Re:Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by LadyJo007a on Jul 6, 11 2:20 PM
I have just finished getting to the freeze point (a different level, but same location) in front of the Cheap Housing for the second time. Of course both times were after I had finished my hour trial and my purchasing it. I thought it was a fun game to relax with and not have to think too hard during our warm summer days, which finally got here. My pet has been here each night while I was sleeping, but it wasn't always putting out the hearts of happiness as it was supposed to. I'm glad I'm not in this alone, but I am sorry that there are others in the same boat.

I hope Big Fish can get the makers of the game to correct the problems.

I also have my character, which had a nice dress on, in bra and panties. Her dress just disappeared into thin air.

Good luck everyone with getting your games fixed.

Have a great day.

[Post New]by mikeyas on Jul 6, 11 3:23 PM
Wow. I am amazed at how glitchy this game is and very disappointed also in BigFish releasing a game with so many problems. The sofa/footstool issue is an incredibly error and I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped a lot of people from actually purchasing the game.

Luckily, I checked the forum and thanks to a member, was able to continue on. Unfortunately, there are other serious problems as well. My biggest problem seems to be how long it takes it cycle through the night. 9 times out of 10, it takes at least 4 to 5 minutes for the next day to arrive. Please fix this. This is incredibly annoying.

CazGamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CazGamer on Jul 6, 11 3:29 PM
I'm having the same problems as previously listed. Pets not showing up, run out of day and gets stuck, slow passage of night with background movement slowed to a crawl. Not much fun at the higher levels with so many glitches.

[Post New]by dpruski on Jul 6, 11 4:52 PM
Can't go to sleep at cheap residence. Tried restarting the game with two different characters both did the same. Also pet cat won't come at night. What's Big Fish going to do if I already bought this game. Game also slows dramatically after a while.

[Post New]by Bogizzy on Jul 6, 11 7:59 PM
When creating a character, unable to create a name. The name duplicates the first letter entered or an arrow symbol.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jul 6, 11 8:15 PM
EXACTLY! the goals are NOT very clear as to what, where, and which one?
i spent on stuff i did NOT need to because of the idiot who did the directions for the goals! oh, and another thing how come we cannot c what the "other person"
is up too? in the goal section on pacebook it just shows the bar but not what they have accomplished so far...idk...so please please BigFish get them to FIX this too
they should have put way more thought into this game again i reiterate;
DO NOT get a game with soo many issues technically, story wise, and direction wise.

anyway thanks and hopefully this gets actually read buy someone who can "get her done" and these ALL these issues that everone has posted!

have a fun time gaming

[Post New]by butterfly28 on Jul 6, 11 8:33 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the cheap home freezing and the player losing her clothes. I just hope they have a fix without having to start over. I have restarted this game with a new player three times already and don't want to go back and start all over

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Jul 6, 11 10:34 PM
I bought this game......

I have to agree with all the above problems, I also had a problem buying the cars. I could buy all the cars available but still never completed level.

And without the option to restart the level at any point. It's impossible to do anything like repeat or move on.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 6, 11 11:32 PM
NULL wrote:Oh and on the career which requires you to have been sailing 5 times, I've been sailing at least 10 with each boat and so far haven't been allowed to try that career. Can't remember which one it is.

I had the same problem, though I think that you were supposed to go sailing four times. I had already been ten times for the dissertation and tried five more times and I still couldn't get the job.

Edited to add: the devs really need to work on avatars being able to keep their clothes on. I have to admit I laughed aloud when mine started parading around in her bra and undies, but I would have been far more annoyed if it had happened before she had had her modeling career!

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 11:36:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Teya74 on Jul 7, 11 1:12 AM
Yeah I have had all the problems as everyone else with the exception of the freezing. Have had to waste a lot of money purchasing different things trying to complete the levels. Just a bit frustrating when the game is soooooo buggy. Not sure why BG put this game up when it obviously needed to be tested and FIXED!!!

moetown18
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moetown18 on Jul 7, 11 5:31 AM
I am on the second to last task. ( you have to buy the most expensive jewelry).
The game freezes and I am stuck in my mansion. I can go no where !! Alot of problems with this game! Freezes alot and NO EXPLANATION whats so ever of prices...eg: cost of condo or mansion. Same thing with the boat..... it says to buy a boat ...i had to buy 3 boats before I got the one they actually wanted to buy.
This should have been a BETA game!

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Jul 7, 11 6:13 AM
laeddie wrote:Downloaded twice but game would not play due to application error. Don't have any problem with any others recently.
DITTO FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ERROR126

mrsbigbig
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mrsbigbig on Jul 7, 11 7:45 AM
Also had a lot of these problems except for the freezing issue. Way to many glitches and the game isn't very clear on what goals need to be accomplished. After much frustration and tons of money spent on stuff in the game...I can honestly say that I'm very disappointed in the game. Was really looking forward to it after playing Lifequest and other similar games.

I think this game needs to go back and be started all over again. Alawar is usually a good developer but wow! What a mess! I hope they can get their stuff together before releasing another game like this.

[Post New]by Stpaulyboy on Jul 7, 11 4:39 PM
Horrible is all i can say. the game itself is awsome, with great potential, but greed made the makers put this out before it was ready. ive had ALL of the problems talked about in this post, i bought the game, and im deleting it, and will never download it, or any sequal again. you who made this game, you suck.

egallag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by egallag on Jul 7, 11 7:21 PM
I purchased the game in spite of the issues. But now they are getting troublesome -

1. Every time I minimize it, the game freezes and I have to ctrl, alt, del and shut down and restart.

2. I was well into a game beat maybe 7-8 challenges in, and the game just stopped working.

Lots of bugs, hope we can get a fix soon.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 7, 11 8:06 PM
I have re-started the game 2 times. the first time it got stuck, could not move, sleep, nothing. 2nd time the goals would not register correct. now my clothes are not showing up in my closet, so, I can not complete the model job. and the goal is stuck again. got the star then it just shows the same screen did not go to the next challenge. I am getting sick of this. I suspended my subscription for now. I am tired of games for sale that have not been through a quality control check!

Andie203
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Andie203 on Jul 7, 11 9:07 PM
At night, the game all of a sudden slows down to a crawl. A day goes by in like 30 seconds of time, but then it will take 5+ minutes for the night to pass by. It seems to correlate with whether the pets show up in the blue area underneath the meters. But it's really, really annoying.

[Post New]by chadelpina on Jul 7, 11 11:07 PM
LOLOVESHOG wrote:
laeddie wrote:Downloaded twice but game would not play due to application error. Don't have any problem with any others recently.
DITTO FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ERROR126

Same for me, but it doesn't even give me an error message, just boots me back to my desktop. I have downloaded and played dozens of games from this site with no such error. Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it? (Windows 7 operating system)

jacee5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by jacee5 on Jul 7, 11 11:29 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by bloggerchickster on Jul 7, 11 11:44 PM
My 1st character glitched. Couldn't go anywhere or do anything. So, I started a new game. There are a TON of mistakes, aside from the freezing glitch, that make the game incredibly irritating!

For example:

Go sailing 10 times. Logic dictates one would go sailing in a sailboat, but no, you don't. It was one of the other boats.

Buy a sofa. Simple enough. Go to the furniture store and oh, wait, I can't get a sofa yet. Great. Then, as it turns out, you aren't supposed to be buying a "sofa", you have to buy a footstool. Grr. This one actually has two mistakes?!

Buy the fastest car. None of the cars list have anything in their description about speed. I think "fastest" meant "most expensive".

Write a dissertation. I think what happened with this one is simply a mistake of transposing some code. On the menu the masters degree and the dissertation degree appear to be listed backward as the degrees don't follow the same pattern as the rest. With the amount of time it takes to complete those, to fail the challenge because youwasted too much time doing the wrong one.

That isn't the entire list of issues, but it is some of the more problematic ones.

I did manage to beat the game but I can't get all the awards. On the locked tap of the awards page I still need to visit every location (26/28?), for winning 10 awards (0/10?), and winning 20 awards (0/20?).

I have to say that it is insanely unprofessional to release a game this buggy. Programmers everywhere fwould be disgusted at the way they do their work. It is shameful..

Go to: