angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Review for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 9, 11 5:34 AM
crazy8club wrote:[removed by moderator]

Not everyone has a widescreen monitor. Many here play on laptops or have standard desktop monitors. Devs can't always please everyone. I have a 22'' widescreen but just because a game doesn't fill it, I don't let it stop me buying a game I like.

I've always found tech support to be very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

You can play free for an hour, the trial time. Sites that let you play for free have limitations on many games or advertisements interrupting them. If you prefer that then by all means go elsewhere.

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 2:49:27 PM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 9, 11 5:35 AM
wow, only 7 minutes into the game and the headache started. Really too bad because it looks interesting. Just too much light flashing, so overdone.
kris

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jul 9, 11 5:42 AM

To crazy8club --- Sorry to hear you had problems with this game. Just wanted to let you know that the game works great on my 24" monitor -- most every BFG game does. The only issue I occasionally run into is that my graphics card cannot support the game. You might want to log your complaint under the Technical thread. Personally, I find the BFG suppport/customer service folks to be among the best.

And since this is a review thread...
I liked the game despite all the hand-holding. I like the 'adventure' side of these games and appreciate that I don't have to spend a lot of time in the H0G scenes. The 'hot/cold' hint lets me get through those scenes a lot quicker. I also thank the first person who mentioned the candle indicator for completed areas. Very helpful! I played the entire hour demo and will likely buy this game later today when I am ready to dig into a new game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 9, 11 5:45 AM
Alas I think [removed by moderator] have "shot themselves in the foot" with this game and will lose a lot of money purely because this is a game that should have come with a choice of different play modes ... Easy = Sparkles ... Hard = Sparkleless.

Those of you who like an easier type game will have a fantastic time playing knowing that with [removed by moderator] holding your fin every single step of the way you cannot fail to spot anything whatsoever and everything will go swimmingly .

Those of you who are light sensitive would be wise to not even try it as the hidden object scenese are lit up like the fourth of july with sparkles ... so there goes one bunch of sales.

Those of us who prefer to find objects and interactive areas for ourselves will be taking a good hard think about purchasing such an easy game and some will say no way ... so there goes another bunch of sales.

This is a great shame because this game is really excellent apart from that and I feel that a sparkleless mode would ensure that everyone, including [removed by moderator]'s pockets, would be happy with it ... well except for Poopysue perhaps .

As for me I am sitting on a rock with fins crossed waiting to see if [removed by moderator] will do a "hard" version patch and, if they do, I will be first in the queue to buy ... .

Cherb

ETA ... corrected spelling and decided to add one more plea to the developers to change this game from an "[removed by moderator] said do this, [removed by moderator] said look here" type game into a proper Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 9:13:13 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 9, 11 5:47 AM
I played the Demo and liked the game very much, Kuddo's to the DEV's and BF..
This game is a keeper..

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 9, 11 6:02 AM
my god!my father said:nobody can please to somebody and also to his one's father!it is what i think reading all what is said here:everyone seems to think the dev's had to make a game just as they want for themselves and exactly with all they want!very difficult job for everyone has differents tastes!if you don't like,don't buy!it is simple,no?
in the one hour demo(i betaed this game in october)i don't find very much change,but the system of photo-teleportation is very good!and i have played 2 hours before noticing what the green colour was showing objects!i agree it 'll make the hidden objects scenes more easier,but not so....i can't see the colour in the inventory,and look closer at the screen at same time specially when there is just one or two objects remaining!and the sparkles,when they show you there is something to do,don't show you where you must go to find what you need
when i go on further in the game ,several times i had to use photo album to know where to go for searching items i need
it is a good game and these who think it led you by nose have not simply reach the more difficult levels:i played adventures games for 9 years now and hidden objects game for 4,and it is not the easier i have done
for the length:it took to me 5 hours to see the end and 5 hours well occupied!
it is a four stars for me

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Jul 9, 11 6:13 AM
Oooooo I relly wanted to like this game! But again with the sparkles. Not only are they distracting but they also take away so much from the game itself....I would rather figure things out on my own, and not have my hand held. NO BUY! I wish these devs would finally get it straight!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE SPARKLES!!!!!

maggisaxby
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by maggisaxby on Jul 9, 11 6:30 AM
I don't mind a few gentle sparkles, that you can turn off. But these gigantic, pulsing EXPLOSIONS of light are INFURIATING!!!!!

Shame, as otherwise it looks interesting.

A no buy here.............. but a rebuild, with degrees of difficulty......... I can't wait!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 9, 11 6:32 AM
Within 10 min. of playing this game I thought what everyone else did. Far to easy. I am glad I kept going though. Yes, there are a lot of sparkles and hand holding but you move through the game very fast and that kept me from being bored.

In the hidden object scenes they went a bit overboard with the items on the list turning green if you are near an item. What is the hint button function when you do this? I did try the hint button and it refills very fast. I found myself watching the list instead of searching for the object Even so I thought it was something different and fun.

Since you take pictures along the way you can go to the photo album and travel to the location you need with out clicking over and over. Loved that idea!!
If you are unsure where to go next the hint button will tell you along the way without having to recharge.

They could have made the mini puzzles a bit more difficult but that is a nice change also.
Sometimes I like a game that doesn't stress me out trying to make it through.

You have to collect gems along the way to fill a pendant. In the hour demo I found 5 gems and I tend to speed through demos. With that said I think the length would be ok.

Although the actual play is a bit on the easy side the story is a fun one if you like them a bit spooky. I do think that had they put voice overs in it would have really been an improvement.

I give this 3 1/2 out of 5. If they would have left some of the sparkles out and made it a bit more difficult I would have rated it better.

I am off to buy it!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 9, 11 6:46 AM
Wow! I have already left my review and went on to read some others.
I have been a member here for well over a year and have never seen nasty comments like I have read here today.
Why would you complain about excessive hand holding and in the same paragraph **** because there is no walk through?
Sorry that Crazy8club wasn't happy with the game on her monitor. It worked fine on mine. But where can you go to that there is never a problem and at no cost? Not anywhere I have seen.
Yes this game was on the easier side but I bought and am happy I did. There are always games out there that someone won't like. If you don't like it don't buy it but don't make the mistake of thinking that each game was made especially for you.

I have always been happy with my membership to Big Fish! Thank you to all the developers that give me a break from reality.
My game time is my time of relaxation!!

Godolfin
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Godolfin on Jul 9, 11 6:53 AM
Slight spoiler in my review but it's very early in the game so I hope no one minds. I, as did most of the devoted HOGers, just couldn't play with all the sparkles. I think we have been spoiled by games like MCF and others of it's ilk. I just found this game too darn easy. I know some people who liked this game find the rest of us a little elitist but many of us have been playing these games for years and we are used to a certain standard now. Sparkles and silly green words aside this game is terribly easy. SPOILER!!! The first mini game is a colour by numbers for pete's sake! I know many of these games like to ease you into it with a couple of not so tough mini games to start with but I just found that to be ridiculous. I've enjoyed other [removed by moderator] games before so I'm pretty disappointed in this one.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 9:12:51 AM PST

[Post New]by tiggrsbounc on Jul 9, 11 7:05 AM
I'm SO glad I read reviews before I DL a game. Flashing lights trigger migraines for me so I'll have to pass..

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 9, 11 7:13 AM
I know many of you thought the grapics were great but I was underwhelmed; very grainy & I really could not tell what some of the objects were without putting my nose against the screen & squinting. It was as though I needed a new pair of spectacles to make the world sharper & in focus.

Agree about the sparkes/light show - it would have been nice to be given the choice to switch these off.

I liked the story & would have loved to buy but the graphics were just too poor, will go & play the DD instead

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 9, 11 7:37 AM
crazy8club wrote:[removed by moderator].

Hey crazy8club--Quite a bit off-topic here, considering the thread is for game reviews, and not soap-box oratory. There are a couple of other threads where you can vent all you'd like. And most of us don't appreciate being YELLED at, which is what all capital letters usually imply! Seems that other folks have a different opinion about "wide screen" than you do. So sorry for you that 25 minutes into the demo you still haven't gotten into the game--I was into it in about 3 minutes. And you're absolutely correct about other web sites--I'm sure they'll welcome you. But this game deserves a chance! Hope you return here to get some feedback from your post!

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 2:49:49 PM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 9, 11 7:44 AM
This is the sequel to the first game Vampire Saga – Pandora’s Box.

The graphics are so much better than the previous one. The music gives the game play a creepy & eerie feel to it.

The sparkling light is WAY too shiny. This is a warning for those who are light sensitive.

There is a mass of tiny spiders in the child’s room. This is a warning for those who don’t like spiders.

The hidden object scene has a new feature. The words lights up, depends how close or far you are to the object. This is almost like the hint system, but it isn’t at all.

There is some or a lot of back tracking, but if you do hate backtracking then you could fast travel by using the photos of the locations that you had visited.

There is a possibility that I might purchase this game.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 9, 11 7:55 AM
Sparkles.

Oh goody! The massive bloated government is here to help me through this terribly unfair game!

Gregs_Girl
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,918 Posts

[Post New]by Gregs_Girl on Jul 9, 11 8:01 AM
I don't generally review games as most everyone else does a good job expressing my thoughts.....But I will have to say, I too get Migraines from flashing lights (among various other triggers) and yes, while there is flashing in this game leading you to, well....everything.....I did not find that it was enough to cause me a headache. Everyone has different tolerance levels....I almost didn't try it based on previous comments but decided to give it a try since I really loved the first game. My advice, give it a try to see if it bothers you....you will be able to tell whithin a few short minutes.

That being said.....based on 20 minutes of the demo, I liked the game, but......I don't think I am going to purchase it without a rebuild. If they get rid of the lights flashing, I will get it. It has nothing to do with the potential headache but more that fact that it is extremely irritating!! (and there is always the potential that if played for an extended time there it may result in a headache - no thanks!)

Let's see, how can I say this so to be most helpful to the developer?

I. Don't. Like. Hand. Holding........it's one thing to "hold my hand" but this is like playing the game for you! What's the point in buying it if I don't even get to figure it out for myself?

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jul 9, 11 8:28 AM
I like this game! Have played almost the whole trial and find it intriguing and fun. Perhaps not the grade of Pandora's Box but good enough for a coupon code or even the SE price. It's s buy for me, anyway.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 9, 11 9:13 AM
I'm usually a fan of [removed by moderator] games but this game is absolutely too easy with all the sparkles and I HATE the flashing. No way will I buy unless they fix it.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 9:13:28 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 9, 11 9:26 AM
I like this game. Yes, I had to change the resolution to get full screen, and yes there are way too many sparkles and flashing lights (why do they think we need so much hand holding ?) and yes the cursor goes loop de loop if you click too many times. (something I think is totally unnecessary)
( Hope the developers are listening) The game would have been so much better without the above. But on the good side the H0 scenes are clear not blurry or obscure and the graphics are clear IMO and there is enough creep factor to make it fun. Good for buying with one of my coupon credits anyway..... at least a good escape for a Saturday.

Go to: