Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Seventh Gate

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Jul 15, 11 6:01 AM
Was disappointed in this game, far too many **** scenes and not enough M3...much preferred the originals, they were brilliant and had great replay value. Real shame they had to change the format IMO.

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Jul 15, 11 6:04 AM
Re my last post: lol at the way they took out my abbreviation for Hidden Object...I was not using a gangster word for a women of dubious behaviour..I am a bit old for that kind of talk!!!!

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Jul 16, 11 6:45 AM
sort of disappointed! short game. not as good as the other "jewel" games!

MsWatts
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MsWatts on Jul 16, 11 4:53 PM
Hi All! I, as you can see from my icon, am not a frequent poster or commentator, however, I have to speak now. I was a little frustrated that after the 1 hour demo, I had not reached an M3 board. I wondered what was wrong with me. I read the comments here and realized it's not ME. It's just a calm, time consuming game where you don't need to be rushed to find things and there's a LOT of things to find and I will get there. I have to say, at first I thought this was more of an M3 game than an ****, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it's SO much more! The Devs should be proud.

I appreciate all you have said and I'm off to BUY!

s_tickle
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by s_tickle on Jul 17, 11 5:32 PM
Thks for all the replies. I came here before even downloading and I'm certainly not interested in a JQ HOG. And then it only takes you 4 hrs to complete it, duh, a no brainer on not buying this one.

Kwipper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Kwipper on Jul 17, 11 6:04 PM
I admit that I did the same thing...jumped right in and purchased without using the trial. Not happy about having to use the game as timed. It's supposed to be fun; not a pressure cooker to complete within a given time frame. No problems now but expect as the game goes on that I will not be able to beat the clock. Really disappointing not to have to relaxed option on these extremely well done games. Wish the developers would consider a patch that adds that option for those of us that want to play to chill out and relax.

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 6:05:21 PM PST

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Jul 17, 11 6:27 PM
gimmegames wrote:I love this series. You can nitpick the hidden objects if you want, but I *love* the ambient sounds, music, locations/scenes, and the match-3 jewel boards for mini games. Also love the extra coins and gems you can look for. Mostly straight HOG with a few IHOG items in your inventory to carry around till needed.

I enjoyed the hour demo without any tech issues or slow load times.

My sentiments exactly!

[Post New]by charmed_witch0 on Jul 20, 11 8:18 AM
I agree with some of the other posts, It is far too short, I couldn't believe it when I did the last puzzle and then the game ended. Very disappointed.

[Post New]by momfixes on Jul 22, 11 5:42 PM
This game was fun but extremely short! I am very disappointed I reached the end so quickly. I agree a "time option mode" would be nice...... Perhaps that's why I finished the game in under 4 hrs. Guess I felt rushed. Does Big Fish give refunds or exchanges?

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 24, 11 8:48 PM
I'll not buy any game that has drop-downs in them. A waste of time. Give me a good game anytime, but don't put that stuff in a good game.

natalie69
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by natalie69 on Jul 28, 11 12:11 AM
i had no idea it was a timed game i guess i just wasnt paying attention as the only time i ever noticed a timer was when i was doing the jewel boards. i really liked that the objects were very well hidden but i still managed to find them without my glasses on.

what really annoyed me was i got to finish a jewel board and it went to the cartoon of her telling the bloke to bring up her daughter and he says not until she gets the jewel and then it just went back to its main menu!!! i thought i had accidentially hit the menu button or something i clicked on play again and it said you have completed the game would you like to start again your scores will be wiped i was like wtf???? it didnt even roll credits or anything i feel a bit ripped off i wish they would say in the blog that its not a full game its half of 1 or whatever coz i got caught buying that charlaine harris dying for daylight ( half game ) and i was seriously unimpressed that i got had yet again!!!

[Post New]by SheilaCronk on Jul 28, 11 6:22 PM
I think it totally sucks. I have paid for the game and can't get past the first screen. I have asked for help to no avail. I would not recommend this to anyone.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 28, 11 11:15 PM
Wow, the games in this series are always ones that last me weeks, days at the least, because they are very long and the object are so well hidden I give my eyes a break and play something else in between chapters..

So imagine my disappointment when I went to play a chapter or 2 more and WHAM game over! WTH?!

I was not happy with the voice overs in the game either. I liked it better in 1 and 2 where I could read the story. In this game there are maybe 6-8 scenes and thats it! They barely wrote a story at all and it was far less engaging. I didn't care what happened and it was all a bit too saccharin for my taste with the "Mommy's coming baby! and "Ohhh I'll get you, you evil villain you" bits. And for the love of a muffin, if you do voice overs and video scenes please program them at the same level! I either couldn't hear "Mom" or the legend scenes were blaring loud. I had to adjust my speakers,the whole game.

There were also waaay less jewel M3 boards! Just when I got to the Ice and beetles I thought the boards were getting challenging. I was stunned that they were the last boards. And what happened to the moving scenes? All the sudden there were no more of those either?!!

The changes to jewel purchases was lame. I liked it better when I could use them for help finding jewels, more time etc instead of M3 power-ups, which is a total waster since the game is over by the time you need to use any, most players won't need them at all.

Spintop PLEASE listen to your customers like other Developer's do!1 Many of us would like to see a non-timed option. How many times must we ask for this?! Its pretty standard in games now, so it can't be that hard to add one!
2 Please bring back the longer diary stories and original jewel purchase options, maybe with the new M3 power-ups and make the M3 boards more challenging like adding chains, dropped to the bottom items to retrieve etc.
3 Keep up the inventory items, make the graphics better.. this games graphics were very small and your getting slopy..some don't even look like the items it says it was. Well hidden is fine, tiny blobs are just lazy/bad art!

I think if you took your M3 and IHOG aspects to the current quality level of M3 and IHOGs now, you MIGHT win us back that love the series.. but if they are all going to be like this you'll lose a lot of us instead. Next time won't buy before I know game length! Editing my review next!

[Post New]by Tundraswan on Jul 30, 11 6:50 AM
Boy, this game sure proves you should NEVER buy a game without TRYING it first!! I would not have bought it if I had realized the @#%&* timer could not be disabled!!!

The following quote expresses my view exactly. From now on, I will at least read the reviews before purchasing a game.

(Thanks to all who have taken the time to post reviews.)

cjmajor49 wrote:This could be a good game , except for the lousy timer. A game should at least be a little relaxing. Timed games just put pressure on a person and that's where the fun disappears. If a game has a timer as it's only way to play, it is definitely a no-buy for me.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 31, 11 9:26 AM
Any game with a timer I can't turn off = no sale...ever.

[Post New]by Vampira668 on Jul 31, 11 1:48 PM
I love the JQ. This one was not worth the money very boring. Very disappointed.

FRENCHIE48
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by FRENCHIE48 on Aug 1, 11 2:10 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH THE MUSIC ROOM. I CANNOT GET THE VASE IT WILL NOT BREAK. HAVE DELETED AND RELOADED GAme let it run out nada.BENJA508@AOL.COM RE:FISH GAME IF YOU CAn help. we have bought almost 700 games NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM.

natalie69
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by natalie69 on Aug 6, 11 2:11 AM
FRENCHIE48 wrote:DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH THE MUSIC ROOM. I CANNOT GET THE VASE IT WILL NOT BREAK. HAVE DELETED AND RELOADED GAme let it run out nada.BENJA508@AOL.COM RE:FISH GAME IF YOU CAn help. we have bought almost 700 games NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM.

i had the same problem and all i did was to go out and then come back in a cpl of times i found that with a few actually you could see the thingy and you knew what you had to do but it just did nothing. but anyways going out of the room and back in again helped me hope it helps you as well

FRENCHIE48
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by FRENCHIE48 on Aug 13, 11 12:16 AM
OK HAD TO TOTALLY DELETE EVERY SPECK OF THE GAME FROM MY BOT THEN IT WORKED FINE GOT THE MACHETE ON THE CRYSTAL AND AM ON MY THIRD GO ROUND. ONLY MAJOR FLAW I SEE IS THE GAME IS TOO SHORT.
THX TO ALL WHO HELPED
GOD BLESS
SEMPER-FI
JOE FROM N.H.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Aug 15, 11 7:20 AM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:<snip>Next time won't buy before I know game length! <snip>

So how many chapters is it?
Tks for info

Go to: