Re:Reviews for Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue

[Post New]by mysticlady4 on Jul 7, 11 9:54 PM
I was extremely disappointed in this game. When I first saw the screenshots and front pic, I thought this game would be fun. Then I played the trial and it was boring and stupid. I didn't play after 10 minutes, no buy.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jul 8, 11 7:04 AM
Wow this is awful. It seemed to stall several times until I realized it was just trying to transition to the next scene. The hidden objects are impossibly dark. The puzzle thing is annoying. Slow game - bad graphics. No way.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 8, 11 3:15 PM
I demoed this one because sometimes I tend to like games others don't and I thought there was no way it could actually be as bad as others thought. Well, I was wrong. It is that bad. I lasted about 5 minutes, but most of that was in getting it to do something. I couldn't really get the screen to move to progress the storyline so I wound up skipping everything. Once I got to the first scene, it wouldn't do anything really. It took forever, it seemed, to get the game to start.

Way too much hand holding. Apparently you get a new hint every time you click on a newspaper of which there is one in every scene. There isn't any problem finding the newspapers as they are large and extremely obvious. The loud noise that accompanies the finding of a newspaper was irritating. I didn't find the graphics that bad, but the whole gameplay was weird. It didn't flow and I felt like my hand was being held the whole time. Sorry, but definitely not a purchase for me.

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 8, 11 3:59 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:I demoed this one because sometimes I tend to like games others don't and I thought there was no way it could actually be as bad as others thought. Well, I was wrong. It is that bad. I lasted about 5 minutes, but most of that was in getting it to do something. I couldn't really get the screen to move to progress the storyline so I wound up skipping everything. Once I got to the first scene, it wouldn't do anything really. It took forever, it seemed, to get the game to start.

Way too much hand holding. Apparently you get a new hint every time you click on a newspaper of which there is one in every scene. There isn't any problem finding the newspapers as they are large and extremely obvious. The loud noise that accompanies the finding of a newspaper was irritating. I didn't find the graphics that bad, but the whole gameplay was weird. It didn't flow and I felt like my hand was being held the whole time. Sorry, but definitely not a purchase for me.

Hi,

The hints recharge automatically...

When you click at the newspaper it just complete the hint charge...

=p

try to complete the demo, after the forest you will play only at labs, factory and subway... clear scenes.

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 3:59:56 PM PST

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 8, 11 6:32 PM
Just three words LAME LAME and LAME, sorry, definate no buy!!

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 8, 11 8:01 PM
About game story:

Spoiler

The game idea gives the player a chance to use his imagination to think about it, Dean need saves Kate, Who is Kate? I can think... oh Kate is in danger.. so she is calling somebody that she has affective relations...
About scenes... by the way Dean finds a passage thinking in Kate tips, so it would be a secret passage to sub area(labs, subway...)

end Spoiler

Regards

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 6:32:34 AM PST

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Jul 9, 11 4:52 AM

The only "silent evil" in this game is that BFG would actually have it on their site. Too dark to find objects, disjointed poor English translation instructions, poor puzzles and just way below quality expected from BFG. I wasted a free game code on this and played as long as I could tolerate and then deleted from my computer as I know I would not return to game. Really poor poor quality for a BFG.

[Post New]by rosepast on Jul 9, 11 9:33 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. The game is not user friendly. I was in three times trying to get some responses and nothing. I think we all who purchased this game need a refund.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 9, 11 4:15 PM
I try to give games a fair shot by playing at least half the demo but at about 15 min. I hit the second hidden object scene and could see nothing but dark and more dark.

It's a shame because I usually like this type of "rough cut" game but this was presented so badly. A truely terrible attempt. More pracitice needed Devs.

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Jul 11, 11 2:29 AM
I can see why this was a second release on this day...wow...really bad...the "puzzles" take forever to finish...Boring!!
Well..they can not all be great ones I guess...

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

PowerPoint presentation with hotspots...

[Post New]by SuzyF on Jul 12, 11 5:51 PM
This was pretty bad ~ I did give it a full 30 minutes (that I'll never get back), before I packed it in. Weird configuration and pedantic transitions, it's like they didn't even try. Poor English translation. Too bad too, story line had some teeth. Oh well...

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 6:16 PM
Wow, if that really bad like everyone has said. Then there is no point for me in trying the demo out.

[Post New]by Jinx1998 on Jul 13, 11 5:45 PM
Very boring game! I am used to better graphics and more interaction and adventure. I know I wasted money on this game. Do not buy!

[Post New]by kellouakers on Jul 14, 11 2:16 PM
in all honesty i played 30 minutes of free trial glad i didn t purchase it
not a great game at all. Graphics are dull, hard to navigate, not alot of instruction and very slow paced and jumpy

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 15, 11 5:05 PM
One of the few demos I did not complete. I agree with the negative reviews. This could have been a good game.

Very dark graphics, hard to find objects, alot of the objects were dark colored on dark backgrounds. Used hint to find a few items and could not see the object even when it was circled in red, just clicked in the circle and hit object by accident.

The only mini games I hit were puzzle peices that you had to match by design on each individual puzzle peice. As another reiewer stated the game felt disjointed.

This game is not even on my DD list. No buy for me.

Hope others enjoyed this game.

Happy game day

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 16, 11 4:42 AM
Oh dear me, this was just awful! It started out interesting enough, different style of gameplay and HOG scenes. But you don't actually complete any actions, as long as you have the item(s) needed, click on the place they are needed and it's done for you! And it quickly became HOG scene after HOG scene. In fact, I think it should have been classified as a straight HOG as there is no interacting. There are puzzles, but really quite easy and repetitive.
Didn't find the story interesting enough to keep my attention, so deleted after about 20 minutes.

I hardly ever post anything about the games I play, so if you see something from me, it's either stonking (fantastic) or absolute drek (awful).

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jul 17, 11 12:33 PM

What a horrible game!

For a start it's S--L--O--W. There are instructions you can't skip and they seem to have been written for people with extremely subnormal reading skills given how long they force you to read each line. The actual gameplay creeps along as well. I can't remember when I last played anything this slow.

One minigame is a jigsaw puzzle, but not the usual kind: there is a window where individual pieces come up and you have to click on the matching piece in a window full of them, then it places itself. It might have been a cute idea if it weren't so darn SLOW!

Also, I'm usually pretty tolerant of dark H0 scenes, but these aren't just dark, they are so blurred and fuzzy they seem to have a couple of layers of gauze over them as well. And I prefer to play in windowed mode because I have a very good monitor - I can only imagine how blurry everything must be full-screen on an older one!

There is also a "feature" whereby if you click on what looks like a newspaper page in a scene the game tells you "You've found a hint!". However, since nowhere is there a number showing how many hints you have it's really quite useless.

Goodness knows what the developers were thinking. IF[i] they were thinking....

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jul 17, 11 12:38 PM
mplskate wrote:Sorry but this set a new record time for me. 2 minutes into the demo and I had to exit. Even the tutorial/orientation would be confusing for a new game player. I respectfully suggest the developers spend a little more time with games that have stronger support on here to find out what makes them special.

YES! Excellent idea!

The game gives the impression that the dev(s) have never played a modern game. It's as though someone tried to write a mystery story without having actually read one.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 20, 11 4:18 AM
If you read the thread "Very sorry" you will see the dev wants to learn from their mistakes. I have given them some suggestions, maybe others could, too.

[Post New]by mistychip on Jul 22, 11 3:37 AM
I lasted about half an hour on the demo, got a headache doing the very bad hidden object scenes!!! Will not be wasting any more time on this game, sorry big fish, you usually do much better than this!

Edited on 07/22/2011 at 3:39:13 AM PST

Go to: