it's nice to find one that doesn't make me think too hard. However, and this is a big NO-NO for me, when you leave a HOG scene before you have found all of the objects, when you go back in, you start out with ZERO objects found....you start that scene all over again. I hate that and I won't pay $6.99 for a game like that However, with the sale, I might get it. I haven't decided yet.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Jul 4, 11 10:49 AM
I love this game and was thrilled as soon as I opened it. I recognized immediately that it was by the same developers as Chronicles of Albian which is a big favorite of mine and I play it often.

I too like all the dark games and look forward to Thursday for a new CE to buy. But sometimes in the evening while watching TV (or should say listening to TV) I like to just play a simple relaxing game and this fills the bill.

Indy72
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Indy72 on Jul 4, 11 10:53 AM
This game could be fun.. when you're 6 years old
No buy for me.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Jul 4, 11 11:07 AM
Okay, I finished the demo, exiting once to make sure there were no probs starting up again, and promptly bought it. Yeeha, sale! I loved Gardenscapes and this one is along the same lines though maybe not quite as good (I miss the butler and Islabelle is no substitute). Lots to do, H0 scenes are fairly challenging, quirky characters that pop in are a hoot--love their names and goofy dialogue--AND I get to decorate again! It doesn't get much better than that. If you're looking for a challenge, this probably isn't it, but it sure is FUN! My recommendation--give it a try.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 4, 11 11:07 AM
I tried it and it does remind me of Gardenscapes, which I thoroughly enjoyed, although I didn't like the farm one. I played enough of this one to know that it will hit the spot at times. I like that I don't have to sell the items. So far, nothing tedious. So bought it, and am going to play a bit more now.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 4, 11 12:34 PM
The developers went all out with this! This isn't just a HOG--there's every other kind of puzzle you could want, from geometric shapes to card games to quizzes to mechanical puzzles to Sudoku. In addition, you search for gems in each room--those open up new rooms--and the "Oasis Monthly" magazine (find it and a new renovation--or "upgrade"--is available for your orphanage), as well as optional quests! Also, clicking on a little fast-swimming rainbow fish will subtract one of the items that you're looking for; the fish finds it for you.

Oh, and the game provides something that usually only shows in Collector's Editions--wallpaper. You unlock scene after scene of wallpaper as you play.

Add in the dozens of goofy characters with the beautifully silly names, the bright and cheery atmosphere, and the prettiness of the orphanage as it gets renovated, and this is a delight.

5 out of 5.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 4, 11 1:59 PM
Despite not caring for games like Gardenscapes, all the positive posts in the Reviewes thread has me wanting to try it. But I have a good feeling that I will end up buying it before the sale is up.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jul 4, 11 3:41 PM
pleasantly surprising

i thought i would be bored with straight HOg's
but this game has alot of different stuff to do and it's sooo adorable

love decorating games but also the game should hold my interest ..

try it out ....

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL IN THE POND

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 4, 11 3:54 PM
As most others have written, this is a bright, fun, jewel of a game. I'm not big on H0Gs, but this one was enjoyable - the items were skillfully hidden without being tiny-tiny or so dark that you can't see anything. I loved the puzzles and landscaping the yard. Reminded me so much of Gardenscape - I really liked GS but enjoyed this one even more, I think, because of the puzzles.

Happy Gaming, Fishies, and Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 4, 11 4:33 PM
This game is okay but I like Dream Inn: Driftwood better. For some reason, this one was a bit confusing to me and I didn't care for the puzzles-especially the pipes and the painting of numbers? I skipped both of them. I doubt that I would purchase it unless it was a DD and, maybe, not even then.

Go to: