Re:Post any Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Jul 9, 11 11:13 AM
Okay sorry, but this is what the error code actually says "Try to add error code "car closeup" [thats] sic already on screen". This comes up before the game even loads. I am frustrated. Sorry for posting so many times, I only get so much "alone" time, and this is it...spoiled by a tech issue that is obviously a major one for other as well, even if it happens in other places for them... I want answers! lol

[Post New]by pixiecat2007 on Jul 9, 11 11:17 AM
Having bought this game, im having a lot of the same problems everyone is, FREEZING, CRASHING ect try to exit and cant have to completely shut computer down. WHEN OH WHEN are we gonna get a game with no problems. REALLY FED UP.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 9, 11 12:19 PM
Having same problem. Mouse sluggish and wandering, delay after clicking. getting worse as I work through my 60 min. Was going to buy but not until game fixed. This is the second game in a week with similar problem. My computer is up to date

[Post New]by kmns11 on Jul 9, 11 12:32 PM
M2Gooner wrote:SPOILER: Have gotten almost to the end of the game without any problems. That is, until I get to the vampire's coffin and then the game "kicks" me out and closes. When I reopen the game and try to resume from that point it "kicks" me out and closes again. It lets me start as a new profile but I don't want to start at the beginning again -- quite frustrating. I've also tried re-booting and that didn't help either. I haven't had any other problems thus far with sound, freezing, speed, jittery mouse, etc. My OS system is Windows XP (current with all MS updates) and I have plenty of memory. Also, while playing the game I have my security software running in game mode. Is there a patch/update needed or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem! Uninstalled and re-installed, but no luck. Help!

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Jul 9, 11 12:45 PM
Custom Cursor would wander around once the game started........restarted my computer and set for my own cursor which worked fine but game was very sluggish and slow........didn't have the patience to re-install, maybe another day.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 9, 11 1:30 PM
I agree with other people we sure have had a batch of poor games lately. I downloaded the trail & just getting started & my screen froze. WHAT IS UP WITH THESE PEOPLE. ARE THE TOO LAZY TO REAL TRY A GAME BEFORE PUTTING IT OUT TO THE PUBLIC. THEY SHOULD AT LEAST TRY IT A GOOD DOZEN TIMES BEFORE LETTING IT OUT TO THE PUBLIC.

Until it is fixed I am not going to play &will erase this game from my list.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 9, 11 2:03 PM
I have included the following link to [removed by moderator]'s tech support web site so that you can send them an e-mail

[removed by moderator]

Edited to add: just copy and paste to top address bar.

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 2:26:42 PM PST

[Post New]by midnightwolf62 on Jul 9, 11 2:19 PM
while by the baby carriage I clicked to leave the room. Afire started growing on the page and my curser would stutter and have multiple copies as I dragged it through the page. I was able to leave the room by going to the photos. tried to reenter the house via the yard and the same thing happened.

Anna1966
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1966 on Jul 9, 11 3:25 PM
Come on BFG, this is the fourth game in 2 weeks that either crashes, freezes or just kicks me out. I am grateful for the customer support and refunds but I am tired of wasting downloading on games that won't work. I get to the light bulb and get an access violation error. I have a brand new computer so it is not that. I will have to yet again contact customer support when they open and get another refund credit. Please please fix these issues or don't put the games out.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 9, 11 4:29 PM
Oh my gosh this sucks, was just getting ready to purchase this game, checked the length reviews, and they looked super, 4 1/2- 5 hrs, so all clear there.
Now, after reading SO many game freezing issues, that you can't finish the game, there is NO way, I am going to buy it now, so disapointed .
I WANTED to buy Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy also, BUT I can't because the SE version doesn't play without errors, which makes NO sense because the CE version played FINE on my computer.
I contacted CS and they want me to download NetFramework4, saying that could MAYBE help with the issue, that makes NO sense to me, I didn't have to download this for the more expensive CE version of the same exact game, to run fine.
Ok I feel a little better after getting my frustrations out, I guess I will just go play and old game, since I cannot buy a new one that works.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 9, 11 5:05 PM
Here I go again...same slow cursor movement and slow moving from area to area...just plain "draggy". I so much wanted to play this game as I have several by the same developer and have had no problems. I just skipped a mini game (which I don't like to do) because I couldn't control the small movements of the cursor which were needed. I have three games now I'm waiting to be able to play - same issues. I really don't believe it is my computer (fairly new and lots of memory, etc) and upgrades are done every evening before I sign off the computer.

I could be OK with the "hand-holding" and "sparkles", but am a bit surprised at this from this wonderful game developer. I just wish I could figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. Some of my past communications with Dr. F have been of no help.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Jul 9, 11 5:09 PM
Some cursor lagging, but was enjoying the game and close to the end is the problem. Entering mine down the ladder and...
"Access violation at 0x72617473 (tried to read from 0x72617473) program terminated"

Have a diagnostic file, but waiting to see if any other responses come in for a fix or update.

Thanks

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 9, 11 5:33 PM
Probably why there's no walkthrough yet. The writer reached this part and realized they couldn't finish the walkthrough.

[Post New]by questforspirit on Jul 9, 11 5:58 PM
Almost to the end of the game. Was watching a cut scene puter froze had to open task manager to exit. Then I got Access violation at 0x72617473 (tried to read from 0x72617473) program terminated. Updated all drivers and adobe flash and shockwave. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem. Will Start under new profile tomorrow. Hope there is a new build soon.

[Post New]by pckrlady on Jul 9, 11 6:00 PM
I am having the same problems, almost 3/4 the way through and it won't let me back in. Keeps giving me an error message!! I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still it won't work. When will we know there is a patch or a fix for this? I usually don't have any problems with any games, so this is pretty frustrating for me. Thanks much!

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by IamJbar on Jul 9, 11 6:21 PM
I have been having the same problems with a lot of the games lately. I have a new HP desktop running Windows 7. I update daily, have tons of memory, latest versions of all the Flash, video cards, etc. I have HAD problems with more games these last two months than those that I HAVE NOT had problems with. I sent a Dr.Felix report to CS Tech. They were absolutely polite and professional, as usual, but did not seem to be able to tell me if I would ever be able to play those games. They just said to keep checking the forums for update and fix announcements. I have been a member for a long time, and this is the first time I have felt like I was unable to find anything to use my credits on!! I dont post often. Thanks for letting me vent,
JBar

[Post New]by questforspirit on Jul 9, 11 7:17 PM
Ok tried to start under new profile, screen started flashing black and white like crazy. Then tried under old profile same result. I'm concerned everything I have done, as suggested by BFG has messed up my computer!

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Jul 9, 11 8:40 PM
Count me as another one to have almost finished the game but the screen went black and I got the "access violation error" and "the game has stopped working" messages. Soooo frustrating because I was almost done and this game has no replay value for me do to the neverending repetative H0G scenes, but I want to at least know how it ends after all the time I've invested playing it!!! BOOOO!!!!

[Post New]by helbert on Jul 9, 11 9:18 PM
Game loads. Click Play, view advances toward a gate. Video blurs (on purpose) and the game goes black. Spots of white flicker occassionlly like the the end of an old black and white film. Sound is working. Had to Alt+tab to return to desktop, from which I closed the game.

Alienware M17x10 (laptop)
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
RAM 8 GB
64-bit Operating System
Samsung SSD PM810 (149GB free space)
ATI Mobility Radeo HD 5870
Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

Heartisan
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Heartisan on Jul 9, 11 9:30 PM
I think I/we should get our trial hour back. I have the sluggish cursor, but changing to my regular cursur fixed that, but I still have the sluggishness that I was trying to deal with until I had to color in that damn picture with the markers and could't hit the target that I realzed I would probably smash my computer if I tried to get through the entire game this way. So then I thought I would try a few things, checking updates and such. Then I started testing everything I could think of, closing different things, restarting, shutting computer down completely, reinstalling, even went to trying different resolutions. So now....... MY TRIAL HOUR IS UP.

So now I can't even test anything out to help you guys out instead of sitting here ranting on the forum and reading other rants.

Lets start chanting I WANT MY HOUR BACK, I WANT MY HOUR BACK, I WANT MY HOUR BACK........

I'm going to give them a few days and try to be patient. Any game these days that has vampire in it is going to be VERY popular, so make extra sure it works before releasing it to his hungry mob (I include me). I know it's tough. BUT HURRY or the gates will fall

Go to: