bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Comments for F.A.C.E.S Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bradalex on Jul 14, 11 2:01 AM
I'm with you Dobbie, I don't get it either!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 14, 11 2:09 AM
Surrie wrote:since you feel this is your thread for your friends maybe, well I will take my leave of you

Hi there,
Apologies if I was unfriendly, of course you are welcome, and this is not MY thread or one for only my "friends".
Obviously this is one of the times I was more ascerbic that necessary.
Please continue to join in and offer your opinions/advice.
Cheers

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jul 14, 11 2:10 AM
bradalex wrote:If I could only look into the future and see what tomorrows game is going to be!

LOL...I say that all the time.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 14, 11 2:24 AM
I am only 13 minutes into the demo. I LOVE it. It's creepy!! It gave me the chills a couple of time. I like games like that. This one saves your place if you leave the game and gp back in the game. Some of the objects aren't quite so overt/in the open but isn't that what hidden objects mean? I don't care for games where all of the objects are overt, so easily found. This is a buy for me!!

Thanks Vogat!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 14, 11 2:25 AM
Surrie wrote:since you feel this is your thread for your friends maybe, well I will take my leave of you

You are VERY welcome here!!
No one has been elected to govern these threads (other than the Mods, of course).

I recommend that you just go ahead with your legitimate comments and simply ignore the proprietary attitude of any of the rest of us fellow fishies. I do.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 14, 11 2:40 AM
Awesome surprise for CE Thursday... a brand new Vogat game!

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 2:42 AM
megwoman25 wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, it is listed under the Hidden Object tab...so...
Cheers

Yes it is n I love Hidden Object games but I like a balance between puzzle & object finding, not just hidden object scene, after scene, after scene especially when there is no interactive feature in the hidden object scene. Thats just my opinion...

Hi Megwoman,

Thank you for your interest to our game. We started this game a long time ago and this is the reason why there are so many H0. Players liked H0 in those days very much.

But the CE chapter we have done in the spring and summer, so it is more interesting and modern. I'll be very happy if you can find in this game more good sides than you describe in your review.

It differs from our other games. This is our most important rule -- to make different games. We provide variety for our players. Because each person is unique.  

Thanks,

Askold

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 3:02 AM
Woofie53 wrote:I am only 13 minutes into the demo. I LOVE it. It's creepy!! It gave me the chills a couple of time. I like games like that. This one saves your place if you leave the game and gp back in the game. Some of the objects aren't quite so overt/in the open but isn't that what hidden objects mean? I don't care for games where all of the objects are overt, so easily found. This is a buy for me!!

Thanks Vogat!!

Hi Woofie,

Vogat team is very happy that you liked our game. I'm sure you will enjoy additional CE chapter even more. I love this huge extra gameplay! It's even much better than SE chapters.

Thank you for your choice!

Cheers,

Askold

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 14, 11 3:04 AM

I have not bought a CE in a while due to simply not feeling engaged enough in the stories to be bothered to be invested in the gameplay.

In general, I really dislike asylum themed games but this is a BIG BUY for me!!!

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 3:52:28 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 14, 11 3:08 AM

Hey Surrie--I somehow have a feeling that you won't be back here to read any of this, but, just in case you end up here by accident--NO ONE has ever professed to ownership of any of these threads. D-L-Oz is a very respected forum participant/contributor whose comments and remarks are always GAME-oriented. I personally like how she points things out (like the VOGAT developer joining in a thread today).

(My post may be a bit off-topic, but we all try to make germane comments about games like this one, which has been a long time coming, but apparently well worth the wait!).

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 14, 11 3:26 AM
Hi Vogat, nice of you to come here. Beta tested this game in march and was really waiting for it. Played 35 minutes of the demo. I like H0G, but I hesitate, I seem to buy only CEs now, and my bank manager is pulling his hair out.
Beautiful graphics, no voices, music OK, asylums...I've loved Green Hills, will I plunge for this one or wait for the SE ?? Decisions, decisions........

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Jul 14, 11 3:30 AM
Surrie wrote:

"since you feel this is your thread for your friends maybe, well I will take my leave of you"

Surrie, there isn't a nicer, friendlier, more helpful bunch of people than those you'll meet on the Big Fish forum. That's a promise.

I can guarantee no offence was intended.
Jo

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jul 14, 11 3:31 AM
Hi DLO, you are definitely NOT too ascerbic, your comments are always direct and useful. Please don't let one persons taking offence ( why I don't understand ) put you off. I may not always agree with your opinions and comments, but I certainly would miss reading them! Plus I'm sure I speak for loads of other fishies who use this thread.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 14, 11 3:34 AM
Poutoule wrote:Hi Vogat, nice of you to come here. Beta tested this game in march and was really waiting for it. Played 35 minutes of the demo. I like H0G, but I hesitate, I seem to buy only CEs now, and my bank manager is pulling his hair out.
Beautiful graphics, no voices, music OK, asylums...I've loved Green Hills, will I plunge for this one or wait for the SE ?? Decisions, decisions........
Vogat said that the bonus better is and 2 hours long.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jul 14, 11 4:02 AM
Some people in these forums DO act as though they own the thread. They are not necessarily insulting, etc. but they act like it's their thread and that is annoying. It turns people off.

I am not going to say anything more about it. I have been here a long time. I am not a newbie. I have seen this repeatedly.

I am not pointing fingers at any person or persons. I am stating what is glaringly obvious.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jul 14, 11 4:23 AM
krissywillow wrote:Some people in these forums DO act as though they own the thread. They are not necessarily insulting, etc. but they act like it's their thread and that is annoying. It turns people off.

I am not going to say anything more about it. I have been here a long time. I am not a newbie. I have seen this repeatedly.

I am not pointing fingers at any person or persons. I am stating what is glaringly obvious.

I am a fairly newbie, and I can honestly say that I have never met a more friendly and helpful pond of fishies.
Anyone can post anywhere and they will always be welcomed and encouraged to join in.

Sapph

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 4:24:27 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 14, 11 4:32 AM
WOO HOO....downloading now to try this game, and I love the asylum theme, so hope it REALLY has the creep factor, going for it.
It takes a lot to scare me, and while most claim to be scary, I am usually let down, so keeping fins crossed .
And this is just my personal opinion, but I also, LOVE lots of H0 scenes, the more the better, so reading from the post, that there are plenty, that makes me VERY happy .
I still don't understand why there are complaints, of having to many H0 scenes, when it is a H0 game, I don't care for adventure games, where I am just going back and forth, back and forth, collecting one object at a time, for me personally, that makes me almost fall asleep, at my computer.
I would be very dissapointed, if the H0 games eventually turned into adventure games, and would quit buying them, so I for one, am happy to see LOTS of H0 scenes..THANK YOU Vogat :-)
My download just finished, so off to play, will add more once I check it out .

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jul 14, 11 4:49 AM
Looks like just another UGLY,Dark & Dreary, 'Junk-Pile' H0G like countless others.So I'm not interested.

Last H0G that did reel me in was Tales Of Lagoona: Orphans Of The Ocean.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 5:00:03 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jul 14, 11 4:56 AM
megwoman25 wrote:
vloert wrote:Although beautifully made it could not keep me interested enough to play the full
hour. After 45 minutes there was nothing I hadn't seen before and I ended it.
Sorry, no buy for me.

Exactly my thoughts. The H0G scenes were insanely boring and there were sooo many of them!
I feel the same. I just can't get into the Vogat games, they seem too easy, with too many hogs scenes and I just can't wait for the game to be over. Love their graphics though. This is most likely a no buy for me, sorry Askold, but seems like you've made a lot of other people happy. I much preferred Timeless, Forgotten Town.

waterfire11
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by waterfire11 on Jul 14, 11 5:15 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed my trial hour and had that "oh, no!" moment, when time was up. I very rarely buy CE, but after reading in an another thread that a bonus chapter is much larger than usually, I can`t wait until next week when I get my monthly game credit and will have two of them to buy this wonderful game.

Interesting story line. I`m with those who aren`t tired of the asylum themed games. Love them!

And quarlesqueen said everything I felt about the remarks about having too many **** scenes (though every now and then I like to play pure adventure games, too). Please don`t stop them coming!

VOGAT is one of my favorite developers and one of the things I like the most is that I have NEVER had any technical difficulty with their games despite my pretty old computer.

Thank you developers! Thank you !

Go to: