dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Reviews for Crop Busters

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 10, 11 10:37 AM
This game is what Farmscapes would be if it were really, really boring. There is no storyline, and yes, I like a simple little storyline. I like a little something to hook me in and make me care just a little about what is going on. There is no choice in the upgrades you buy, so there is no opportunity to customize your farm, which means there's little replay value. Maybe I'll try this "Farm Frenzy game that everyone else seems to like so much.

Edited on 07/10/2011 at 12:23:26 PM PST

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Jul 11, 11 3:20 PM
The goals are to earn enough money playing M3's to purchase each increasingly expensive upgrade. I've purchased all the upgrades but have still played only 70% of the levels. What's the point to continue, none.

Also the M3 gameplay is extremely easy.

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on Jul 14, 11 6:04 PM
Great graphics, no real storyline, and no choices in how to furnish your farm--you just buy each item until you run out of items, like I have. The only thing remaining is for me to get the trophies. The girl just walks around saying the same 10 or 12 things over & over. Like others here, I prefer Farmscapes because of the storyline, you could do more interacting with the insects, animals & characters, and you had more choice in what to buy for your farm. I have and enjoy all the Farm Frenzy games so I got this game based on them, but I was disappointed by Crop Busters.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 21, 11 4:16 AM

Unfortunately, I bought this game.

It runs so slowly on my computer I could go in the kitchen and make a pot of tea before the tiles can finish their move after selection.

So frustrating I will be requesting a refund, which I rarely do.

Simply unplayable.

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Jul 28, 11 2:34 PM
I have now decided that this is the most unchallenging and once there is nothing more to obtain for the farm (Something which occurs after about 70% of the game has ben played) is totally boring. So much so that I have deleted it!!!
It's just not worth the money. Don't buy it

sherheff
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by sherheff on Aug 6, 11 3:31 PM
This is the first time I have ever been disappointed in a bigfish game. I promptly purchased it without trying out, which I usually don't do, because it looked like a Farm Franzy game in M3 format. I expected to be able to DO something with the farm, once I purchased the upgrades.
I don't recommend this game. It is too easy to be entertaining.
:-(

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 5, 11 3:44 AM
I've been spoiled by Gardenscapes and Farmscapes. I've done three gardens in Gardenscapes, two farms in Farmscapes I love those games because the graphics are terrific and there are choices for each thing you buy. The only downsides to those games are the loading time is slow for each game, and in Gardenscapes you are forced to buy a mini-golf course for the garden (seems very out of place to me, and not attractive) and a $5000 dart board for Farmscapes. Wish you could opt out on features you don't want.

With Crop Busters, the graphics are not that good. The interactive parts of the two "Scapes" games is not there. Someone here commented that it looked less like a farm and more like an industrial complex, and they are right. (The spinnery looks ridiculous to me with its huge balls of yarn) The buildings are not attractive. Everything should look charming but there is no charm here. Another person here complained that the woman said the same things over and over and they are right.

In the M-3 portion, I found it difficult to see the trucks and gold bars. Sometimes I didn't know there was a gold bar there until I had cleared off all the crates, finished the trucks, and the level didn't end. Then I started looking for the gold bars. It would have been nice if it had a way to show there are trucks on the level and/or gold on the level so you could keep your eyes peeled for it. On the other hand, since there is no timer, I guess they figured that you could keep playing until you figured it out.

Who buys a kennel before they buy a dog?

Pros: I love the cat. I'm a cat lover. But the downside of this cat is that I can't spend all my time watching the cat. If I want to watch a cat for any length of time, I have two of my own.

If this was a DD, I might consider it, but still not sure. In the farm (if that's what it is), I don't see any crops in Crop Busters except the squash that is in the M-3 part. And the title is confusing. Ghost Busters got rid of ghosts. Dust Busters get rid of dust. So in this game we get rid of crops? Maybe that's why we don't see any and the gal is building sweet factories and bakeries.

[Post New]by beerbqgirl on Jan 1, 12 1:01 AM
I played this game to what seems to be the end, but I am still missing 1 AWARD "playing patiently" I believe that I have played patiently as this is not the most exciting game out there. In fact it is kind of boring. I have exceesed the 100 levels and still can not get this last AWARD. I also thought the game would get harder as I went along but... no such luck. it is a good game to "pass the time" but I so dislike games that you can not finish, complete or win.

For anyone looking for how to get the AWARD "taking care of your pet" On your farm, you have to "click" on your animals (dog, cat, bird, cow, chickens etc... 100 times) this will give you the award.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Aug 7, 12 11:04 PM
No sale! I've been getting into M3's lately and found this thinking it would be the perfect blend of M3 and a "fix it up" type game buying things for the farm. But the boards are blah with zero flash, the objects you match blend together, and worst of all when you finally get the first bonus (chicken bonus) by matching eggs all it does is take out one block?! BORING. If I'm gonna earn bonus things they need to blow stuff up or take out a row and show some bling!!! Sorry devs but this one is epic fail. If someone just wants a slow moving M3 then maybe this will fit the bill but it's not for me. (Kudos for making it untimed however.)

2 stars.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 12, 14 5:26 PM
Based on completed game:

This is probably the easiest M3 game I have. Basically you match three and that's it. You do get to release trucks which carry away selected items and buy items to build up your farm. There are also gold bars to be released.

I played it once and completed it and then my computer got hacked and so all my progress disappeared and I'm playing it again.

I like this game. It was one of the first M3 games I bought. I like the bright colors of both the tiles and the farm. I enjoy playing it when I am under stress. I've never run into a glitch or had any problem.

I think this would be an excellent game for children because it is so happy and colorful. That's probably why I like it so much. Sometimes I do feel sad and it's a guaranteed pick-me-up.

I would not recommend this game if you want to use strategy. There are lots of very good M3 games in which strategy is necessary. It's not necessary here. And sometimes that can be very good.

Happy gaming!!

Edit: I forgot about the gold bars. How embarrassing.

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 7:14:08 PM PST

Go to: