Hello from developers!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Hello from developers!

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 4, 11 2:24 PM
Hello again Danny:

While I posted my earlier post, I just read this discussion again and see you addressed the voices not being in a game. Thinking back to some games I've played, I have found your answer to be "right on" as I bet that is kinda tricky to get it right as some games I've played while I enjoy the characters having a voice I must be honest and say I've found it downright annoying in some games and just had to turn it off cause I just couldn't stand it! Most games very enjoyable with the characters having a voice.

Once again just a huge kudos to you for posting here and everyone involved with this game. I can't even begin to imagine all the time/thought put into games. JUST WOW!

I know some people complain about game length when it comes to some games but as long as I'm able to get about 3 to 4 hours out of a game I'm more than satisfied. After all I would like to see the ending sometime soon.

This game here was about 5 to 6 hours for me cause I really took my time with it because I found it to be very well done.

Cheers,

Sportygal

TSDuo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by TSDuo on Jul 4, 11 3:27 PM
With every good comment we yelled "Hooray! They like it! They really like it! We actually made something good!" Every bad comment was like "Oh no! How did we miss that! This is so obvious! Oh no... they are going to hate us!"

You have done a wonderful job on this game - creative, playfully sophisticated, really amazingly well done! I was one of the many who had the twelve eyes problem, so despite everyone's frustration in that forum, I hope you also heard how impressed people were that you immediately fixed it and that isn't drowned out. Despite anyone's best attempts, rarely is something we do entirely perfect, it's what you do with the imperfections that speaks volumes about a person or a team. In your case you've shown commitment not only to a wonderful game, but also stellar customer service.

Thank you.

[Post New]by MLLatbigfish on Jul 4, 11 3:38 PM
I am also grateful that you addressed the "twelve eyes" problem so quickly! This is a great game and I am sorry the technical issues clouded that for some.

One of the things I loved was actually in the bonus content. I love that the hint was just that - Why don't you look in the attic? - rather than just "Nothing in this location" or simply an answer.

On a long game, like the Nancy Drew series, I always wait for the UHS help to come out. Walkthroughs give you just one sequence, and aren't always helpful if you are stuck somewhere other than their sequence. It was a pleasure to find the same kind of help on this game built right in!

(UHS stands for Universal Hint System)

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 4, 11 4:26 PM
MLLatbigfish wrote:

One of the things I loved was actually in the bonus content. I love that the hint was just that - Why don't you look in the attic? - rather than just "Nothing in this location" or simply an answer.

I totally agree with you on this and loved it as well. I sure hope to see this in future games instead of aimlessly wandering around trying to figure out where to go and what to do next. It's not giving the answer which I don't want but at least where I'm suppose to be in case of getting stuck at a part in the game. Then I can figure it out from there. As you said - a hint - and a nice one I must add.

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Jul 4, 11 5:21 PM
I find myself rarely posting in the forums recently. This game has done it all for me. I also had problems with the "twelve eyes" but the fact that it was resolved quickly does speak volumes as stated earlier. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this game. This is my all time new favorite game. This game is being gifted to my gaming friends from me because I know they'll love it. Thank you again!!!

[Post New]by sugamer1 on Jul 4, 11 5:54 PM
I would very much like to play this game, but I have been unable to.....Message to update my drivers (this on a new computer, but I did update). After downloading and removing 3 times, I noticed that the game had been updated. Removed and downloaded again. Now it goes from PLAY THIS GAME to PLAY AGAIN with no playing. I have downloaded several games on this computer with no problem. Please help!

Edited on 07/04/2011 at 5:57:50 PM PST

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on Jul 4, 11 6:19 PM
Hi Danny -

I'm so glad that the developers are reading and staying in touch with their audience. I usually play games while multi-tasking as a mom...so I usually turn the voice overs off - music is o.k., but it is easier/quicker to read the script. I actually didn't buy 2 different games because they don't have "closed captioning" for their cut scenes. I love Nightmare Realm - awesome game - and agree with the other poster about hating to be dropped in the middle of a game and not knowing what is going on.

Thanks for being interested in what we think.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 5, 11 12:32 AM
Dev_Danny wrote:Hey TeamSD!
Voice overs – we are certainly considering using voice overs for our future titles!!!
But these are very tricky. It’s very hard to find the right talent, especially when you are thinking about fantasy themed game like Nightmare Realm with so many different characters. As a player I remember a lot of games where I had to switch off the voice overs, because the character had a completely different voice “in my head”.

Once again thank you very much for your great comment!

Cheers!

I have a very nice voice.

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jul 5, 11 2:31 AM
Hello fishies!

My name is Vladimir and I’m from the same dev team as Danny is. I’m a total newby as a poster here but I do often come in as a reader in case to know what you like most in casual games. And I must admit it’s a great opportunity to see the reviews of the people who we made the Nightmare Realm for. We really appreciate your every opinion because it will help us to improve our next games.

So, it’s a huge THANK YOU from our whole team for playing and sharing your thoughts with us!

Cheers,
Vladimir

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jul 5, 11 2:55 AM
Hello sugamer1

We’re really sorry for the technical issues emerged and believe us – we do our best in cooperation with BFG to resolve them as quickly as possible. We really want that nothing distracts you from the game itself so you could enjoy the story as much as we did making it. So, will you please contact the BFG Customer Support and try to describe your problem in detail so we together could fix this problem asap.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jul 5, 11 2:56 AM
This is the best game that I have played in the past two years!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 5, 11 3:01 AM
rlk0045 wrote:This is the best game that I have played in the past two years!
Yes, this is the game of the year!!!

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jul 5, 11 3:08 AM
rlk0045, dobbiemijnboekje

Well guys, you just can't imagine how great does it feel to have such a feedback! We'll really try to move forward along those lines

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 3:27:16 AM PST

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jul 5, 11 3:14 AM
TSDuo, MLLatbigfish , Ucwatuget

Thanks for your support! We ourselves are gamers as well so we do know how annoying all these bugs could be. In a project like this it’s not that easy to foresee every little thing but believe us – we really tried to. You know, practice makes perfect - we'll try to avoid these problems in our next game and of course we'll leave no stone unturned to fix every bug you point out for this release.

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 3:16:24 AM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jul 5, 11 4:48 AM
Seeing how much others enjoy this game and having the game developers interested in what we think.... had to try it. Played then had to buy... Great graphics, interesting story, fit my wide screen monitor, choose easy mode or not.... Winning game for me - felt drawn into the game and want to keep playing, became immersed ... Thanks for such a great game! Off to play some more

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jul 5, 11 4:56 AM
Thank you, MsFreddie! The pleasure is all ours Hope you enjoy the game even more while the story unfolds!

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 5:03:53 AM PST

[Post New]by playfulruth on Jul 5, 11 5:05 AM
Hi Danny, hi Vladimir, I rarely post here but I have to tell you that this is an outstanding game, not only because of the great graphics and the really superb mix between hog-scenes and adventure parts but also because the story works fine. There are so many games where the story is somewhat poor and one has the impression that it's only there because there has to be some kind of storyline, but this one gives the impression of having been carefully developed and it's really interesting and thrilling, with or without voiceovers - and I don't think that there are too many cutscenes, they are necessary for a really good plot. I also loved the story of the bonus-game!

I am looking forward to your next game!

Dev_V
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_V on Jul 5, 11 5:45 AM
Oh, thanks a lot playfulruth! I 100% agree with you! The one thing that we are completely sure is that you cannot sacrifice the storyline to any other components of the game (also very important though). We were raised on some classic adventure titles where it was the story that clutched you tight and guided all the way. Therefore, we wanted to create a game that we would enjoy by ourselves as players.

Our team is also looking forward to a sequel – we already have some ideas that we are longing to bring to life

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 5, 11 6:07 AM
I can't wait for the next game.

And I am little bit curious too.

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 6:10:17 AM PST

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Jul 5, 11 6:46 AM
I delayed posting in here until today. Had to wait to get the game until Friday (budget didn't stretch until then) - then a 3 day holiday weekend with both my guys (husband and son) home.

Loved the game. I got all the oregani (misspelled) - but didn't figure out what the bonus for getting all was.

Thanks for a game that was well-thought out. On my way to play it again.

Go to: