jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Comments for Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jul 7, 11 1:43 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Um, I hate to be hard to please, I really do, but I didn't like the TGT or this soft release today. I tried to like them... It just didn't happen for me.

Good Morning all.

likewise Shadowfax

I have tried so much to give this game a fair chance, esp as it is from a new dev.

Well there are sound options & a full screen option & it appears you can get more hints by clicking on newspapers. However, click the same newspaper 100 times & it tells you you have a new hint 100 times.

Areas to check are glowing in a red outline.

I enjoyed the puzzles, different if a little slow & if I made a wrong choice my curser jumped off the picking screen which although mildly annoying just made me be more careful when selecting pieces.

The hidden object scenes were horrendous. I know my eyes are not brilliant but I cleaned my glasses & screen (Jojo's first rule when graphics appear poor)

They were far t dark & blurry t make anything out, thank goodness there desn not appear to be a fast random click penalty as that was the only way I progressed.

When you do find an object it highlights in red before disappearing oh so slowly, painfully slowly, so slow you could have a shower between randomly clicking to find the next object.

Then there were the lags between moving onto the next scene. several times I was just clicking away to try & get a new objective to do & eventually the next scenario would appear. I am not in a hurry to get anywhere, but Christmas is coming & I don't think I could finish this game by then.

Very disappointing as I love the premise of this game & what I have read of the story line.

Jojo

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 7, 11 1:47 AM
Figure this one out.
I came out of this game, went back in, put the SAME numbers in the safe code and it worked!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 7, 11 1:49 AM
Great comment jojo! My thoughts exactly.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 7, 11 2:02 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Then there were the lags between moving onto the next scene. several times I was just clicking away to try & get a new objective to do & eventually the next scenario would appear. I am not in a hurry to get anywhere, but Christmas is coming & I don't think I could finish this game by then.
Jojo

ROFLMAO
This immediately jumps into my top 10 favorite and classic comments as regards game reviews... Thanks for a great big chuckle this morning Jojo!!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 7, 11 2:10 AM
I still don't know about this game, even after 50 minutes of play. It IS different, but I just got a slew of games on the 4th of July sale (I ran out of money early last month, so I had several I could buy at the discount) so I just might hold off buying this one until there is another sale or I run out of things to play. I have the strong feeling that I will eventually purchase it, though.

It certainly doesn't look like a game that will bore us, but it has the feel of a game that was not written in English, and they got around the language barrier by minimizing written dialog and instructions. It has interesting sound effects but no spoken dialog. So far I am able to understand the storyline.

I do like the graphics, even though some scenes are a bit on the dark side. The scribbled font that is used in some puzzles and in the H0 lists is interesting. I have run into several of the puzzles where you build the picture by picking the matching block from one side of the screen - so far they have been fun, but if there are many more that style of puzzle could get very tedious.

This is certainly one of those games that you will need to try for yourself, and decide for yourself. And please, play at least half the demo before you make your decision, because it takes that long to figure out what the heck you are supposed to be doing and to get used to the unusual gameplay!

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 2:12:22 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 7, 11 3:24 AM
This has to be one of the worst games ever! The stupid black shutters when changing scene, dark fuzzy graphics, and the awful 'click on a piece very slowly one at a time to pad the game out' laborious jigsaws!
Roll on tomorrow............

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Jul 7, 11 4:41 AM
Sorry just can't get on with this one. If a game doesn't grab me straight away I do tend to quit. This one lasted 10 minutes. Dark scenes, boring puzzle. Liked the music tho.

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 4:42:18 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jul 7, 11 4:43 AM
I think there is a basis of a good game here trying to get out. But unfortunately it is not trying hard enough!1 LOL

I enjoyed the different take on a jigsaw, although I wish it had given me a bit longer to find the piece before showing me where it was. This was different and original.

Overall I felt a tad confused and like others I didn't find it easy navigating from place to place. My main gripe is this though: PLEASE let us put inventory into place on the screen. I hate it when the game does it for me.

I hope these new developers take our points on board as I felt they have tried really hard to bring us something original.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 7, 11 5:22 AM
I am with Shadowfax. I played both this game demo and TGT and found both horribly lacking. This one I only played 7 min. of and lost interest. I will come back when I have more time and give it another chance though.
I felt like I was roaming around waiting for something to happen.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 7, 11 5:33 AM
This game is very different, I don't know if i really like the game or not, I do like the puzzles..the graphics are to dark..I will give this game more thought..

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jul 7, 11 6:32 AM
There is something about cartoon frames at the beginning of games that get me...in a bad way. I tried to like this game, but I don't.

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 7, 11 7:13 AM
Hi Lovely,

This game is different, yeah and it's interesting, some scenes are dark, but not all.

I can't lost this game

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 7, 11 7:27 AM
Thanks to BFG for offering a non-CE soft release in addition to Today's New Release on a day when TGT is a CE edition!

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on Jul 7, 11 8:14 AM
Maybe I am really hard to please, but I didn't enjoy this one at all. Very poor translation. Very little storyline coherence from scene to scene, as your character just seems to flit from location to disconnected location. The written parts look like they were done by a six-year-old. The **** scenes are dark and, well, just plain ugly. However, I ducked out after only 30 minutes of the trial version, so maybe it gets better. For me, I think this one is a big disappointment.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Jul 7, 11 8:27 AM
I tried the demo and found this to be a rather crudely and cheaply made game. A couple of things that I find annoying; dragging out the way the jigsaw puzzle is done to just add length to the game and the obvious "stealing" of identical objects from other games. I noticed on the desk the pirate scull is the identical one in the game of Clutter. I'm not real sure if this was made by the same developer. If so then they are free to use it and I don't have a problem with that. I am turned off when a lot of filler is used to make a game seem longer, much like the chase scenes in movies. Not a buy for me.

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Jul 7, 11 8:43 AM
All I can say and it is only my opinion ------- what a load of rubbish this game is.
As I say its only my opinion.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 7, 11 8:49 AM
Jojo, used to say that about Goofy's revews & comments : great job !

I can only just agree, though I do like puzzles but the whole thing bored me after a (short) while.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jul 7, 11 9:13 AM
i had high hopes for this game when it first started out,bloody hand prints, great 1st puzzle opening safe in bedroom. after first few minutes after he leaves bedroom it was all bad. I was forced into a screen with finding pieces of a tiny puzzles barely any colors in many of them or just black and white NO skip feature it began to loose fun. Next when I saw the hidden objects scenes this is done so poorly it is laughable! I really tried to like this game,but when I have to do **** just by opening a door to a room, again just still pictures of lab table etc that angered me. The last straw was being stuck at two doors with what appears to be a sun and moon. The hint is no help one time it shows me a doorknob on the right, but sun or moon doesn't work, I have another item but since there are no descriptions on objects don't know what it is. None of the 3 items are working here. Hint doesn't work at all now,guy just pops up and says if you don't know what to do hit hint! Finally with 9 minutes left of demo, I left game disgusted and have one thought in my mind now. "Where do I go to get 1 hour of my life back that I Just wasted?" I rate this lower than 1 star if there was such a scale. i am curious though how do you get pass the 2 doors without any handle? Grrr this game will never see the light of day of my money!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 7, 11 12:37 PM
I knew it wasn't going to be a good game when I couldn't figure out how to put my name in the box! LOL Just didn't like it, hard to navigate, confusing as to what to do, etc. Not a buy even for $2.99.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 1:18 PM
Hi there,
Well, I finally got around to trialling this one and my opinion? Hmmmm. I don't think this will be added to my list of games. Very tedious in fact - especially if those jigsaw puzzle sequences are going to continue as cross-overs between stages/chapters.
The "stages" in the H0 sections was an interesting idea (if you can find them in the sometimes dark scenes), but no explanation regarding what was happening there - in fact really very little "story" to this at all. I don't particularly like a lot of dialogue, but I do like a good story and this game seems lacking in this regard.
Direction? Click, move, click, move, see a lot of doors, click, move etc.
There might be the makings of an OK game here, but after 55 minutes of the trial, it has not interested me enough to make me want to purchase it.
So I guess someone else will have to rescue Kate.
Cheers

Go to: