bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread? Dev response within!

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 14, 11 7:08 AM
quarlesqueen wrote:Hi Askold ,
Thanks so much for visiting the pond, I love when a developer takes the time to come and listen to our feedback, about their games.
Not only that, but also letting us know, that the bonus chapter is on average, 2hrs long, of course depending on the players skill level, but that is a HUGE plus, in my book .
Also, I don't purchase many CE's at all, due to funds, but I played the trial, and just LOVED this game, the opening scenes were so cool to watch, graphics are FANTASTIC, with a great story...LOVE IT !!
In the one H0 scene, there was a little bear, with huge eye's, I rolled my mouse over it, as if to pet it, and it closed it eye's, as if to say, oh that feels so good..too CUTE!
There was a spintop on the floor of another H0 scene, that rolled around, when you moused, by it, love these extra touches .
Knowing now that the bonus chapter is long, so it is worth the CE price, I may have to do without some of my favorite snacks, from the grocery store next month, because I am getting this visualy stunning, creepy atmosphere, with a story that has completely sucked me IN, great game...Oh Yea baby, my cup of tea, for SURE .
THANKS askold, and everyone at Volgat, that had a hand in making this, all of your effort and hard work, shows in this masterpeice, job well done !
I may not be saying this next month, when I don't have my, Dove chocolate bar, with almonds to eat, while playing my games..LOL, JUST kidding :-)

hi queen, that bear is actually a bush baby, (my avatar at another forum, that one looks like its had one to many cups of coffee,,,i loved it

Re:Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread?

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Jul 14, 11 7:28 AM
TeamSD wrote:This game developed by Vogat (Gravely Silent, Reincarnations, Dark Ritual etc....). So where is Unsolved Mystery Club 2 CE?

Seems I don't have any of those games in my history of buying games and after trying this one, I know why.

Downloaded this game and all I got from it was sound and a blank screen. That may explain why I have none of their other games in my history.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 14, 11 7:51 AM
i was waiting this one since i played the beta in september 2010!and now,it's here!!!!when i played beta i was conviced this will be a ce(i played the beta in 1 hour and half!)and ordinary very long game are almost CE!
a very good long hidden objects-adventure game,and i agree with dev :the bonus chapter is better!(more puzzles) and creepy and beautiful!
now i'm dying for reincarnation III!
go on,vogat!you have the just mix of what we like to find in our games!

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jul 14, 11 7:52 AM
didnt say i wasntgonna get the game just not pay for it here

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 14, 11 8:02 AM
I was just thinking we hadn't seen anything from Vogat in awhile (since April) and what a delightful surprise this morning to see the long-awaited F.A.C.E.S.!

I'm looking forward to demoing it this morning!

Thanks, Vogat!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 14, 11 8:06 AM
Askold, I have seen many developers come into the forums and post. Sadly a few have reacted badly. Lashing out at posters when confronted with a negative posts, reviews or suggestions...and even worse. They put me off buying their games. You sir, are nothing like them. You are an honest, sincere, well spoken man who handled Cordia's post with compassion, understanding and the highest professionalism!

Vogat games are some of my favorites. Now seeing how much they care and listen to their customers, I will gladly buy your CEs. I want to support companies like yours. I know how much time, effort and hard work goes into making high quality games. For you to reach a point of release, then go back and add more for us is some major dedication and shows you all LOVE what you do. To decide; "This is good, but so many love it we can make it better!" (paraphrasing), that says your listening to what we want, reading what we have to say and your company CARES.

You all deserve a standing ovation for your work and dedication. I'm putting my fins together clapping wildly! I'm also hitting the buy button. I have saved my only 2 for just the the right CE. This is that CE, I will gladly buy this CE and continue to do so from a Developer that puts out amazing games, gives us what we REALLY want in a CE (long bonus chapters, great stories, amazing graphics and all the little things we like cursor options, no timers, sparkles and easy settings for those that want it and Hard no sparkles for those that don't etc etc), and shows us our opinions matter to you!

You went above and beyond to make us all happy with this one. Keep up the good work! My hats off to all at Vogat games and to you too Askold for responding to us all with respect and kindness. Bravo!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread? Dev response within!

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jul 14, 11 8:19 AM
snapnhiss wrote:
Cordia wrote:I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a standard release. Is THIS why the game's release was postponed so long? The devs saw how much people wanted to play it and decided to pump it into a CE?

....yeah, who developed this? Because they're now on my no-buy list.

UPDATE: Askold of Vogat popped in to explain why the change happened. I shouldn't have been so hasty with my judgement, and it's been quite a long time since the game was first announced, so it seems possible that they've had plenty of time to polish things up and add a substantial bonus game. My apologies for being so cranky.

Did you even demo the game before posting? It's unfair to the developers to announce things like this without doing a little preliminary research first.

First....she DID say she was sorry for being cranky, and 2nd even the Devs accepted her updated post with grace. Why can't you? Geesh!

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jul 14, 11 11:10 AM
Who is Mudrock ????????

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 14, 11 11:26 AM
I can't play yoour game on one of my computers so i had to get on another computer i have here, the other computer freezzes up and i have to shut down manually.. astkoid can you tell me why that happens??? there both good computers...

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Re:Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread?

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jul 14, 11 11:32 AM
VOGAT wrote:Dear players,

Let me explain please. F.A.C.E.S. CE is much longer than SE was. We added a HUGE new chapter in the CE. We made the game much longer than it previously was. We care about our players. I hope you enjoy.

In addition, we improved the SE chapters. You've got even better game.

And if you do not want to buy CE - just wait a month please. But I'm sure you will not be disappointed - the new CE chapter is very good, even better than SE. I love F.A.C.E.S. CE.

I wish you enjoyment of the game. Thank you for your choice.

Askold

Thank you for taking the time to explain everything. I really appreciate it.

I wish I had time to play F. A. C. E. S. right now because games are always more fun after you meet the devs. Also, I've bought every CE Vogat has released and loved all them. keep up the good work!

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread? Dev response within!

[Post New]by Cordia on Jul 14, 11 2:01 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
Cordia wrote:I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a standard release. Is THIS why the game's release was postponed so long? The devs saw how much people wanted to play it and decided to pump it into a CE?

....yeah, who developed this? Because they're now on my no-buy list.

UPDATE: Askold of Vogat popped in to explain why the change happened. I shouldn't have been so hasty with my judgement, and it's been quite a long time since the game was first announced, so it seems possible that they've had plenty of time to polish things up and add a substantial bonus game. My apologies for being so cranky.

Did you even demo the game before posting? It's unfair to the developers to announce things like this without doing a little preliminary research first.

I did not demo the game- I won't be able to do that until tomorrow. You're right. I shouldn't have said what I did just based on gut reaction. I'm sorry for offending you, and special apologies for not making clear how sincere my original apology was.

Go to: