swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Reviews for Foreign Dreams

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 8, 11 2:35 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:Wow... I guess I am the lone ranger here. I liked the graphics, story, eh..., so-so but I want to know if my ideas about what happened were right or not, so I guess they hooked me with the story despite myself. LOL I was having fun when the demo ended and I most likely will use a punch card coupon code for this one...

ETA: I had no problem with full screen and didn't have to adjust anything, it just played right. No tech issues whatsoever here... Win7 64bit.

You're not alone! I was also intrigued by the story, and had no issues with graphics or the game-play. It wasn't your regular run-of-the-mill HOG; which was rather refreshing.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jul 8, 11 3:46 PM
"Absolutely fabulous!" Enjoy the "artistry"! My overall view is the complexity and the intricacy that went into the production of this game. . . . . . . . and that I perceive it as a game. The People's Choice Awards review for "Foreign Dreams" - "Amazingly and unbelievably great very impressive!" they give it and

"Touche'!"

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 3:47:58 PM PST

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Jul 8, 11 4:08 PM
I kinda like this game. Its different. I like the story. I wanna know what happened!!! Its got me hooked. I have to add it to the list of games to get.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 9, 11 4:20 AM
Well, what do you know? I got this really narrow screen with huge black bars on either side left and right, which means I would have to set my screen resolution manually to a lower one.

Then, the tutorial showed me that I have to use the HINT button if I wanted a hint, and well... that was when the game stopped working. Didn`t even make it to a minutes in the game and it already froze on me.

As I said before, GFI will now definitely be the other game developers I won`t even bother to try out anymore.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Jul 9, 11 5:22 AM
Far too many technical issues to purchase. Could be a good game but needs a lot of work. Very dark scenes. I couldn't get the Hint button to work at all. It is very rare that a BFG game doesn't work properly. I didn't finish the demo because it was simply too aggravating.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jul 9, 11 9:45 AM
You don't get enough time to read the text before it vanishes. Once it is gone you can't get it back. Graphics are cartoonish. Polyhedron puzzle is such a no-brainer that I didn't see the point of it. I forgot to read the text in the book. Now I can't go back and see what it says.

So far I have played for 30 minutes but I find this game more tedious than intriguing.

I don't think I'll be buying this one.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Jul 9, 11 10:45 AM
Not for me. Don't like picture HOGs much and just didn't grab me. Only managed 12 mins of the demo before I quit.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 9, 11 11:16 AM
I really don't like this game. Graphic's are dark and hard to find. Don't like the music either so guess there is not much I do like.. It's a no buy for me.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 9, 11 12:54 PM
I liked the game but I have a feeling that the amount of playing time left to me after the demo expired is much less than what I already played, based upon the comments I've been reading about this game. If it's ever offered as a DD or if I have to burn off a coupon before the expiration date, maybe I'll pick it up to find out the ending but I can't justify paying full price for a short game.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 10, 11 9:37 AM
For some odd reason, I really enjoyed that game. I liked being swept up into dreams that in the beginning made no sense but following the little girl, things sorted out. I won't tell the plot, that would be a major no-no.
The graphics were a nice break..not simplistic at all..very different. The whole mood d of the game was cerebral,trying to help another human being in obvious pain. The dream sequences were interesting with nice ihogs written in. I liked the silhouette of the item, and if you wished...the items name, since some silhouettes are not obvious.
(thank god for spell check on the word silhouette) ,
It was worth the coupon, would have been a bit nicer to have more on the little girl since her part in this seems unreasonably sad. Also, perhaps the brothers together again...I don't know, but another chapter was needed.
kris

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 11, 11 4:25 PM
I agree with the comments already made. I didn't hate it but I'm not quite sure if I actually liked it. I wasted a lot of time with the letter cube and never did figure out what I was supposed to do. I found the circled lit up letter but couldn't do anything with it. I'm another person who had to click the skip button. I'll add it to my DD list and decide if it ever comes up on there.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jul 11, 11 11:38 PM
I don't understand why so many people seem to be against this game. It is different but I found it very enjoyable. The puzzles are fairly challenging and a bit different. Much better than some recent offerings. I'd say try it rather than be put off by some of the negative comments. A buy for me.

[Post New]by tar_dot on Jul 12, 11 2:28 AM
To begin with, no issues here, which could spoil my impression of this game. I like the story much, not usual one. ?artoonish art looks great, I was searching the objects without any trouble. Sure it's buy for me.

[Post New]by JunkyFish on Jul 12, 11 6:35 AM
Great plot, very exciting, not bad graphics, mb a bit dark, but this fact doesn't prevent me from searching hidden objects. no issues, have already bought full version

[Post New]by stem13 on Jul 12, 11 6:54 AM
I've enjoyed the demo version and I'm going to buy a full one. Very interesting plot, well detailed cartoonish graphics with clear objects, nice set of mini-games which are quite diverse. Buy for me.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Jul 18, 11 3:15 PM
I wasted my first half hour trying to get past the letters on the book. So I only had a half hour when the new version came out. And I had to work my way back to where I'd been. Put it on my "buy" list because I didn't get far enough to see where it was going (put my coin and documents in the repaired vending machine and was trying to figure out how to get the ticket when time ran out). But it will have to be very cheap since it is so short. Maybe I'll skip it entirely.

So far Plants vs. Zombies is the longest game I've ever played. If the drive on the computer it was on hadn't died, I'd probably be playing it still. Knowing how addictive it is, I haven't loaded it on this machine.

I prefer **** games to any others. I've been working thru the trials, buying ones I like. By the end of my first year, I'll have enough games to last me till I'm in a nursing home, unable to use a computer.

Thanks, BigFish.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 20, 11 3:15 PM
I played the demo and I am off to buy the g ame, Yes the game is different sometime's we need something different I really love the game it held my interest..
I like the music, and graphics Thx BF and Devs' Kuddos to your excellent work..

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Sep 10, 11 4:06 PM
Actually, I liked the game. It was different, and I liked the thought that went into the progression of each dream. The story was intriguing. I didn't buy because I was actually finishing the 3rd dream at the end of the demo, and there are only 5 in the game - the game needs to be longer.

Go to: