PuppyPak9
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Post any Foreign Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by PuppyPak9 on Jul 8, 11 8:18 AM
Same here...blank screen when I insert the letters.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jul 8, 11 9:17 AM
I am also getting a black screen after trying to insert the letter into the book

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Jul 8, 11 9:28 AM
Same - blank screen when I try to use the letters on the book.
I get a quick flash of the skip button area and then I get the identification of the credit card when I roll the cursor over where it should be, i have run Dr. Felix and reported it to CS.

winterlyn
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by winterlyn on Jul 8, 11 9:35 AM
My game froze at the letters in the book part too. I uninstalled, reinstalled and same problem. Wish they would work this bug out.

[Post New]by bccrte on Jul 8, 11 9:39 AM
in the area of the childhood home with the table in the middle of the scene if you open up the table and have it open when you finish finding all the missing items. it will not give you the missing parts to make the dream catcher...i had to leave that area and return to a previous one then go back to get it to load the dream catcher parts.

other then that the game ran fine with no problems.
thank you for an interesting game.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 8, 11 9:43 AM
Same issue here. Black screen after putting letters on book. Had to ACD to get out of the game.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Jul 8, 11 9:47 AM
Received Error: Access Violation after finding first of Victor's items and game quit. Restarted and got almost back to where it stopped, continued for a few minutes and got Error: Access Violation again when starting to go down the stairs and game quit again. Not going to waste any more time and uninstalled game.

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Jul 8, 11 9:54 AM
game downloaded fine. got thru the first part. when i went down the ladder to the alley I needed clock hands and key. Found them but game won't let me pick them up. THen tryed to go to main menu and cant do that either. Game has serious issues. Another day without a game!!!! Having a hard time even using up my free game tokens lately.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jul 8, 11 9:57 AM
This is going to be a no buy game. I got to the first dream and got the Access Error. Second time the screen froze with the LOADING on the screen and I had to turn my computer off manually. Third time I went through the process of the obtaining personal belongings and the puzzle and on to the loading of the dream. Got the Access Error again. I can't get past the first dream without an error. The game seemed like it might be fun if I could get to play it.

[Post New]by gloryfarm on Jul 8, 11 10:11 AM
I am just adding myself to the list of folks who are getting errors on the book and letters. black screen, freezes up my laptop. did the whole uninstall, reinstall, etc to no avail. will not try again. too bad bf.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Jul 8, 11 10:44 AM
I also get the black screen when trying to 'repair' the book with the letters. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Too bad, I think I'd like this game IF IT WOULD ONLY WORK!!!

[Post New]by jazzycat1223 on Jul 8, 11 10:52 AM
A lot of technical issues lately. This is getting bad. I want to play a new game but it seems I will have to go back and play an olod one.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 8, 11 11:17 AM
Hello everyone,

It looks like a number of you are seeing a black/blank screen after the letters in the book. If you could please write in to Tech Support with as much information, including a screenshot and a Dr. Felix report, that would really help us collect more information and find a resolution to this issue.

If you're experiencing an Access Violation error, please take a look at this help article for some troubleshooting steps:

Access Violation

Need further assistance? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Thank you!

*You can click on the bold words for more information

-bfgArnoStyx

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 8, 11 12:26 PM
None of the other tech problems, but in-game:
Game cursor can be turned off in the Settings, but the system cursor can't be used at all. No reaction on items or buttons etc.
Win XP, NVidia graphic card.

Won't try any rescue, just adding to the collection here.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Jul 8, 11 2:45 PM
Same thing - black screen when I try to put the letters into the book. I don't have the time or the inclination to try different solutions. A no-buy for me.

[Post New]by bugsj1107 on Jul 8, 11 3:23 PM
Downloaded game fine, soon as I started the game got a stop error. Had to restart computer, tried again, same thing. Deleted game, no more stop error.

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jul 8, 11 4:35 PM
Just adding my two cents about receiving the access violation error. Managed to play the game a little, got the error. Now click on Play and get the error! ridiculous...

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jul 8, 11 8:58 PM
MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH FIRST SCREEN!

The game downloads fine. I set the "settings". Then when the first screen opened, and I am trying to find the first 5 objects...Major Glitch.

HINT BUTTON...Did not work.

I had to leave the game and come back. Then I was able to obtain the blindfold and the pills but only after a few tries.

BUT..the other objects are clearly visible, YET I can't get the alarm clock; or the bracelet AND again the hint button does not work.

I opened and closed the game 3 times, but the game just sticks here.

Can't get past the first screen. Too Bad!!!! Gave Up!

OnWI

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 9, 11 12:23 AM
OnWi, if you chose "Custom cursor OFF" in the Settings, that might be the same 'problem' than I described above. With the system cursor, no buttons work, couldn't get the alarm clock, etc.
Just an idea, if you like: Try again w/ the game cursor ON.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jul 9, 11 5:00 AM
Same as other posts screen freezing when putting letters in book still got lots ofother games to try tho just come back from holiday in egypt so got lots of catching up.

Go to: